Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Setup help

Default Setup help

Hi

I'm trying to do a hunter/priest setup where I can mostly play the hunter and just heal from the priest without switching to that screen, but I've run into a few problems with the popular ways to achieve that. I tries to set it up with Clique and a Video FX box but because the resolution is so downsized for the smaller window it makes it almost impossible to read the names of people and the quality is just terrible. I turned off instant swapping to make it look better but then I couldn't even get it to work, not to mention that I wouldn't be able to broadcast properly so it's not really an option anyway. Is there any workaround for this? I have a 2560x1440 monitor and a 1920x1080 monitor but forcing 1440p on the smaller windows just makes it look really bad.

Thanks!

Try using a Stacked Full-Screen window layout with a VideoFX window for keeping an eye on the other window as a starting point. (You don't have to leave it full screen, you can resize the windows once you have the layout generated.)
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

MiRai has a good video on using VideoFX for window layouts here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Hntr1IE1Xgc

Thank you both for the replies.

After watching that video and messing around with stacked fullscreen I found something that works for me.

Disclaimer: I might be an idiot.

For about two months I have been 'boxing (somewhat clumsy) a team of four. One tank, two DPS and a healer. M'lady plays the fifth.

I have been using Repeater Regions for broadcasting to my healer-window - and that way heal through Clique/Healbot (I prefer Clique). To this day this has been my go-to setup, and have included keybindings for removing/showing the repeater-area in case it's in the way (quest-windows, etc). I actually highly prefer it over VideoFX as-of-now.

I am in no way an experienced multiboxer. As stated I started recently, but for me it works well.

I do not intend to hi-jack your thread, but since it's such an easy way to setup, I hope others will contribute/prove me wrong regarding Repeater Regions. Might be something for you to look into if you haven't already.

Good luck to you, sir.

I am a fan of the stacked full screen method others post about as well.

In your situation, you just create a dxNothing window to put on your second monitor, then put VideoFX windows of your healer there.