Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    Blog Entries

Default Moar monks much less fun in WOD

When MOP came out I actually leveled a monk to be my new main (the only time since 2007 I've ever mained something other than a priest and I ultimately regretted it) but I had a ton of fun leveling as a full caster heirloomed mistweaver, usually doing great dps (1st or 2nd) in all of my leveling dungeons as I healed.

Alas, this awesome "spin to win" lifestyle is over and I've had to change my 3 mistweavers + mage + brewmaster group as I've picked them up again to a more conventional bm/mw/ww/ww/mage. Much bigger yawn. The important change is the mistweavers now have two stances, and the aoe spinning kick damages in one stance and heals in the other (rather than both, like before) and you can't use your HOT (which was most of my tank healing (hot x 3 meant that you could spend most of your time dpsing and ignoring the tanks health)) if you are in the dps/fistweaving stance.

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    When MOP came out I actually leveled a monk to be my new main (the only time since 2007 I've ever mained something other than a priest and I ultimately regretted it) but I had a ton of fun leveling as a full caster heirloomed mistweaver, usually doing great dps (1st or 2nd) in all of my leveling dungeons as I healed.

Alas, this awesome "spin to win" lifestyle is over and I've had to change my 3 mistweavers + mage + brewmaster group as I've picked them up again to a more conventional bm/mw/ww/ww/mage. Much bigger yawn. The important change is the mistweavers now have two stances, and the aoe spinning kick damages in one stance and heals in the other (rather than both, like before) and you can't use your HOT (which was most of my tank healing (hot x 3 meant that you could spend most of your time dpsing and ignoring the tanks health)) if you are in the dps/fistweaving stance.
    Yes, when WOD was released they changed MW monks to have two stances each with a different healing style. Only one is heavy on direct healing and the other is heavy on fist weaving. It was like this in the beta as well.

I really really like mistweaving now in single play pve. It has the most action feel still to me.

With the stance dance function, the stance split it has much more significant heals compared to other atonement-esck heals.

If multiboxing, likely want to alert / track orbs for sure ... http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/mworbs

Blog Entries

The dps in the dps stance was pretty negligible. I did a few levels with a dedicated healer and two ww but melee is just NOT fun for me at all so I'm shelving that team. I remember boxing just fine with a monk tank in the past but not having purifying brew yet was punishing and... just everything I changed was still not solving my real problem, I hate melee dps. I want the tank to go in, everyone else on follow, and have it all work out.

I've only got another week of vacation, I suppose I should give up on the dream of only playing teams with rested and just focus on the two I'm enjoying right now (ranged mixed group and pure hunter group).