Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 32

Thanks!

I have some barbarians I did for S2 with crappy gear, so I'll just start later today (waiting for EU release).

Did 58 on first try and failed 2 60s because of MASSIVE lag. It's UNPLAYABLE for me. Never seen this kind of lag with my Barbs before. Whenever there's some density, the whole screen goes in slow motion and I can't see where my team is at. I keep WW and eventually after a half minute of a completely frozen screen, I show up dead. It's simply impossible to play like this. I can prolly do 62 but not with this horrible lag. Guess the dust devils + bloodshed explosion are just too much for the game and freezes completely.

Try running CPU and GPU monitoring tools side by side and see what's a bottleneck. Or it is server-side issue?

I've been having some lag with my barbs too, but not that bad.

I've cubed furnace and yans but been more focused on cubing quasi random legendary affixes than pushing grifts. I sort of hoarded various things of questionable usefulness in anticipation the cube and I want my stash back. Not that I think this is a great use of time. I'm weird.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by joes View Post
    Try running CPU and GPU monitoring tools side by side and see what's a bottleneck. Or it is server-side issue?
    Seems server side cause my PC is pretty good for D3, besides it's clear this is not visual lag cause it's not like my fps drop to 0 or something. Nope, it's network cause my ping goes over 2000+ and everything freezes. This happens when there's a lot of density and I try to gather more trash to get more progress. Could be server side or maybe my internet connection???? I dunno, but whenever the screen is packed, I just die. Reminds me of the old days when doing Crypt Runs and someone pulled all Fields of Misery ... everyone will lag the hell out, ping will go up to 2000+ and everything will freeze for a long time. It's exactly the same case here. I saw this same thing with streamers playing the PTR but I thought that wasn't gonna happen on live, but it is, at least for me when there are a lot of mobs.

I'm doing T10 bounties for now to get more mats for the cube and testing different builds. BTW, I don't think I posted this, but they changed Pride of Cassius belt effect with Ignore Pain Mob Rule. Now the effect applies to the whole party which is huge for multiboxing cause now it's very easy to achieve perma Ignore Pain with the belt. Now u apply 11 secs Ignore Pain to the whole party. Haven't done the math, but with just 2 barbs with 27.54% CDR (8% shoulders + 10% paragon + 12.5% diamond in helm) and 2 barbs with 6sec belts I have 100% uptime.

I'll try to update this guide for 2.3 and add a little more info about breakpoints as well. If u have BK weapons, u might wanna add 12% IAS in gear on top of the 10% from paragon to hit the 5 dust devils per sec breakpoint.

I read somewhere that Diablo 3 uses UDP for game-related activities and some routers choke on large number of UDP packets due to slow CPU, etc. Maybe when lots of stuff starts happening around you, D3 server starts sending more data and router starts to misbehave.

I had this problem with uTorrent some time ago with first implementation of uTP protocol which was also using UDP.

On other hand, D3 servers had problems with certain effects (reflect damage) and huge crowds, they were certainly server-side and led to hardcore character deaths. So I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    Seems server side cause my PC is pretty good for D3, besides it's clear this is not visual lag cause it's not like my fps drop to 0 or something. Nope, it's network cause my ping goes over 2000+ and everything freezes. This happens when there's a lot of density and I try to gather more trash to get more progress. Could be server side or maybe my internet connection???? I dunno, but whenever the screen is packed, I just die. Reminds me of the old days when doing Crypt Runs and someone pulled all Fields of Misery ... everyone will lag the hell out, ping will go up to 2000+ and everything will freeze for a long time. It's exactly the same case here. I saw this same thing with streamers playing the PTR but I thought that wasn't gonna happen on live, but it is, at least for me when there are a lot of mobs.
    It happened to me with Wizards a while back. When a ton of stuff is happening it starts doing UDP and lags to hell. I was monitoring the connection, and all the sudden you see new connections open via UDP when the lag hits. I was positive, at the time, it was a server side issue.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

Could be, but this never happened before 2.3. It could be my ISP throttling my download. I'll try VPN and see if that helps. It's REALLY bad for me right now cause it doesnt need to be a lot of density. I die even doing the cow level :/ Hopefully I'll figure this out. On the meantime, I'm avoiding those high density maps.

PS: Figured out what was it. Battlenet was routing me thru fucking Brasil (I'm from Peru btw) instead of US servers. Brasilian servers SUCK so much. Changed the startup parameters so I would go to US servers and I'm back to normal.
    Last edited by Devile : 08-27-2015 at 12:18 AM

Without lag was able to do 60 at second try, no Conduit. Barely made it cause Saxtris was a real pain and map density was not great. I can prolly push if I start fishing but that's kinda boring. To get higher I need hellfire amulets for a 5th passive. I'm still using Toxin gem. Maybe Gogok is better, need to test if hitting the next breakpoint and 15% CDR for more WotB uptime is really worth losing the 40% debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    Without lag was able to do 60 at second try, no Conduit. Barely made it cause Saxtris was a real pain and map density was not great. I can prolly push if I start fishing but that's kinda boring. To get higher I need hellfire amulets for a 5th passive. I'm still using Toxin gem. Maybe Gogok is better, need to test if hitting the next breakpoint and 15% CDR for more WotB uptime is really worth losing the 40% debuff.

Hey can you elaborate what your build\items are? I'm running WW build but having survival issues around GRIFT 40. I want to go full on XP with these guys now. I planned to try HOTA out this week since I got ancient HOTA hammers on 3 of my guys. I've been just playing them as a speed farm build which is pretty damn fun.

I want to get up to GRIFT 50-60 but not sure if I need to switch builds etc.. I was thinkin about throwing on pride of cassius on and round robbining ignore pain\rule of mob so it would be up permanently. Here are my characters.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/A.../hero/65240514
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/A.../hero/65239931
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/A.../hero/65240431
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/A.../hero/65239816