Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Question How many characters/teams do you have?

Hello! I have been multiboxing since Cata. In MoP I ran a 5 box team. I am currently leveling another 5 team. I have 2 more teams that I also want to level up. That would make 4 teams of 5 (20 toons). I'm wondering if it's too much. I only raid on one toon so I do have time to level up teams and professions. I was wondering how many teams and toons you all had.

I usually level as many classes as I can on each account because you never know when one is going to be needed in a team somewhere, or if they're getting a buff in an upcoming patch that's going to make them the go-to class.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I have ten active accounts, I have thirty characters I would say are playable ... high ~675 ilevel.

But I have a lot of crap characters all over the game (60,70,80,85) where I either tried to join a server with friends or like minded people, that didnt work out or what not and abandoned.

With the cross realm / gear scale, I use a lot of those characters for attempts at mounts and for achievement runs. I have most of the RNG mounts available now, but the trash characters also loot cash that is hard to say no to. Some could just extend lockouts or just click on a portal.

Like many people I built a Herald of the Titans team for doing OpenRaid runs, I goofed with attempts at functional all rogue, all druid, all paladin, paladin + atonementx4 team, etc and then vanity all huntard, all warlock, all druid raid groups.

I find having a dual-role or tri-role character amazingly useful, especially the way a lot of gear stats work for offspec.

I can often login normally and get pinged to heal for some sort of raid, and people know I rarely and locked out of something on every character.

If you have a 'main' character, and the rest are just feeding it cash or something passively ... the way the game works right now its very hard to see that working out ... your 'main' can likely grind harder than any group can with that much neglect.

In the end its not clear to what ends you want to use your team, so its not easy to answer the question.

all i seem to do this xpac is level new chars, i get to end game and get board really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    all i seem to do this xpac is level new chars, i get to end game and get board really fast.
    Same here. I parked my accounts until the next interesting update comes along.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

During my latest Recruit-A-Friend levelling spree with five accounts I went for one of each class on Alliance (55), almost one of each class on Horde (45) and some additional Alliance characters for convenience (15). I also have some lowbies to handle my auctions and act as bankers for some extra storage, though those didn't require much levelling, obviously.

I like having a wide array of characters so I can mix and match teams as I please, and as MiRai mentioned, you never know what changes might suddenly make a certain class more fun or interesting and it's nice to have some already levelled up and (nearly) ready to go. As I tend to play more Alliance than Horde, I skipped out on a few classes on that side for the time being, but I might get suckered into more there depending on any race/class combos that might get announced with the next expansion.

And as HPAVC mentioned, having some extra teams can also make it easier to farm certain items. For example, the past few weeks I've been taking out Attumen in Karazhan between 5-15 times a week (depending on what I felt like), and the Fiery Warhorse that had eluded me for years is now finally part of my mount collection.

The 'convenience' characters are ones that won't really be used on teams much apart from levelling and a little gearing (if I do that at all). Instead, I park those at vendors with limited availability items and locations of rare spawns whenever I want to camp something or simply be able to check on those regularly. It saves me from having to hearthstone characters again when I want to use them in a team. Ergo: convenience.
    Last edited by MultiBear : 07-29-2015 at 09:00 PM

I went "raf crazy" a couple of years back and levelled 5 of every class to 80. (10 on Druids and Mages)
    However now I only run a mixed team of DK, Priest & 3x Warlocks @ 100.
    Also a team of 5x Hunters (just hit 80).
    I have a 6th account with a lvl 100 Paladin & Mage @ 88

RAF stuff can be addictive.

I got 10 toons of each class, summing up to 110 toons in total.

Half of them are lvl 100, and the rest in range lvl 91-93, and these I'm going to level up slow and easy.
    Once I get them to the max, my plan is to try out some current raids, but I need to make my ISBoxer config perfect before that.

Meanwhile, 110 Garrisons keep the gold flow positive and subs active. Just purchased 20 Tokens yesterday, extending each account gametime by 2 more months, so currently the subs are expiring April 2016