Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Not sure what is going wrong!

Hey everyone,

Been a long time since I've posted here, although I still lurk!

Decided to get back into and check out wow boxing again, but I have 2 issues that keep coming up.

I have tried multiple tests, in all sorts of different ways trying to narrow down this problem.
    The easiest way to explain it is:

I create a new IsBoxer empty profile.
    I add 5 slots and setup the very bare minimum in order to get IsBoxer to successfully create, launch, and position the 5 wow clients on my screen.

Each wow client is set within IsBoxer to it's own launching .exe and folder. (I have 5 wow folders spread across SSD drives)

The region is very simple, all on one monitor, show taskbar, leave hole, swapping, resolution etc...
    Assign C key to the wheel switcher for instant swapping.

The problem is whenever I use the wheel switcher to go from client 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5.
    It messes up the order and goes 1 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 2.

Going to a specific screen from hotkey has no problem.
    This happens with me creating my own profile, or letting IsBoxer do all the work with the wizards and creating profiles that way.

I already have added each game and folder into the inner space configuration, and have also double checked to make sure they were added properly.

Now the kicker is that anytime I use a profile that launches 5 wow clients *ALL from the same folder there are zero issues with window swapping. It works perfectly and in order, with the same profile and regions.

Anyone have any idea what may be going on?
    Is running wow clients all from separate folders not supported anymore? Just wondering as I've been gone for a long time.

Thanks all

Of course this has been a problem for 2 days, and not 15 minutes after making this post I figured out how to fix it...
    Funky how the brain sometimes just needs a distraction, even for just a couple minutes, and then *boom, brilliant idea = fixed!

So I changed to the Inner Space configuration to launch just the wow.exe instead of pointing to wow64.exe.
    Seems Inner Space auto launches the 64 bit version anyway if your on a 64bit system.

Well, problem solved!

You can use multiple folders, although this does reduce the efficiency of Windows Memory Manager, and chews up more ram overall, not to mention excess disk space required.

Sometimes the ordering is incorrect because the default ordering is based on when the game initialisation starts rendering 3d, so it is possible that some of your clients are getting to that point faster than the others, regardless of the slot number in ISboxer. When you use multiple folders this is highly possible due to configuration of HDD's, saturation of the I/O bus, and the fact that the Windows Memory Manager has to allocate for every DLL, rather than reuse the already loaded shared ones. You can force the slot number target order for the next/previous windows by using the target operator @ in the Filter Target box. If you use "@(isboxer&~dxnothing)" it should order correctly. See http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/Target for more info on ordering.

Finally. WOW.exe loads 64 bit if you are on a 64bit OS. InnerSpace launches what you tell it to launch.
    If you don't want 64 bit, you can delete/rename wow-64.exe, or you can use the -noautolaunch64bit parameter. If you do want 64bit, and you want InnerSpace to be 64bit too, you can tick this option in the ISboxer node at the top of your profile.