Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 24

Question Starting out multi-boxing with 5 accounts. Need team comp help

Hey guys,

I'm joining the ranks of multiboxers! Starting out with 5 toons. To begin I think they should all be of the same class (for simplicity).

Any advice here? I can't pick between:

5 x paladins. Run them either as 5 x prot or 1 prot, 1 holy, 3 ret.

5 x druids. Probably Boom x 5.

5 x ele shamans.

My main focus would be on dungeons and epic farming on raid trash.

Thanks!

Pumped to get started! W00T!

Blog Entries

I'd say make one of each team and play them to level 15, preferences are very personal and you'll develop strong opinions very quickly. Offhand I'd prefer the druids because the paladins are melee (harder to learn out of the gate) and the shaman cant tank if you decide you want to try to do real instances later on.

Blog Entries

Also, you might feel comfortable after you've put in the time to get all three sets to 15 to mix and match and do a mixed group.

I have 5x Prot at 100. They level like mad, have a +run-speed passive and AoE pull like nobody's business. Lots of fun leveling and instancing.

Also have 5x druids at 100. I played them as kitties during WotLK, which was fun. I leveled them to 90 and then 100 as balance, and they did very well and leveled fast, too. Very versatile class, if not quite as forgiving as the prot paladins.

Also have 5x hunters at 100. Don't underestimate them for farming, leveling, and instances. They are currently my favorite group, high DPS, very forgiving, come with their own pocket tanks, speed boosts, self-healing, switchable ammo types, etc. etc. Highly recommended; would buy again. A+++. The only drawback is that you don't have resurrection in this group; Goblin Jumper Cables work sometimes, and you do have the Guild Perk resurrect if you don't die too much.

Also have a 100 caster group with 1x arcane mage, 1x disc priest and 3x demonology warlocks (which I should probably switch to affliction). They were fun as well, but not as versatile or forgiving as any of the above groups. Good AoE, though. This group is nice in that you have portals and summons in the group.

Really comes down to what you'd like to play. Play a class(es) that's fun for you and multiboxing them will only be more fun.

Incidentally, what software/hardware are you using to multibox? If ISBoxer, setting up mixed-class teams is a little bit time-consuming at first but once you get it configured, it's really slick at managing things so you don't have to get crazy with macros and multiple keys.

Good luck!
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Thanks for all replies! Crazy-awesome community here.

I like the point of trying everything to level 15. Would get me into the loop faster. Will do.

I got my hands on a PwnBoxer - gonna try that. ISBoxer looks a lot more complex.

What are you guys using? Should I invest the time into learning ISBoxer from the start?

Thanks again. Big ups to luxlunae, Ughmahedhurtz

PwnBoxer is a discontinued product if I remember correctly. The author does not support the software any more. I've tried both... ISBoxer is superior in so many ways. ISBoxer just looks intimidating when you first try it - it is actually easier to set up your first team using ISBoxer.

Definately level as many to 15 as you can. It should only take an hour or two to get 5 toons there when they are RAF linked. Having options for leveling teams is the only way to go.

Thanks CDNProdigy!

Are there any good guides for initial ISBoxer setup?

Watch this video that MiRai made and hopefully that should get you started for your first Isboxer team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GhvGBIqehg

MiRai also has more videos covering various Isboxer features for when you get more used to the program. They can be found on his youtube channel or in the movie section on this website.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ5...t38CJeN035Wtrg

If you have questions feel free ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    I have 5x Prot at 100. They level like mad, have a +run-speed passive and AoE pull like nobody's business. Lots of fun leveling and instancing.
    Just wanted to ask.. what method do you use for keeping the paladins together? On my hunters I use an assist key and another bound to interact with target - but that's only for looting bodies for quest items...was wondering if I'd be best off with Jamba strobe for a melee group? Oh and what stats do you gear for with your prots - tank or dps stats?
    Last edited by Andreauk : 05-23-2015 at 10:39 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    Just wanted to ask.. what method do you use for keeping the paladins together? On my hunters I use an assist key and another bound to interact with target - but that's only for looting bodies for quest items...was wondering if I'd be best off with Jamba strobe for a melee group? Oh and what stats do you gear for with your prots - tank or dps stats?
    I do not use strobe follow ever, nor is IWT in my combat rotation; separate assist+IWT key and my "move forward" key is linked to /follow on the slaves. I found they did the runaway thing far too often with IWT in the rotation.

As for gearing, I went mostly tanky gear. They got much more benefit from tank stats than DPS stats (bonus armor vs str, etc.). With 5 of them, it was more important that they be survivable than speedy as the only thing that ever gave me trouble was heroics. I did one of those and decided I was sorely undergeared. I think they were at about 635ish when I got bored and took a break.

The great thing about tanky setup (Holy Prism, Holy Shield, Sacred Shield talents) is that you group heal well and are hard to kill, and trash packs just melt. The bad thing about tanky setup is that you have a hard "breakover" point where your survivability isn't high enough for you to kill the target(s) before you run out of health. It's somewhat of a sliding scale; in lower-level content, you want to favor DPS because you can blow things up fast and farm like mad. In heroics and up, depending on gear, you prefer tanky setups because the DPS setup gets killed before you can finish the kill. Tricky stuff, and definitely has some fights that are stupid easy and some that seem impossible until you overgear them. It's definitely nowhere near how awesome it was in WotLK, where I was farming heroics and actually completing the Glory of the Hero achievements on current content.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)