Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 38

Default How to afford wow tokens every month?

I am thinking about getting 3 accounts active again and pay for subscription with gold.

Anyone got ideas of how to afford it without too much effort?
    EU token is 48k gold.
    I have 450k gold but not really getting any gold so if i use the gold it will run out fast, just got back to wow.

I think follower missions is the best way now but takes a long time to set up. Almost 6 months just to recruit the followers on each character.
    I don't think the diminishing return affect other accounts on the same battlenet account but not sure, and I don't think it affects other realms so the amount of gold that could be gained from follower missions is probably REALLY big, way more than the subscription cost.
    But would suck setting it up over like 6 months time and then have it nerfed or gold rewards removed (maybe in next expansion).

Some minor things that give gold:
    Guilds on each team, 750g for 3 dungeons. If I would level many teams at the same time (11? 1 of each class on each acc) it could give 33k a month.
    Could jump between guilds to not have a limit on rewards for guild dungeon (would have to activate a 4th account for a month and have it be guild master in every guild, veteran accounts can use guild invite), would require 192 dungeons to cover each token cost, way too many to do monthly but awesome bonus while lvling.
    Think kazzak kills are worth ~1k gold on each character from felblight. But losing value and requires lvl 100. If done on 11 chars every week it would be about same value as a token.

Cant come up with anything that doesnt work cross-server, so would probably be best to make each character on its own realm, to not increase diminishing return on follower missions.

Not sure about things like professions (I remember when stuff like alchemy was really useful, press 1 button on each char for a nice sum of gold daily).

I have 7 lvl 100 on my main account, and setup the garrison exactly the same for each:
    - the building that allows you to recruit a follower each week
    - the building that allows you 25 followers
    - the building where you can turn in resources for equipment
    - the building where you can turn in resources for mats
    - enchanting building

First I made sure that I have a steady income of resources by recruiting scavengers. Once I had 3-4 of those I started recruiting the guys who double up the gold. Levelling the followers goes pretty fast, and you can also find followers all over the map. Takes a few hours and you get like 20 of them to start with.

I turn in all xp for dust, dust I use to make the epic dust in the enchanting building.
    I pretty much do only gold missions and xp missions.

I make around 15k a day easy in my garrison, without selling the mats from the enchanting building. And that is from about 1.5 rounds of missions on average per day (5-10 minutes tops). On 1 account.

The only hard part is levelling the followers, meaning that you ll spend more time in the beginning doing missions to level them up.

Not sure where you getting those 6 months from, but that is far from true. Your 450k will last you quite a bit till your garrison is self-sufficient.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

With the 6 months I meant that it takes 1 week for each recruit, but I guess only maybe 10 followers with correct traits are needed for a decent chance of getting good gold / garrison resources from missions.

So maybe 2 months until I start seeing decent numbers from garrison and 6 months to get all the followers with right traits.

I made 1.5 mill gold in the first 2.5 weeks of 6.2 selling the rep tokens in Tannan Jungle, that was killing the 4 rares 3 times a day on 15 toons.

I would have to say that was the best gold ive made in wow since i started playing in 2007.

Blog Entries

Syferr makes a good point.

The best way to make gold is to play a LOT in the first two weeks of a patch and be willing to sell everything you get.

I also, personally, don't multibox all of the time. I just activated all five boxes two days ago, and I think this is the third month I've done this year. I only pay for the extra boxes when I'm sure I have the time and attention for it.

I make pretty good, very passive gold from Barns. I have 20 in total, spread over 4 teams. Each team makes about 16-18k every 3 or so days depending on competition and takes about 40 min of work per team each week to trap the needed mobs. So a roughly 128-144k gold each week with about 2h 40 min of work.

I'm quite lazy with it and could definitely be making lots more with the rush orders available from garrison resources, but this is keeping my subs going comfortably, and beyond that, I really have no use for gold anyways. Sure, I should stock up while I can, but with limited play time, I usually can not be bothered to spend my time farming.

Oh, and there's always Cata raids. If you run them on 25HC, the bosses drop 125g per toon in the raid + loot items. With a 5 box, clearing all of them will equal to about 21k each week.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 07-27-2015 at 02:11 PM

Quote Originally Posted by xandorz View Post
    I am thinking about getting 3 accounts active again and pay for subscription with gold.
    Not to rain on your parade, but I just wanted to make sure you're aware of what I posted in this thread. Given current limitations, over a two year period with three accounts, you'd only be able to pay for half of your subscription with gold.

Any tips for farming those rares in Tannan?

Quote Originally Posted by Truelle View Post
    Any tips for farming those rares in Tannan?
    Im on Oceanic so i need to sit there and wait at a FP till one spawns, but ive heard on the US realms that the group finder has quite a few groups on there for faster killing. The 4 rares seem to have a 1 hr ish spawn timer on each phase, the best place to sit is the FP north of where Veng spawns, its the closest FP to all 4 rares then once one yells in general take FP to closest point.

Barns seem good, especially since it can be done right away, doesnt need recruiting and lvling followers.
    Maybe barns might lose some value soon now that conquest weapons are just about to be available for everyone and people are getting more and more geared up.

I started a 5man team across 2 bnet accounts (i dont really mind if I can only play 50% of the time, I usually dont have my subscription active that much anyway).
    I have some performance issue tho.
    It works fine except for when I spam a button, if I do stuff like spamming a button and move camera it jumps all over the place.
    It is specifically the button spamming that is the problem. (if i run around or if I use ability once and then move camera while it is casting it works fine)
    Not sure if it is keyclone sending all the keys or if it is the macro spam that is making me lag, but something like that.

Tried it on my laptop.
    dont think it is related to cpu, got a i7 and it use up 10-15% cpu only with power saving mode turned off.
    It has 8 GB ram and using 80%, not sure if it needs more ram. could buy 8 GB more but idk if it does any difference.
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M
    Windows 8.1

Know where the performance problem is?

Just tried RFC, so much lag, can barely move when using abilities. Not lagging when I dont use abilities. With this I cant multibox.
    Tried closing windows and see if it still happened. With 2 wow it works fine but with 3 or more it is just as bad as with 5 wow.
    Idk what the problem is, with 20% free ram with 5 wow or ~40% free with 3 wow up, I cant see that it can be ram that is the problem. Shouldnt be CPU since it is at 15%, unless it is somehow hindered from using more that I dont know about. Doesnt feel like a graphical problem either, so shouldnt be gpu.
    Probably related to it being a laptop, never had this problem on desktop.
    Last edited by xandorz : 07-28-2015 at 04:31 AM