Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Default Blizzard clarifies current WoW Token limitations

Blizzard just posted the following about the current limitations on WoW gametime tokens:

• A maximum of 10 Tokens per week may be purchased for real money from the in-game Shop, to be sold on the Auction House for gold.
    • A maximum of 36 Tokens every 24 months may be purchased for gold via the Auction House, to be used for game time.
    • Players may only have one type of Token in their inventory at one time. If any character on a Battle.net account is currently holding a Token purchased from the in-game Shop, that player will not be able to purchase a Token from the Auction House. Likewise, if any character is holding a Token purchased from the Auction House, that player will not be able to purchase a Token from the in-game Shop.
    • Players may hold a maximum of 10 Tokens in their inventory at one time. This limit is shared across all characters on the Battle.net account.

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/198...ails-7-23-2015

With a limitation of 36 tokens per 24 months for a Battle.net account, it seems the WoW token isn't the blessing for some of us multiboxers that we thought it was. I'll certainly be keeping my fingers crossed for them to ease up on these limitations sooner rather than later.

Interesting. I'm subbed through August via tokens on 15 accounts across two Bnets and I've used it since launch day. I'll have to see what happens when I try and do the next round.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

As someone with two Bnets (8+2) this is indeed terrifying news.
    All I can think of, that now I need 8 more Bnets, and somehow manage to transfer the game accounts to separate Bnet accounts.. if that's even possible..

Quote Originally Posted by runtu View Post
    All I can think of, that now I need 8 more Bnets, and somehow manage to transfer the game accounts to separate Bnet accounts.. if that's even possible..
    As far as I know, it's technically possible. I think I remember MiRai mentioning moving WoW accounts to a different Battle.net account (that's also in your name, of course) in another thread somewhere. I've also attempted to do this, though when I explained to a game master what I was trying to achieve (off-load some accounts so i could replace them with new Recruit-A-Friend accounts while keeping one license intact), they offered me a much better solution, so I never actually got them to do that.

There are some things to consider if you'd do this, of course. It means your toy collection, heirloom collection, mount collection and battlepet collection are no longer shared between all those WoW accounts, and for any of those you'd like to have across the board, you'd have to purchase or farm them for each Battle.net account. It would no longer be possible to mail Battle.net Account Bound items such as certain reputation tokens to characters residing on other WoW accounts either. And last but not least, your achievements wouldn't be shared any more, so you may end up having to unlock certain things for each account, rather than doing it on a single character and having everyone benefit from it (e.g. Dreanor Pathfinder, unlocking level 3 garrison buildings, things like that).

For me personally, those are considerable drawbacks, so for now I'll just bide my time and see if/when they might loosen up the restrictions. But I'm glad I decided against activating additional accounts on the premise that I'd be able to pay for them with gold.
    Last edited by MultiBear : 07-23-2015 at 06:08 PM

You can still gift game time in the WoW store, so there is a work around. It would require you making a deal with players in game instead of through the safety of the AH.

Sorry everyone that doesn't sound fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    Interesting. I'm subbed through August via tokens on 15 accounts across two Bnets and I've used it since launch day. I'll have to see what happens when I try and do the next round.
    It will end up saying something like 'You have too many of those items in your inventory'.
    This is in-place to stop people from buying a stupid amount of game-time quickly (and cheaply, like when the tokens were 15k) - I assume anyway.
    Bugger. I wonder if this is something you could petition a GM to reset? >_>

If I make new Battle.net account and buy $5 Vanilla on it, can I buy 10 gift tokens using that account, and then spread those gifts between my real 10 accounts?

Ah nvm. I thought there was a thing called gift a token, but I mixed up it with gift game time..
    Last edited by beeq : 07-25-2015 at 04:29 PM

You should be able to move your game accounts around battle.net accounts via the support options in Bnet. I've done it before, and it was never an issue then. Of course, this was a few years ago; I'm not sure if anything has changed in that regard.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Blog Entries

Hmm. Good thing I only have my slave accounts active about once every three months.

Quote Originally Posted by runtu View Post
    As someone with two Bnets (8+2) this is indeed terrifying news.
    possibly but you would loose your mounts , etc when they leave the bnet to the virgin bnet.