Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default 12x or better xp on story missions.

After watching the E3 cinematic for the upcoming TOR expansion, I got excited again. I never bothered to unsub my main account but right now, and possibly going forward forever: you get 12x or better xp on storyline quests. This lets you just play those missions and get more than enough xp to outlevel the content. Rewards for these quests are also increased considerably so you can buy all the gear and mods from the vendors as you go and still have plenty left over.

It took me about 40 minutes to go through the Jedi noob world doing only the class quests. I ended up level 14 with over 25 of the gear tokens. Prices for the gear have also been reduced so you just mow down everything in your path with max gear and mods.

I've said it on several TOR threads that this game is the best mmo single player game I have played. The newer stuff like Hut Cartel and Reven didn't do anything for me so I am happy to see them go back to the story mode type content.

Sith Juggernaut is my main choosing light side story options. The evil the sith can do as light side is insane compared to the dull (kill) option the dark side always gives.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_Jones View Post
    Sith Juggernaut is my main choosing light side story options. The evil the sith can do as light side is insane compared to the dull (kill) option the dark side always gives.
    You can play light side quests as the dark side?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

You can't play republic quests as empire. But you can pick light side or dark side choices to quests at anytime. Most of the choices are pretty null in the overall outcome, but consistently picking light or dark does make the NPC's react to you differently.

Playing a light side sith, I found to be very entertaining. The reactions of the republic were total confusion and in many situations put the jedi you were up against in total conflict with their Jedi faith. Often times this left them in far worse situations than anything the dark side quest options gave you.

Currently I am trying to play a dark-side jedi guardian, but there seems to be too few options for dark side choices. It's inconsistent compared to the other storyline I completed. One moment you are grinding the empire under your boot and the next it's all rainbows and feels. However, I have a suspicion that it only seems this way because I am taking advantage of the 12x exp boost and only doing the main story line quests and ignoring everything else.

Has it gone free to play yet? If it does, I'm coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    Has it gone free to play yet? If it does, I'm coming back.
    Yep, it has been free to play for a while now but if you want the Story Line extra exp you will need to subscribe. Free to Play is fine if you just want to test it out.

I got the email about the super exp and playing just the story lines. This really appealed to me so I subbed for a month to check it out. I forgot what a chore SWTOR is to set up but having just played through KOTOR on my android tablet I was inspired!
    Intel 3930k | Asus P9X79 LE | 16GB Ram | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti | 240gb SSD | 2x1TB Raid 0 | AMH A399U 40" 4K Monitor | Logitech G19| Zboard Fang Gamepad | Logitech G602 |

SWToR - 2 box - Shadow and Sage - Shelved when Australian servers moved to the US.
    Everquest 2 - 4 box - Bruiser, Swashbuckler, Dirge and Warden - on sabbatical.
    Diablo 3 - 3 box - Barbarian, Monk and Crusader - got bored.
    Wildstar - 2 box - Stalker+Medic and Engineer+Spellslinger - punched out after the first month.

I went to sign up, and it asked me for a subscription.. I had to go so I haven't investigated the alternative yet..

It's free to play, but it's pretty restrictive on stuff. Limited inventory, limited hot bars, limited number of times you can do things. Low limits on gold.

If you haven't played the 8 storylines yet, this is a really good way to see all of the content w/o having to repeat all the non storyline quests in order to level.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    I went to sign up, and it asked me for a subscription.. I had to go so I haven't investigated the alternative yet..
    That's just typical sales tactics. If you open up the launcher and sign in, you'll see that you can play without a sub.

Today, July 31, is the last day to have an active sub and be eligible to receive early expansion rewards.
    http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/rewards

I am having a damn good time leveling toons atm! Being able to just do the story is awesome! I am two boxing and loving it! I had both my accounts subbed before the 31st so i can get all the goodies in the expansion! Although Im not sure ill use the companion you get for anything other than crew missions (crafting), due to Treek being so bad ass!

NOTE: the companion offer is extended until tomorrow ( aug 10th )
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )