Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 20

Question Old player returning / New to multiboxing in WoW / Some Q's

Hello all
    Old WoW player here, 2008 or so when i gave it up and recently looking to get back into it with 1 non multiboxing friend
    Have multiboxed Rift a little so i am familiar with the party, assist, follow and interact, and i understand a full 5 setup of the same class would be less of a PITA to deal with.
    Regardless of this I have some questions regarding a mixed class team
    Will be looking to create a party of 5 mixed class team, since this is what i would like to bring to the late game and am not sure whether a 5 complete team would be able to farm content (i say content because i expect the game has changed alot since i last played, also not familiar with how the leveling has changed, when i used to play it took longer than the information i gathered from searches)

With RAF can i complete a chain by making 5 BN accounts, RAFing them in order 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, 5-1. And then purchasing game time across the accounts?
    Will this complete the chain and receive RAF bonuses to each character?

Also is it better to have all game accounts linked to a single BN or spread out? Specifically regarding heirlooms, etc.

I intend to enjoy leveling (as from memory that content was enjoyable) and am in no rush to get to max level, but a question on team composition for when i get there.
    Would a trinity team, of Paladin, Priest and either 3x dps or mix of dps and supporting classes (warlock/druid?) work for the instance content even at late game? or would i require more than 1 healer?
    I.e. Will tank, healer, 3x dps work? or do i need more of a mix for instances.

I heard some while ago that the PVP instances have changed to disable following, does this mean it is impractical to use a team for pvp at all? Or has this only been for specific PVP instances

Thank you

You wont have trouble playing with different classes if you use the Pro system.
    http://isboxer.com/wiki/Style:MMO_-_Pro

I put 5 accounts on each battle.net. You don't want to miss out on all the bound to account items, ie heirlooms and mounts.
    Last edited by JohnGabriel : 07-30-2015 at 07:32 PM Reason: wrong link

Is it still possible to setup RAF across 5 accounts on a single BNet?

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    Is it still possible to setup RAF across 5 accounts on a single BNet?
    Yes, it is. If they're all new accounts (not older than 30 days), you can even link the last one back to the first, so all accounts are able to both grant and receive levels.

Multiboxing still viable in any instance based pvp?

Edit: After some research I have not come up with a way to link the last one back to the first?
    Seen a few guides and mirai's vid on the subject though may be outdated, how do i link the last back to the first?

So A>B>C>D>E>>A<<
    Last edited by thedevilyouknow : 08-01-2015 at 04:03 AM

how do i link the last back to the first?

So A>B>C>D>E>>A<<
    From within the game, you send an invite from account E to the e-mail address of your Battle.net account. Within the e-mail you'll receive as a result, there should be a link that allows you to log into the Account Management. Once there, you should be able to select whether you'd like to link it to an existing account or create a new one, and that's where you select account A to close the loop.

Existing accounts only qualify if they're not older than 30 days, or so I was told by the game master that set up some new accounts for me a few months ago. Back then I set up the links between my accounts after they had been created, by selecting the accounts as described. I don't know if there have been any changes to the process since then, of course, though I have been told the perks have been raised to level 90.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiBear View Post
    From within the game, you send an invite from account E to the e-mail address of your Battle.net account. Within the e-mail you'll receive as a result, there should be a link that allows you to log into the Account Management. Once there, you should be able to select whether you'd like to link it to an existing account or create a new one, and that's where you select account A to close the loop.
    So can i have account A with the original Bnet email, and 4 accounts on the same Bnet with different emails to make it easier?

Multibear brings up an idea, If you're worried you can call and have a customer support rep set it all up for you.

So can i have account A with the original Bnet email, and 4 accounts on the same Bnet with different emails to make it easier?
    Not entirely sure how that would make it easier to be honest, but yes, you can do that as well if you prefer. It doesn't matter what Battle.net accounts the WoW accounts are part of. As long as they're all WoW accounts that are not older than 30 days. Beyond that, they can only be used to send out invitations, but no longer accept them.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Multibear brings up an idea, If you're worried you can call and have a customer support rep set it all up for you.
    I'm not sure if they'll actually do this for you. I had a special situation where Blizzard made me a rather generous offer to help me out, and as a result, the game master in question was the one to set up my new accounts. After that, I had to manually link them up for the Recruit-A-Friend program in the way I described earlier.

That said though, you can indeed use something like Live Chat to talk to customer support about setting things up the way you'd like. I just don't know if they'd stick to giving advice or would actually be willing to set up your accounts for you.

Thanks for the help, having a rep set it all up for me would be nice so i dont have mess up but oh well
    I haven't purchased the accounts at the moment, I tried recovering my old account but since i am going to start multiboxing may as well start with fresh accounts.

The only reason i think it would be easier is because atm, since i havent purchased the game i don't know exactly how the UI looks like, and do not want to accidentally link the last account to the wrong one, so if i had different emails for each i could just invite them sequentially and differentiate them by name.

Anyone know the cheapest place to get WoW and WoD, as i understand it, the previous expansions have all been condensed into the standard WoW pack? (Love that, even though i hate paying for expansions...shame EVE hates multiboxing)