Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 27

That's interesting about RAF going to 90. Did you link your accounts after or before 6.2? I have an active link but haven't done anything post 85 since 6.2 dropped.

EDIT: just tested summon friend on the older linkages and an 85 could summon another 85 which would normally be disabled so this seems to confirm it works to 90.
    Also at OP:

Boosting in dungeons is best but it it is much better and depends on how fast you can move through them. My last batch of 4 took a bit over 6 /played (not super rushed and some time idle) They put most of the XP in dungeon "quests" that repeat, ie a big hit of XP at the end after you kill bosses (plus some big hits for "bonus objectives, particularly numerous in Stratholme). Toons don't have to be super close to kills but they can't always be left at entrance to get credit.

It is worth noting that now if you train ONLY the basic level of riding (the 4 gold one or whatever) when you hit 71 you get everything through basic flying (not Azeroth, Northrend, Pandaria licenses) for no cost.

My alliance path, to give you an idea

get to 11
    Shadowfang x 2 with quests on second pass gets you to 23 (warning: you can ENTER Shadowfang at 11, the summon stone there doesn't work on 11s so you have to take one toon up, friend summon the other with your booster or park a lock alt there, afaik this is the only place you hit that issue)
    Scarlet Halls x 2 with quest on second pass gets you to roughly 30
    Scarlet Monastery x 1 with quests will get you to 33
    Scholmance x 1 (no quests) will get you to 37
    Stratholme Main gate x4 turning in quests on last run will get you to 53
    Stratholme Service Ent x 3 will get you to 57 (turn in quest on final run if it will get you there) (caution it will often BARELY get you 57, so make sure you clear everything)
    Hellfire Ramparts x 2 with quests on pass 2 get you to 59
    Blood furnace x 2 with quests on pass 2 gets you to 65
    Setthek Halls x 4 will take you to 70 (you can throw in Mana Tombs once with quests for variety if you like) (other two at Auch don't loop on themselves)
    Azol Nerub x 1 with quests at 70
    Old Kingdom x 4 with quests (2nd or 3rd run) will get you 75
    Halls of Lightning x 3-4 will get you to 80
    Blackrock Caverns x 1 with quests will typically get you 82
    Stonecore to 85 (2.5 to 3.5 passes)

This pathway is set up to minimize moving around - it's not always the optimal dungeon at any given time but for me moving takes more time than running through a dungeon.

85 to 90 either stormstout (leave new toons at door, summon PLer out with them after over) or Jade Serpent as the final hits are actually good without RAF XP and I'm sure insane nice with.
    Last edited by hyphnos : 06-30-2015 at 01:30 AM

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    My last batch of 4 took a bit over 6 /played (not super rushed and some time idle)
    I'm trying to figure out what the '6' refers to. 6 hours would be way too short but 6 days seems rather long.

Quote Originally Posted by sync00 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what the '6' refers to. 6 hours would be way too short but 6 days seems rather long.
    6 hrs 12 min!!

This is with 85-90 mage as booster with blink x 2 charge glyph and the mage talent speed boost. Flying 2 seater, full heirloom (55% now). Largely this works because you put the 2 or 4 paired toons on follow one the strongest one, have that one follow the booster taking them off in bad spots and keeping them in range.

It easily cut the time in half to make 85s from the last time I did RAF, that was running 10-12 hrs if i remember right.

For instance in Stratholme, there are 7-8 "bonus objectives" (kill Hearthsinger, Kill postman, Kill unforgiven etc that pay out 25k XP in full heirloom) up til around 50/51. The final objecive pays out about 105k. And these dungeon bonuses were actually NERFED from when they were put in.
    Last edited by hyphnos : 06-30-2015 at 01:32 AM

I was hoping there might be a way now to have the boostees follow at a certain distance. Moving them separately is tedious.

I did some more searching and came across someone saying they leave boostees at the entrance. He skips the trash and just goes for bosses and dungeon completion bonus.
    I partly posted this earlier. I put one of the boostees directly on follow on booster, then the other 3 on follow on that one so that at worst you have one toon dead if you get pounced. That being said if you have full heirlooms, your toons will rarely be in danger of dying once you are familiar with the sequence of dungeons i listed and where the bad spots are. In those places take the one front toon off follow, run up do your thing then run that front guy up with the others in tow and take off again.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any issues, the tricks are pretty easy to learn but am happy to share if you have a problem area.

6 hrs 12 min!!

... easily cut the time in half to make 85s from the last time I did RAF, that was running 10-12 hrs if i remember right.
    Wow!!!

Is that speed improvement all from mage blinking, etc or is it also because the bonus objectives did not exist before?

Wow!!!

Is that speed improvement all from mage blinking, etc or is it also because the bonus objectives did not exist before?
    The dungeon objectives make a massive difference, as does the fact that heirlooms can now be used all the way up to level 100. Before patch 6.1, their maximum level was 85, so for the 85-90 range you had to do without.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiBear View Post
    The dungeon objectives make a massive difference
    I couldn't tell if the dungeon objectives were available back when he leveled the previous team that took twice as long.

