Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 32

Default Multiboxing 4x Barbarians: Whirlwind builds patch 2.2.1

Intro
    Been looking for a class/build to exp to paragon 1000. Obviously efficiency is the main goal here since I don't have much time to play the game and also I rather do this while watching TV so it had to be nothing too complex and easy to play. Tried different classes and builds and while Condemn Crusaders were pretty good, they kinda suck once u hit GR40+. Wizards can deal a huge amount of damage but they have pretty bad mobility and they require a sequence of skills in order to be efficient, not to mention they can be squishy so they have to rely on CC to survive. Sure they can prolly do GR60, but for speedfarming they kinda suck unless u pair them with a zDPS Crusader to speed things up. DHs are pretty good as well, but they are squishy even with the new UE set, but the fact u have to stop to kill stuff, makes u waste time. Monks have only 1 competitive set now and it's a pain to multibox. Condemn Crusaders lack damage unless u add a Roland's Crusader, but then again, u have to stop to kill stuff. WDs are fun, but again, u have to rely on CC, stop to cast, etc. That leaves us with Barbarians.

Patch 2.2 brought back spint to win Barbs. They buffed Immortal King and Bulkatho's Oath sets and introduced a completely new set, the Wrath of the Wastes set. These 3 sets gave some much needed build diversity to the class and now is probably the best class for multiboxing speedfarming on single class party. In the past, multiboxing whirlwind Barbs was possible but had several issues with desyncs, those are gone now. U can perfectly spin all 4 barbs with little desync issues and full speed and clear entire floors in seconds. Speedfarming GR40-43 can go down easily in less than 4 minutes with Ruby in gem for exp. By far is the best class I've tried for exp.

I've divided this give into different builds depending on what u are looking for. They are all Whirlwind based builds:

Speedfarming GR40+ (non season) build
    It's a simple build with just a couple round robins:

http://www.d3planner.com/354880400

Basicall WotW 6 piece with BK weapons and F&R rings. Reaper Wraps for the fury regen and Chilanik's Chain belt for the movement speed. For GR40+ elites and RG, u will need some sort of immunity and damage reduction or u will die. Ignore Pain will make your life a lot easier since it will duplicate your toughness and provide immunity to CC. If u feel like u dont need this, u can go with Sprint + Witching Hour or Overpower for even more damage. Since I care more about efficiency and dying makes u waste a ton of time and EXP pools, I rather go with Ignore Pain.

Ignore Pain is in round robin for 5 secs so I can literally have it up for 20 secs. For GR40-43 u dont need 100% uptime since trash and elites die really fast and even RGs are not a big problem. U can actually play with 0% CDR tho I don't recommend it since more CDR will help your WotB uptime. CDR is recommended but not mandatory for this build. Use Ignore Pain during difficult fights or whenever u get CC, thats about it.

War Cry runes stack so u can use the 4 useful runes to get a lot more toughness. I also round robin this every 5 secs so I keep the movement speed buff 100% of the time. If u have more CDR, u can lower the time between War Cries. Since War Cry lasts 60 secs, u will have all 4 runes less than 20 secs and perma 30-40% movement speed buff from the belt. If u have high toughness already and u dont need all 4 runes, go with 2 or even 1 and replace War Cry with Overpower + Witching Hour.

Battle Rage Bloodshed is probably the best rune for speedfarming but if u find yourself having Fury issues, change 1-2 Barbs to Swords of Ploughshares rune and that should take care of the Fury issues. U will get a lot of health globes. That's what I use right now and I never run out of Fury. I'm usually at max which is important so u benefit from your Berserker Rage passive. Best option would be Hellfire amulet with Weapon Master passive or any of the damage passive so u can have Weapon Master as passive. That will take care of you Fury issues and focus on damage.

To proc F&R buff, I use Weapon Throw to avoid dsyncs. Best choice would be Bash Punish for the additional damage buff, but it causes problems so I rather go ranged. Just be careful whenever u stop to attack with Weapon Throw since u will lose the 40% damage reduction WotW set provides when u are using Whirlwind. Use Ignore Pain if needed or just go to a safe spot.

Depending on your gear, GR40-43 will go down very fast, so u should time your WotB in order to be up for the RG. I usually cast it for the first elite pack and depending on how fast I'm progressing I will either save it for the RG or use it again.

