Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Help me choose a monitor!

I am buying a monitor to make better use of my new 980ti ( one for now.. two soon )
    I have narrowed it down to two.. there are only two that met my criteria. I had to have G-Sync and higher res than 1920x1080 at a screen size of 27in +

First is the Asus Rog Swift 2560x1440 $799

Second is the only 4k monitor with G-Sync>> Acer << this one is on sale for $699

seems like 4K would be a no-brainer..but I'm not sure i need that much res..and I am curious why its so cheap!?!?!

The links are from my local Micro center.. i can find the Asus cheaper online.. but ill pay an extra few bucks for the convenience of being able to pick it up, or return it if need be, locally.

Price is not the issue here.. just looking for advice on the better monitor I guess
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Personally, I wouldn't see the point of a 4k monitor under 36" except to say "because PIXELS!"
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

or http://pcdiy.asus.com/2015/06/asus-3...-sync-monitor/

I'd be interested to know how the Acer supports 144Hz, seeing as GSYNC doesn't support DP 1.3 (needed for 4k rez at higher RR that 60Hz). Presumably it is at lower resolutions, like 2560x1440.
    Last edited by mbox_bob : 06-01-2015 at 11:16 PM

How did i almost miss this > IPS 144ghz G-Sync?!?!

I think there is someone running with multiple LG 34UM95-P monitors, I have yet to see in person, but they look pretty amazing.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA4P01ZU0547

With three 780 Tis in SLI, I max out 3GB of VRAM at 2560x1080 x5 (practically Ultra in DX11), and I think I'm probably somewhere around 50% load on them—This is in the outside world in Northrend. I don't know what to say about a monitor except... At least 1440, and preferably IPS. I know nothing about GSync except that it only works in Fullscreen mode, so you won't be using it while multiboxing.

Quote Originally Posted by mbox_bob View Post
    I'd be interested to know how the Acer supports 144Hz, seeing as GSYNC doesn't support DP 1.3 (needed for 4k rez at higher RR that 60Hz). Presumably it is at lower resolutions, like 2560x1440.
    I think that's actually misprint on their website. The Acer site doesn't mention the 144Hz, nor does Anandtech's review. Also, from the comments of the PCPer review:
    I set the panel to 1920x1080 and we were still limited to a 60 FPS refresh rate.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Yea.. im not multiboxing atm. Im playing ESO mostly, testing Star Citizen, and single player games atm. Ill have 6GB of Vram though 8)

I went with the ISP Acer btw

When i do start boxing again.. ill have two 980Tis and ill be ok with the loss of gsync..but for my single players experience, ill be a happy camper im sure 8)

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    I know nothing about GSync except that it only works in Fullscreen mode, so you won't be using it while multiboxing.
    I wanted to update this, as it might effect display choices for some of you..this is from nvidias site ( new posting as of May 31st >> Here )

New G-SYNC Features
    Earlier today we launched the 353.06 GeForce Game Ready Drivers. In addition to the latest performance optimizations and support for the new GeForce GTX 980 Ti, the new Game Ready drivers introduce Windowed Mode for G-SYNC, enabling you to enjoy super smooth gaming whilst playing in a window or borderless window.
    Last edited by Lyonheart : 06-02-2015 at 05:56 PM Reason: G-Sync works in windows mode now! WOOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    I wanted to update this, as it might effect display choices for some of you..this is from nvidias site ( new posting as of May 31st >> Here )

New G-SYNC Features
    Earlier today we launched the 353.06 GeForce Game Ready Drivers. In addition to the latest performance optimizations and support for the new GeForce GTX 980 Ti, the new Game Ready drivers introduce Windowed Mode for G-SYNC, enabling you to enjoy super smooth gaming whilst playing in a window or borderless window.
    Haha. Very nice. icon14.png
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Haha. Very nice. icon14.png
    There are some very sexy ultra wide g-sync monitors coming just for you! THIS link has a list of upcoming gsync goodness