I couldn't tell if the dungeon objectives were available back when he leveled the previous team that took twice as long.
    No, they weren't. They make a huge difference. For example a current LK level runs about 450k - the dungeon bonus hits with RAF and 55% heirloom run in the 220 to 240k range at the end of each dungeon.Levels scale more nicely now I think mists levels are all in the 500s and the dungeon bonus untripled is 85 to 90 for stormstout if i remember correctly.As far as the speed goes it comes from 2 places. In the past the 3x dungeon quest XP made it necessary to change dungeons more often because of the high value of dungeon quests. Moving around is a big chunk of the 6 hr levelling time and the moving around is drastically reduced because you can repeat the dungeon bonus objectives and stay in one place longer. Stratholme main gate for instance, I stay a bit past the point where XP and bonus objectives start to degrade (around 50/51) but there are just so many objectives it makes it worth it since you can get to BC not leaving Stratholme. If you go to Sunken Temple or Blackrock it just takes time to get there etc and you gain so little it's not worth the time (i did try variations using Sunken and lower blackrock). Lower blackrock is a major timesuck because the objective requires running the entire dungeon and there are way fewer bonus objectives than Stratholme.I prefer a 90 mage because of 2x blink and speed boosts to move through. I also found that a well geared 90 (with some 522 gear, some timeless, garrosh heirloom weapon, can basically arcane explosion everything running about as fast as they can move all the way til you get to stonecore, then you have to be more careful unless they are really well geared/elixired). I think a monk would do about as well but no portals so mage booster is my go to. Be sure to use the arcane explosion glyph that makes the radius bigger. When there is a hunter in the group with a 90 mage, you can leave pack on and rarely get stunned so you can go even faster when dragging your alts with you until Cata dungeons. I was super happy to discover the aspect of the pack trick and how fast you can run through halls of lightning in particular with it on once the mage has sufficient gear and you get the timing down to run up to mobs and explosion them down before they hit you.Anyway I'll stop rambling now, hope some of that helps folks out.

Every time an expansion comes out they reduce the amount of experience needed to reach the previous expansions level.

I remember when it took 12 hours /played time to do 1-80

That's interesting about RAF going to 90. Did you link your accounts after or before 6.2? I have an active link but haven't done anything post 85 since 6.2 dropped.

EDIT: just tested summon friend on the older linkages and an 85 could summon another 85 which would normally be disabled so this seems to confirm it works to 90.
    Also at OP:

Boosting in dungeons is best but it it is much better and depends on how fast you can move through them. My last batch of 4 took a bit over 6 /played (not super rushed and some time idle) They put most of the XP in dungeon "quests" that repeat, ie a big hit of XP at the end after you kill bosses (plus some big hits for "bonus objectives, particularly numerous in Stratholme). Toons don't have to be super close to kills but they can't always be left at entrance to get credit.

It is worth noting that now if you train ONLY the basic level of riding (the 4 gold one or whatever) when you hit 71 you get everything through basic flying (not Azeroth, Northrend, Pandaria licenses) for no cost.

My alliance path, to give you an idea

get to 11
    Shadowfang x 2 with quests on second pass gets you to 23 (warning: you can ENTER Shadowfang at 11, the summon stone there doesn't work on 11s so you have to take one toon up, friend summon the other with your booster or park a lock alt there, afaik this is the only place you hit that issue)
    Scarlet Halls x 2 with quest on second pass gets you to roughly 30
    Scarlet Monastery x 1 with quests will get you to 33
    Scholmance x 1 (no quests) will get you to 37
    Stratholme Main gate x4 turning in quests on last run will get you to 53
    Stratholme Service Ent x 3 will get you to 57 (turn in quest on final run if it will get you there) (caution it will often BARELY get you 57, so make sure you clear everything)
    Hellfire Ramparts x 2 with quests on pass 2 get you to 59
    Blood furnace x 2 with quests on pass 2 gets you to 65
    Setthek Halls x 4 will take you to 70 (you can throw in Mana Tombs once with quests for variety if you like) (other two at Auch don't loop on themselves)
    Azol Nerub x 1 with quests at 70
    Old Kingdom x 4 with quests (2nd or 3rd run) will get you 75
    Halls of Lightning x 3-4 will get you to 80
    Blackrock Caverns x 1 with quests will typically get you 82
    Stonecore to 85 (2.5 to 3.5 passes)

This pathway is set up to minimize moving around - it's not always the optimal dungeon at any given time but for me moving takes more time than running through a dungeon.

85 to 90 either stormstout (leave new toons at door, summon PLer out with them after over) or Jade Serpent as the final hits are actually good without RAF XP and I'm sure insane nice with.
    All my Raf links activated before 6.2 (2 start of May, 2 around end of May)

More info. It s (not official) true: Raf working in 85 - 90.
    Today levelled 3Druids+1Mage(lvl 85) group with monk lvl100 booster.
    Total Time required:about 1 hour and half. Summoned at stones by "Summon a friend". Did 4x Temple of jade Serpent runs and 4x Mogushan Palace runs. After donated with "grant a lvl" 5x levels to a priest lvl 85, now lvl 90
    So all Raf bonuses look working atm. But no official response or info by Blizzard.

My pathway - horde side, Raf active:
    1-11 levelling in orc starting zone
    11-21 do Ragefire Chasm
    21-37 SM
    37-57 Stratholme
    57-59 Ramparts
    59-62 Blood Furnace
    62-67,5+ Mana Tombs
    67,5+-69 Shettek Halls
    69-70 Shadow lab
    70-73 Nexus
    73-78,5 Gundrak