Items
    • Weapons: STR, %damage, VIT/CDR/AS. U want Ancient BK weapons but u can still make it to GR40 without them. I only have Ancients on my main account. The other 3 Barbs have non ancients and I do fine.
    • Helm: STR, VIT, CC and Ruby. Don't go with Whirlwind damage since it only affects Whirlwind itself and not your Dust Devils (the tornados) which are your biggest source of damage.
    • Shoulders: STR, VIT, AR and CDR.
    • Gloves: STR, VIT, CC and CD.
    • Chest: STR, VIT and elites damage reduction, %life or AR. Most ppl prefer %life since your WW Blood Funnel heals more with more health, but I rather go with damage reduction.
    • Pants: STR, VIT, AR.
    • Boots: STR, VIT, AR, Whirlwind damage.
    • Bracers: Reaper Wraps or if u dont have Fury issues, Lacunis. Physical damage, STR, VIT, CC.
    • Belt: Chilanik's for the movement speed buff or anything u want. STR, VIT, AR and %life. Witching Hour if u are going full dps.
    • Amulet: Physical damage or STR, CD and CC. Hellfire is BiS.
    • Rings: F&R with STR, CC and CD. If u are lucky u can go with CDR, CC and CD, but good luck finding those.

Gems
    • Taeguk: pretty much mandatory. It gives a huge toughness and damage bonus.
    • BotT: bets damage gem there is.
    • Toxin: 40% damage debuff.
    • Pain Enhancer: It''s ok for the damage but it relies on density, so it may not help againts RG.
    • Gogok: If u want more CDR.

It's a very straight forward build. Here's a video of GR43 under 4 minutes:

In order to optimize each Barb''s damage, u should check whirlwind breakpoints and how much attack speed u need to add in order to get the most damage from each. To maximize damage, u can go with Brawler instead of Nerves of Steel but survivability could be an issue.

Dust Devils travel towards your path so in order to do more damage to elites and RGs, u should go back and forth in straight line and not in circles like in the videos (sorry, old habit -_-). If u can corner them, even better. U might want to have 1 Barb with the Hurricane rune in order to suck trash into your Dust Devils.

This build is very good against multiple targets but not so great against single target. U might wanna skip all elites and focus on trash until u get to the RG. If u get a Channeling or Power pylon, clear some elites or save them for the RG fight.

Sadly there are some bugs with Whirlwind and some items so it's important to consider these tips:

• U need to stack the element your Whirlwind rune has in order to optimize your damage. Your 6 piece WotW set Dust Devils will benefit from whatever element your WW rune is. So if u go with Blood Funnel then u need to stack Physical. But if u run 1 Barb with Hurricane which is Cold, u need to stack Cold and not Physical on that barb.
    • CoE is a very good ring but it's kinda bugged. Even if u go with a Cold or Fire rune on WW, CoE will always buff your Dust Devils when the ring is in the Physical fase. Not that it really matters, but it's important when u are kitting a boss and u wait for the right fase to attack.
    • Whirlwind is bugged and it snapshots your attack speed. This could be good or bad depending on the situation. A lot of ppl are abusing this to snapshot the attackspeed buff from Pain Enhancer and keeping it thru the whole Rift. U might wanna read this topic in reddit about it to fully understand the pros/cons of this bug. Important to know all this to fully benefit from your WotB.
    Last edited by Devile : 06-02-2015 at 02:39 PM

GR50+ (non season) build
    This build is based on 4 pieces Immortal King set + 6 pieces Wrath of the Wastes set. I'm sure most have seen Barbs doing GR58, tanking shit without problems... well, that's because they using Unity ring + Follower. Without that, u will get destroyed unless u add a lot of damage reduction. This build is based on 100% uptime of Ignore Pain and WotB in order to survive.

http://www.d3planner.com/675830267

We will use Call of the Ancients Ancient's Fury for Fury generation and Rend Bloodbath for additional damage. 1 Barb can use Rend Mutilate to add the 10% additional damage from all sources.

Ignore Pain goes in a round round every 5 secs for 100% uptime. I have it every 5.1 secs cause sometimes it just doesnt cast cause the 33.3% CDR gives exactly 15 secs downtime. Still it's good enough I don't sacrifice that much damage for CDR. Only 2 parts with 8% are needed.

No need to round robin War Cry, u can cast it all at once.

WotB can be tricky with this build since the cooldown is reduced by 3 secs when 10 Fury is spent. Just spinning with Whirlwind will not be enough to have 100% uptime of WotB. Use Rend a few times in order to reduce more your cooldown. It's not rocket science but u need to pay attention, otherwise u will run into problems. Also, don't go crazy with Rend since it costs 20 Fury and your Ancient's may not give u enough Fury to sustain Whirlwind.

