Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default New to Multiboxing thinking of Dk Priest team

I just got started dualboxing, had a lot of fun with 2 shaman but i wanted to see what it was like to do 4 instead of 2. I was thinking 1 priest and 3 dks, figure i could mai, the priest to heal and shield spam the dks.

Something crossed my mind though and i haven't seen a lot of info on starting a dk team. Do i have to do each dks starting area solo and then form my team afterward? How else could i get my dks out of there to level as a team?

The starting area all together is simple enough, the phasing issues are small.

You can group in the DK with other DKs starting area if that is the question, just not with the priest

I've done my DK's in groups of five, with no issues whatsoever that I can remember. There is a fair amount of phasing in the DK starting zone of course, but you're handing all those quests in simultaneously, so they'll pretty much move from phase to phase together. Only minor things I recall are quests like the one when you have to kill a dark rider to obtain your mount, that's something you'll have to do once for each character - but that's normal for any quest that will only count for one character at a time. Just create your three DK's, group them up and off you go.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiBear View Post
    Only minor things I recall are quests like the one when you have to kill a dark rider to obtain your mount, that's something you'll have to do once for each character - but that's normal for any quest that will only count for one character at a time. Just create your three DK's, group them up and off you go.
    I rolled a new team of 8 DKs a few days back and just finished the starter zone on them. That quest is not even the bad one. There's one collecting (ground pick-up) 12 or so arrows on each toon, and one where you autoattack mobs with the torture daggers equipped to gain information. That one can be a major pain due to the insanely random proc rate of the quest completion, and it not completing for the whole group when it does. Think I spent about an hour auto-attacking mobs to death before the last guy got the completion.

All in all, the zone isn't too bad though. Phasing happens, but as mentioned before, your toons should be synched quest-wise, so that is not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    That quest is not even the bad one. There's one collecting (ground pick-up) 12 or so arrows on each toon, and one where you autoattack mobs with the torture daggers equipped to gain information. That one can be a major pain due to the insanely random proc rate of the quest completion, and it not completing for the whole group when it does. Think I spent about an hour auto-attacking mobs to death before the last guy got the completion.
    Wasn't implying that was a bad one, was just an example of a quest that you do have to do one character at a time.

About the torture one though, I hope you weren't attacking those mobs with your entire team continually? Upon a killing blow with those pokers, they have a chance to confess. If you keep attacking them with characters that already obtained a confession, you'll end up having new confessions wasted on characters that already have one, thus lowering your chances for the remaining characters to obtain theirs. So as soon as a character has obtained his or hers, it's best to park them somewhere so they won't interfere.

It usually takes me up to 10 minutes for five characters, and it's hard to imagine that having three more charactes adds 50 more minutes to the process.

It was tough doing a team of death knights when I was trying them out. Its the 1 DK per server limitation. I had to go delete all my DKs on the server to create my new team.

But then again rumor has it you can have as many Death Knights on a server as you want, you just have to create them on other servers and transfer them for an extra $25 each.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415646336

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    But then again rumor has it you can have as many Death Knights on a server as you want, you just have to create them on other servers and transfer them for an extra $25 each.
    No need for that. You can just create them all on the realm you want. Those limitations were removed at some point during Mists of Pandaria.
    Last edited by MultiBear : 07-30-2015 at 07:25 PM

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    It was tough doing a team of death knights when I was trying them out. Its the 1 DK per server limitation. I had to go delete all my DKs on the server to create my new team.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiBear View Post
    No need for that. You can just create them all on the realm you want. Those limitations were removed at some point during Mists of Pandaria.
    Correct, the restriction was lifted over two years ago.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology