Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 32

the 30% move speed is nice, but you lose 10% life and 15% dodge. not sure it's worth it.

IMO, 20% less damage > 15% dodge + 10% life, not to mention they hit 20% slower too. I'm consistently doing 42s in 3 mins now with just a few exceptions. I'm dying considerably less times in RG fights which really helps a lot for exp runs since I don't lose my pools. I'm skipping most if not all elites with the exceptions of the ones around Pylons or when I'm in WotB. The 30%+ movement speed helps a lot to skip those annoying packs.

Considering the fact I only have 3 Ancient weapons (not 3 pairs, 3 weapons), I'm doing pretty good.
    Last edited by Devile : 05-28-2015 at 10:27 AM

I end up switching my speedfarm build to these:

http://www.d3planner.com/534788540
    http://www.d3planner.com/317456616

I was hesitant about CoE ring but it works very good. Also, having CotA really helps on those tricky situations were u are getting hit hard and also the RG fight. Doing back to back GR37s and getting a ton of exp and items. It's the fastest I've ever done exp since I started playing D3. Once I get more Ancient weapons, I'll move up in level. I really wanna do 41s to hit the shard cap.

I would love to make WotB + IK set build work for speedfarming. I already have 4 good ancient IK Boulder Breakers while I'm still missing 4 BK ancient weapons and the 4 I have are not great :/. BK is amazing not just for the movement speed but because they give a ton of Fury and attack speed to get higher breakpoints. Besides perma WotB is amazing. I'm going to do some testing to see if I can make it work.

PS: nvm, can't make IK for speedfarming since I can't use Leoric's Crown. Without Leoric's, there's really no point. If I use Leoric's then I'll have to use just 2 piece IK instead of 4, meaning no perma WotB which is the whole point of using IK. I'll just wait til S3 ends so I can use ORotZ for perma Ignore Pain + WotB. That seems to be the best build so far.
    Last edited by Devile : 06-01-2015 at 12:23 PM

Thanks Devile,
    This was great info.

I decided to dust off the barbs and give them a shot after reading the thread. I had 0 set items on my barbs.

I just ran normal rifts with the WW build, and slowly started getting some decent drops. I really liked the play style compared to the crusaders.

Then I started doing GR's to get more shards and hopefully better drops.

It took a while, but I was finally able to complete a Wastes set on one of the guys, then it got a lot easier. Yesterday I was able to complete all 4 of the wastes sets, and it's pretty awesome. I got to the point where I was doing GR40's pretty quickly, so I would wait like 5 minutes before killing the guardian so it wouldn't skip a couple GR levels on the key.

I still need some IK pieces and I still need to get the 6th Wastes piece on 3 guys. I also still need 2 of the 1H BK-Sol. Vow before I can use them on my guys.

So a bit more farming and it should get interesting.

Thanks for the info, these guys are so much more fun than the crusaders.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

This post sucked me back into D3. Well, reading about 2.3 helped too. For me the build really took off when I completed BK; before that I had fury issues sometimes. In fact, I can't really contemplate going back to a WW based build that doesn't include BK.

That said, some speculation regarding 2.3; I'm thinking of cubing Leoric's and going with 2 pieces of IK's so pets are up full time [because of together as one] and to improve uptime on WotB with ORotZ. Just wanted to throw that out there as food for thought.

The other thing I thought about was, given CoE, we aren't quite as locked into a single damage type; which makes Razor Strop kind of potentially interesting to me. Even if not part of my current build, I was wondering if anyone had experimented with 4x Swords to Ploughsares + razor strops. Seems like it'd yield quite a few health globe pickups. There's also Solanium and Rakoffs, I suppose.

Edit: Typos.
    Last edited by Ishar : 08-23-2015 at 11:45 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Ishar View Post
    This post sucked me back into D3. Well, reading about 2.3 helped too. For me the build really took off when I completed BK; before that I had fury issues sometimes. In fact, I can't really contemplate going back to a WW based build that doesn't include BK.

That said, some speculation regarding 2.3; I'm thinking of cubing Leoric's and going with 2 pieces of IK's so pets are up full time [because of together as one] and to improve uptime on WotB with ORotZ. Just wanted to throw that out there as food for thought.

The other thing I thought about was, given CoE, we aren't quite as locked into a single damage type; which makes Razor Strop kind of potentially interesting to me. Even if not part of my current build, I was wondering if anyone had experimented with 4x Swords to Ploughsares + razor strops. Seems like it'd yield quite a few health globe pickups. There's also Solanium and Rakoffs, I suppose.

Edit: Typos.
    Well, dont think IK compares to WotW, at least for speedfarming. BK + WotW are just too damn good. I didn't test the PTR but from what I see, mobs in general do less damage and RGs take far less time so low 50s with my current gear + cube are a possibility with just that. I don't like 2 IK + 6 WotW cause of the movement speed I lose wthout Chilanik's. Sure Together as One is nice, but will we really need that much mitigation? Guess tomorrow we will find out. I rather have Together as One on demand + perma Ignore Pain than perma Together as One and sprint to cover the lack of movement speed and no ignore pain. I'll share my tentative 2.3 builds in the next post.

CoE only applies the physicial buff to WW. It's a bug I guess. WW + WotW benefits from the element used for the skill rune, but CoE will only apply the physical buff regardless of the element seen on screen. Don't think they have fixed this yet.

Last edited by Devile : 08-24-2015 at 01:59 PM

Yeah the prospect of dropping the movement buff from Chilanik's bugged me a little. I dunno. Maybe swap it out depending on what GR level I'm aiming at; in upper 30's currently I'm basically immortal already, but in low 40's I have to be careful. I'm sure 2.3 will shift that number up a few ranks. Also, as I go up in ranks, it seems like whirl winding through packs at a slightly slower rate equates to more dead monsters. That might be subjective, though.

And yeah, BK + WOTW is mandatory.

Huh, didn't know about the CoE mechanics.

These is the build I'm aiming for 2.3 speedfarming:

http://ptr.d3planner.com/868680157
    http://ptr.d3planner.com/274926593

Going for full dps. May change Weapon Master for Boon of Bul-Kathos if I can't get 100% uptime for WotB.

So right now I'm thinking if I should do Season 4 or just go with normal character.

Are there any legendaries that worth doing season for barbarians?

Nop, not at all. There aren't legendaries for ANY class but Wizard. Everything else is crap.