Items
    • Weapon: STR, %damage and VIT. U want an Ancient IK Boulder Breaker dropped in this patch because it has Call of the Ancientes as 5th affix.
    • Helm: STR, VIT, CC and a Diamond. Don't go with Whirlwind damage since it only affects Whirlwind itself and not your Dust Devils (the tornados) which are your biggest source of damage.
    • Shoulders: STR, VIT, AR and CDR.
    • Gloves: STR, VIT, CC and CD.
    • Chest: STR, VIT and elites damage reduction, %life or AR. Most ppl prefer %life since your WW Blood Funnel heals more with more health, but I rather go with damage reduction.
    • Pants: STR, VIT, AR.
    • Boots: STR, VIT, AR, Whirlwind damage.
    • Bracers: Reaper Wraps. Physical damage, STR, VIT, CC.
    • Belt: STR, VIT, AR and %life.
    • Amulet: Physical damage or STR, CD and CC.
    • Rings: CoE with STR, CC and CD. RoRG with STR, AS and CDR.

Gems
    • Taeguk: pretty much mandatory. It gives a huge toughness and damage bonus.
    • BotT: bets damage gem there is.
    • Toxin: 40% damage debuff.
    • Pain Enhancer: It''s ok for the damage but it relies on density, so it may not help againts RG.
    • Gogok: If u want more CDR.

Gameplay video:

Last edited by Devile : 05-23-2015 at 10:51 PM

Reserved for WotW + BK + ORotZ build (season only).
    Last edited by Devile : 06-01-2015 at 12:25 PM

Trying that out myself.
    I'm using Gizzard though... kinda scared to replace it with toxin. I don't feel like I lack damage (not too high yet, low 40's), but gizzard gives so much sustain and shield is very nice as well.
    I love how the cry stacks and when taeguk is charged my toughness is pushing 100mil.

Edit:
    I missed the ignore pain round robin.... gonna test that.

Edit2:
    Isn't Rampage kinda useless on RG?
    Last edited by Pazgaz : 05-25-2015 at 03:50 PM

With Ignore Pain, u really dont need more toughness. Well, some RGs hurt a lot and u may need some more or u will die every now and then. Yes Rampage is going to be useless with RGs that dont spawn adds, but for trash is amazing and it will help u get faster to the RG fight, so it's still very good.

I still need to try some CDR builds in order to get high uptime on WotB and maybe replace Ignore Pain for Call of the Ancients Together as One. Maybe not replace it but have them both for really high toughness and some more damage. That would really help with some annoying RGs. At least til S3 ends and I can get Zodiacs for perma WotB with WotW + BK sets.

Right now I'm farming keywardens for Hellfire amulets. Some builds just don't work properly with only 4 passives, not just for Barbs but for other classes like DHs. They are kinda mandatory for high GRs. A fifth passive its just too good to ignore.
    Last edited by Devile : 05-26-2015 at 12:31 AM

farming those as well. Although my wizards do that so much better. and they kill the ubers in like 10-15 seconds (except diablo that can be a bitch sometimes).
    anyway, if you take CotA TaO you lose the fury from the other rune, not sure you can afford that.
    I think I'll try something else instead of rampage, even if RG spawns adds, they die so fast and give you 3-5 stacks, and these stacks usually fall off before the next batch of adds comes.

what's going to be the 5th passive?

For keywardens, Barbs are perfect. For Ubers, I think DHs or Wizards.

5th passive? Brawler mostlikely. U won't find many passives that add damage and not having all of them, will hurt your GR times. Most passives are focused on damage reduction and resources. U really cant afford losing those just cause they are not great against single targets. Sure, the RG fight may take less time but maybe it will hurt your clear times to get to the RG in the first place. It's all about trade offs. I rather have Rampage, Berserker Rage, Ruthless, Weapon Master and Brawler. Nerves of Steel if I'm dying, but for GR41-43, those are the 5 passives I prefer.

Once I get decent Hellfires for all 4, I'll go the CDR path and use CotA+WotB.
    Last edited by Devile : 05-26-2015 at 01:34 PM

farmed 40 hellfires (10 each char) and only 2 (!!!!!!!) had crit chance

also, ubers died in 10 seconds with barbs (even using BK instead of IK weapon - not ancient)

Drop rates for keys are horrible. I can prolly craft 30+ for each char, but I'll farm some more, get 50+ at least.

Changed my build a little bit and improved considerably my survivability. I have War Cry Impunity and Hardened Wrath on 2 Barbs in a 10 secs round robin (a bit less if u have some CDR) with Chilanik belts and Threatening Shout Falter on the other 2 Barbs in a 5 secs round robin (less if u have CDR) with Witching Hours. That helps a lot against RGs. I dropped some toughness but got 20% reduced damage and reduced attack speed from mobs, and got some DPS boost as well.