Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Unknown lag problem

I am trying to 5-box on a laptop.

i7 CPU 2.3 GHz I7-4712MQ
    8 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M
    Windows 8.1
    Hybrid hdd

CPU is at 15% when I run 5 wow, put energy mode to performance.
    RAM is using 80% for 5 wow, ~65% with 3 wow.
    Both of ssd and normal part of hdd is at 0%.

When I run around and stuff it works fine. (for some reason fps is stuck at 23 tho, I put limit at 30 fps and it never move above or below 23)
    But when I press any ability repeatedly I get massive lag. It is not noticeable if I press a ability once and let it use the spell, just when I press the button over and over again.
    So the lag isn't for graphical reasons (not for casting the spell or anything like that).

Trying to turn the camera while spamming buttons causes it to jump quickly to another position so it suddenly face sky or floor.
    Trying to run when spamming button made me turn into a direction I didnt want to and I could barely move forward.
    Attacking works fine when spamming button, it doesnt like freeze the game, just makes it really messy. Although it did queue up spells for a few seconds so if I spammed wrath and stopped to cast moonfire it kept casting another 1 or 2 wrath longer than I intended.

Also tried changing so I had only 3 wow running instead of 5 and it still lagged badly when I spammed buttons. Changed to 2 wow and it stopped lagging.

I don't think spamming IWT made it lag, just using macros.
    If I spammed a button like Wrath without having a target it also still lagged.
    Macros are normal FTL macros, idk if those can be related to the problem.

It doesn't seem to be related to CPU or RAM since it isn't using it all especially with 3 wow running and I really cant think it is related to GPU either.
    Any idea where the problem is?

Quote Originally Posted by xandorz View Post
    But when I press any ability repeatedly I get massive lag. It is not noticeable if I press a ability once and let it use the spell, just when I press the button over and over again.
    I seem to recall this being related to bad macros, possibly with some macro shenanigans thrown in for good measure. Backup your WTF folder and then wipe it and see if it still happens; if it does, change the key you're pressing repeatedly to just be a pure ability rather than a macro.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Seems the macro's are a big part of the problem.
    Changed it to just:
    /assist MainChar
    /cast Spell

It doesn't lag now if I use 1 button.

I tried making a melee team and I spam both ability+IWT on it, now it gets the same problem with simple macros.
    Feels like there is a limit on how many keys I can press in a certain time and if I go over that the lag start.

Quote Originally Posted by xandorz View Post
    Seems the macro's are a big part of the problem.
    Changed it to just:
    /assist MainChar
    /cast Spell

It doesn't lag now if I use 1 button.

I tried making a melee team and I spam both ability+IWT on it, now it gets the same problem with simple macros.
    Feels like there is a limit on how many keys I can press in a certain time and if I go over that the lag start.
    The usual workaround for that (in ISBoxer at least) is to run IWT on ButtonPress and the assist/ability on ButtonRelease. I'm not sure how to configure that in KeyClone but it ought to be in there somewhere.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)