Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 27

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    If you can afford the 5960X, then get the 5960X.
    Yessir.

Using three of those GPUs in SLI is going to run terribly hot since they don't pull the hot air out of your system, and they just dump it out onto the next GPU over.
    Oh, I forgot to mention (even in my first post) that I watercool my computers and since (as you mentioned) they have no AIO loop, I do my own custom setup. Was heat the only issue?

I don't know of any motherboard that has ever required water cooling to overclock the CPU. Water cooling is also unnecessary in order to overclock a CPU unless you're pumping a bunch of voltage into the chip, which then causes a lot of heat that needs to be dispersed.
    Hrm, I am going way back to my Q6600 days (2007? jesus) and I had to cool the motherboard (northbridge specifically) as it got quite toasty and would crap out on me. I shall spend more time with my bff google and see if its even a factor these days. I do plan on a rather 'aggressive' overclock.

Most X99 motherboards are going to support everything you want, so pick one that has pretty colors and matches your build.
    Even easier for me then. Thank you

No, but a shitty modem/router can cause issues with lag and disconnects. However, I only know of people having issues with D3 and not WoW, but anything is possible.
    I had issues with D3 D; oh dear.

Thanks again.

p.s I didn't bother with a case, I have decided to try my hand at building a table to house my computer :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kayley View Post
    Yessir. Oh, I forgot to mention (even in my first post) that I watercool my computers and since (as you mentioned) they have no AIO loop, I do my own custom setup. Was heat the only issue?
    Yes, heat was the only issue.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Thanks. =]

Hi!

Prototype
    is almost done, took all the tubing out as i'm about to finish cutting etc. I've been working too much! Have only just started assembling a week ago (tested all the parts as soon as they came in though). All being constructed at a friends warehouse.

Monitor x3, GPU x3, Larger SSD's for the 'game storage' and the m.2 SSD that was recommended are the only changes made I think.
    End result will look nicer, wood will be painted black, LED's in place, glass on top etc.

Let's hope I can get more time off work to finish it T___Tit has been 3? months already. Le sigh.
    Last edited by Svpernova09 : 02-13-2016 at 05:14 PM

Blog Entries

I had a Killer NIC, and didn't really notice any gains over a regular card.
    On my next build, going back to an onboard NIC, there were no losses.

I'm not sure if they've improved since I had mine, but that was my experience.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Windows 7 or Windows 10? :O

Win 10 for sure. Works fine for boxing and you want the latest Windows for your other PC needs. Win 10 will probably be around a while too.

I'd say 10, but if you rely on software that doesn't work well on 10, then you can obviously hold off for now.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I'd say 10, but if you rely on software that doesn't work well on 10, then you can obviously hold off for now.
    What he said.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Thanks

Went with windows 10, everything is up and running now. This system is stupidly fast.
    A BIG thank you to everyone involved who suggested part-swaps for the better

Kind regards,
    Kayley.

I admire your builder/building.
    I've been boxing up my setup (in wood too) in something similar, and I noticed your graphics card are facing into a cooling unit... How are you intending to run the cables?

I've moved from 3x 2560x1440 to a 4k + 2560x1440 myself. Approximately the same number of pixels, but boy it makes the options and the view great.