Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Patch 2.3

Default Patch 2.3

Le Sigh, it's going to bring me back in. So many massive good changes and the ability now to really get unique builds going.

Excited. It'll be a while till it comes, but I see it being quite promising.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Yeah, seems to be a good patch, but again, they need to address itemization which has been the main problem since Vanilla. Sure they keep adding new sets and changing legendaries, but this is not fixing the problem cause they just replace top builds for another top build. New sets make the older ones obsolete because they are not competitive anymore. If they add more sets, they need to buff the older ones so they are balanced. Nobody uses Firebirds now for Wizards cause Tal Rasha's and Delsere's are way better.

The Cube will add a lot of fun, assuming they add it as they mentioned: 3 legendary passives, 1 per weapon, armor, jewelry. That's crazy. It adds a lot of combinations. Also the Hellfire event will be changed and it will be a LOT easier to farm and the amulet will roll with socket by default.

A lot of big changes coming. I just hope they finally fix the core issues and not just add the usual 1-2 months hype and then we all get bored and stop playing.

I am mostly concerned about how they plan to change CC. Whatever they decide could make multiboxing much harder or impossible. So waiting for more details about that.I am really excited about what the cube will bring as well as the changes to hellfire farming and new torment levels. All in all it looks to be some good stuff.

Why impossible? Sure CC makes life easier but to the point that without it we are doomed? Naaa, dont think so. As long as we can have high damage and toughness we should be ok. Sure, we won't be hitting top10 on leaderboards but that's the case right now with CC where we can't even do 60 while regular parties are doing 70s. PermaCC from WD was completely broken and we knew that. I posted my Tiki build long long time ago, fearing I would be banned or it would be hotfixed cause it was stupid. We all knew it was going to be fixed eventually since it made the game too easy.

As long as we can leverage more synergies, I think we will do just fine.

Watching PTR streams it seems decent but at the same time it's not as amazing as I was initially expecting. Unsure.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

I've played PTR and it will bring me back. If I multibox S4, I plan to do 4 Crusaders or 4 WW Barbs. With the CC changes classes with toughness will be more important if you want to do harder content. If you are just speed farming low to mid GR's or TX, Wizard or Monk would probably work too. Plan to stay far away from DH and WD this season as the new WD sets are trash unless they tweak them on PTR and the DH didn't really get anything new that would make them better for multiboxing.

With the Saders, I would run the new Hammer build (I've cleared GR 57 so far on PTR with one solo) and with the cube you can get the zodiac ring on them and keep up Akarat's, Steel Skin and Laws permanently with a modest 45-50% CDR. Cubed Hexing Pants also add a nice bit of damage to the spec. With 4 Laws the group buffing should be pretty good. I am thinking running the critical damage, armor bonus, wings of angel for sure and the 4th law I am still debating on. It will probably be either Promise of Faith (25% less damage from all non-Physical sources) or Decaying Strength (up to 60% dmg reduction debuff on mobs).I really like the Hammerdin set minus Fallen Sword (this skill really needs a shorter animation for me to want to use it).

Barbs would be able to run Wastes 6 with BK weapons. The only issue with barbs is that only Warcry really stacks so they don't benefit as much from party buffing as Saders do. They do get to keep up Ignore Pain Mob rule with only 33% CDR in round robin though, so that means a multibox team of barbs would be able to use a differnt belt than the one that increase IP duration.

Both the Barbs and the Saders should have good movement speed. Barbs will move faster because of WW and sprint if you want it and Saders will have Wings of Angels for 50% speed and the ability to walkthrough mobs.

The big issue I see with playing multi in season 4 is the need to pickup crafting mats. From my time on PTR death's breath seemed to be the most precious resource of them all. I was always short on them because all the cube recipes take them in multiples. In the past I would just pickup crafting mats occasionally because it wasn't worth swapping through all my characters each pack and I would only swap for legendaries. Now you will need to stop a lot more to pick them up.
    Last edited by Yelgis : 07-09-2015 at 02:27 PM

So far I think I'll stick to Barbs for exp and general farming. And not because they can be tougher but because they can clear the map without stopping faster than any other class (low GR). They can go thru mobs and clear the whole map fast, also have perma immunity. Condemn Crusaders and Tempest Rush monks are the other 2 options but they are weaker compared to Barbs. I can clear GR38 in less than 2.5 mins. With patch 2.3, that's around 5 more levels which is ok. I don't like much the Hammerdin build cause u have to stop to attack and that kinda beats the purpose of multiboxing exp build. For solo or group play, for sure, but not for exp. For higher GR I'm not sure yet but monks seem pretty OP right now. Still this is PTR and they will nerf/buff a lot of thing before going live.

The cube added quite a few new options for us. Really looking forward to this new patch.

PS: With Barbs and Sage set, doing T6, I get a TON of death breaths really fast. Like 30-50 per rift or so. Several hundreds in a few hours. Tho its extremely boring cause u need to stop to loot after every single elite kill.
    Last edited by Devile : 07-09-2015 at 02:58 PM

Yea the stopping an looting is what would bug me Deville.

Also with the Saders you don't really stop to dps. You use hexing pants and keep spamming hammers while moving forwards. Not as fast as barbs for sure but when mobs aren't around you can use steed. That along with the movement speed from Wings of Angels makes the sader team really fast as well.

Mmmm ... last time I checked, Hammers had attack animation. Did they change it? Nop, just tested Blessed Hammer and it still has attack animation so best case scenario, u stutter step which is very stressing IMO, not to mention u need to have same attack speed across your party to reduce dsync which will happen regardless cause of all the stop/move actions. I like more WW, Condemn or TR which are very smooth. Hammerdin is nice, brings a lot of D2 memories, but I dont like it much for multiboxing, at least not how it has been implemented with Falling Sword and that LOOOOOOOONG attack animation. If they wanted to resemble in some way the Enigma runeword + Hammers, they kinda failed there.
    Last edited by Devile : 07-09-2015 at 03:13 PM

Yea I don't even use Fallen Sword on my hammerdin due to the crappy animation. You do have to stop to cast hammer, but cast speed is really fast thanks to the new 1h flail and stutter stepping with Sader's using Hammer is much easier than doing it with ranged classes. You don't really need to kite with the Sader so you just hold force move and mash the hammer key. That is all the stutter stepping needed. Pretty easy to play so I wouldn't dismiss them outright. You don't need a single bit of attack speed on gear with the build (not that it hurts but other dps stats are just as good if not better) so keeping them all at the same speed should be okay.

I will give you the fact that Barbs, Condem and Tempest Rush are much smoother, but out of those three only the Barb is competitve now since TR and Condemn don't really have the boosts that Hammerdin and WW Barbs have with sets currently.