Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 19 of 19

Quote Originally Posted by Bollwerk View Post
    I've watched the series of 5 videos by MiRai about the Pro system, but I still have no idea how to setup a priority rotation in ISBoxer.
    Can someone point me to a tutorial?

I also run a Prot Pally, Arc Mage, 3 Ele Shamans
    Here is the mage portion of what I'm using. The dps on this is terrible so it is not an example of a good priority rotation. But applying the same principle on my hunter gives good results.

The macros are all very simple. For Arcane Blast I'm using
    Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /cast Arcane Blast
    So take a look for an idea of one way to structure a rotation and feel free to ask questions. And let me know if you have any suggestions on how to improve the rotation.

http://imgur.com/oTqwItZ

I've watched the series of 5 videos by MiRai about the Pro system, but I still have no idea how to setup a priority rotation in ISBoxer.
    With regards to macros that let you just press one button, "priority" and "rotation" are largely mutually exclusive. What the multi-step ISBoxer rotations allow you to do is simulate the old fall-through macros. Have you reviewed the WoD Macro thread? There are some good examples of multi-step macros in there that should be somewhat self-explanatory.

[edit] A good (if somewhat outdated) example of a hunter all-in-one multi-step macro.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I have looked at the WoD Macro thread, but I am not quite sure how to setup something like this:

Step 1: 0,1,9
    Step 2: 1,2,4
    Step 3: 1,3,4

But perhaps I just need to spend some time figuring it out on my own.

Does this mean that the first time I press the assigned key, it tries to do "0","1" and "9" all at the same time?
    Then the next time I press the assigned key, it tries to do "1", "2" and "4" all at the same time?

I have looked at the WoD Macro thread, but I am not quite sure how to setup something like this:

Step 1: 0,1,9
    Step 2: 1,2,4
    Step 3: 1,3,4

But perhaps I just need to spend some time figuring it out on my own.

Does this mean that the first time I press the assigned key, it tries to do "0","1" and "9" all at the same time?
    Then the next time I press the assigned key, it tries to do "1", "2" and "4" all at the same time?
    Generally, yes. You can also set the options for "Do not advance to the next step for X seconds" if you want to make sure a step has enough time to fire a particular ability. This is what I do in the monk setup I link below. Adding those "do not advance" delays to steps also gives you the ability to "weight" certain steps as more likely to trigger than others, which is useful for classes like BM hunters that have a lot of insta-cast stuff in the rotations.

Possibly relevant to your groking this:

My 5-monk setup with sorta-priority/timing based multi-step (stale but still conceptually valid):
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...l=1#post393827
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...l=1#post394584

Also see this post (and links in there) for the DK Manifesto related stuff, which is a priority-based system (again, stale but useful for understanding the concepts):
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...931#post367931

Unfortunately, the concepts aren't a one-size-fits-all. It is entirely dependent on class and spell timings. A web search for isboxer multi-step priority rotation yielded a few links I hadn't seen before, and maybe @Mirai can chime in with which of his (or someone else's) videos covers this.
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 08-05-2015 at 06:48 PM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty happy with my Prot Pally and Arcane Mage setups now, but my Elemental Shaman DPS is horrible.
    All mentions of this class/spec here seem to indicate no one has been able to figure out a good setup to maximize their DPS.

I'm pretty happy with my Prot Pally and Arcane Mage setups now
    Can you post your Mage setup?

Quote Originally Posted by sync00 View Post
    Can you post your Mage setup?
    I use this macro for Arcane, using GnomeSequencer:
    PreMacro = [[
    /assist party1
    ]],
    '/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=combat/5 Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Barrage',
    '/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.9 Supernova',
    '/castsequence reset=0.9 !Arcane Missiles',
    '/cast [combat,nochanneling]Presence of Mind',
    '/cast [combat,nochanneling]Arcane Power',
    PostMacro = [[
    /use [combat]13
    /use [combat]14
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    ]]

I use this macro for Arcane, using GnomeSequencer:
    PreMacro = [[
    /assist party1
    ]],
    '/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=combat/5 Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Barrage',
    '/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.9 Supernova',
    '/castsequence reset=0.9 !Arcane Missiles',
    '/cast [combat,nochanneling]Presence of Mind',
    '/cast [combat,nochanneling]Arcane Power',
    PostMacro = [[
    /use [combat]13
    /use [combat]14
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    ]]
    It seems like you are giving up a lot of damage by casting Arcane Missiles after Arcane Barrage.

Possible. I haven't tested other variations. This was just a copy/paste from the Wowlazymacros forum.