Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default RAF level granting

I have a question about how RAF level granting works. If I level a pair of characters to 90, they each have 45 levels to grant. Lets say I grant 45 levels from account A to account B. Would that character on Account B have 22.5 (ie. 22) levels to grant back to account A? Does this continue to chain down? Account A would then have 11, etc?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jalerian View Post
    I have a question about how RAF level granting works. If I level a pair of characters to 90, they each have 45 levels to grant. Lets say I grant 45 levels from account A to account B. Would that character on Account B have 22.5 (ie. 22) levels to grant back to account A? Does this continue to chain down? Account A would then have 11, etc?

Thanks!
    Yes, but you round down. So, 22, 11, 5, etc.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

If you only have two accounts only one of them will be able to grant levels. Unless of course this has changed but you could only grant levels from the recruited account to the recruiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranny817 View Post
    If you only have two accounts only one of them will be able to grant levels. Unless of course this has changed but you could only grant levels from the recruited account to the recruiter.
    Correct. However, existing accounts can still be used for the Recruit-A-Friend program for up to 30 days after creation. As such, it's possible to set up a closed loop, where every new account is linked to another new account - effectively making every account both a recruited one, as well as a recruiter.

As for granting levels, Mirai is indeed right about how this works. Depending on your own preferences, you can pick and choose how you want to spend those levels though - for example, manually levelling each team halfway (as the lower levels go by faster), and then bumping them to 90 with granted levels. I've recently done some things like that to suit my needs as described here. Although that makes mention of level 85 being the limit (as I did my levelling spree shortly before it got silently bumped to 90), you can apply the same principles.
    Last edited by MultiBear : 07-11-2015 at 09:50 AM

Quote Originally Posted by MultiBear View Post
    Correct. However, existing accounts can still be used for the Recruit-A-Friend program for up to 30 days after creation. As such, it's possible to set up a closed loop, where every new account is linked to another new account - effectively making every account both a recruited one, as well as a recruiter.
    People reported this in the beginning of the new RaF system revamp, but I know someone that recently tried to create the 'closed loop' recruitment and was unsuccessful, and upon contacting Blizzard for assistance they said it was not possible. So, I'm going to assume that it was unintended behavior from the beginning and just something that was overlooked when they revamped the system. Unless the person who recently tried it was doing it wrong. /shrug

EDIT: It seems the person I'm referring to did link their accounts incorrectly, so a full circle may still be possible.
    Last edited by MiRai : 07-12-2015 at 11:06 AM
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology