Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Tera Boxing Movement

I can't seem to get movement broadcasting to work. If it's follow based, then what the fuck is the point of boxing?

There's only one person who's qualified to answer this question. He was playing Tera when you had to be in Korea to access it.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MiRaiPr...rch?query=TERA
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

I played Tera in Korea. You can't follow, and there is no interact, since there is no targeting...you just hit things in range.

I even had my wife (Korean) look over all the game settings, and even consult gaming friends, who confirmed, in the KR version there was no follow to be found. It may have changed in the US version, not sure.

Tera may be useless to box. I haven't tried the US version, but in the KR version, it seemed really silly

On that note, Tera is also one of the most beautiful MMO games on Earth to play, as should be expected from Korean developers.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZJay View Post
    I can't seem to get movement broadcasting to work. If it's follow based, then what the fuck is the point of boxing?
    You leave out the most important piece of information, and that's what software you're using. However, you're in luck. The answer to your problem is that you can't use broadcasting to move your characters to keep them in sync—This is true for all games which take place in a 3D world.

I'll also answer your question with my own question: If you could sync your characters perfectly, what would you do if they ever got split up? How could you possibly re-sync them at that point?

So, do you see why follow is pretty much a requirement for multiboxing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kicksome View Post
    There's only one person who's qualified to answer this question. He was playing Tera when you had to be in Korea to access it.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MiRaiPr...rch?query=TERA
    I'm certainly no authority when it comes to attempting to multibox TERA. The only thing I check for people is that TERA is still able to be launched by Inner Space.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    I played Tera in Korea. You can't follow, and there is no interact, since there is no targeting...you just hit things in range.

I even had my wife (Korean) look over all the game settings, and even consult gaming friends, who confirmed, in the KR version there was no follow to be found. It may have changed in the US version, not sure.
    Typing /follow CharacterName will allow you to follow someone else, at least in the US version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    Tera may be useless to box. I haven't tried the US version, but in the KR version, it seemed really silly
    I agree, it's probably a bit pointless to multibox, and while it has been some time since I last played the game for more than a few minutes, I could see the usefulness of having a healing class follow around a DPS class so that there would be little to no downtime.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Fair enough, in which case then I will set up hotkeys for switching windows to my pocket healers thus enabling me to use all of my g-keys and pocket heal with excellent accuracy. I'll use follow as well. It sucks though, I'd like to get movement working in some other way but I guess that's not going to happen.

I guess you can't get them in perfect sync since there is bodyblocking, but if I want to utilize the fullest extent of the characters I box, what should I be looking to accomplish if I cannot dps accordingly with them?