Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Hunter Macro

Default Hunter Macro

Just thought I would share my 1 button single target bm macro

Code:
    /castsequence reset=6 [nochanneling] Arcane Shot, Kill Command, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot
    /castsequence reset=20/combat [nochanneling:barrage] barrage,dire beast,focus fire
    /cast [combat] Bestial Wrath
    /cast [combat] Kill Shot

You can put kill shot on it’s own if you like & you will have stampede on it’s own button too. You can add in other stuff like startattack/petattack just thought after my testing and creating of this macro I would share it. Poss may need altering based on haste.. I'm not sure as it works for me.

Talents that matter are Dire Beast,Stampede, Barrage and adaptation.
    Last edited by Andreauk : 05-22-2015 at 08:41 AM

Awesome!
    I thought I had to put
    /castrandom !Kill Shot -in order for my KS to go off when possible

But I cant recall.

I bet 5x Barrage is just MEAN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    Just thought I would share my 1 button single target bm macro

Code:
    /castsequence reset=6 [nochanneling] Arcane Shot, Kill Command, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot
    /castsequence reset=20/combat [nochanneling:barrage] barrage,dire beast,focus fire
    /cast [combat] Kill Shot

You can put kill shot on it’s own if you like & you will have stampede on it’s own button too. You can add in other stuff like startattack/petattack just thought after my testing and creating of this macro I would share it. Poss may need altering based on haste.. I'm not sure as it works for me.

Talents that matter are Dire Beast,Stampede, Barrage and adaptation.
    Hey Andreauk. You dont happen to have some macro's for earlier in the game? I just hit lvl 45 on my 3 BM Hunters and the actionbars are filling up with abilities and I need some way to hook them together cause there are just too many keys to press :O I havent played a hunter since 2005, and I am new to mutliboxing so I am having a hard time wrapping my head around macros and what abilities to hook together and such. Hoping you have some advice for me since you have just lvled up BM hunters as well

It has been really fun so far, but I dont know what abilities I should prioritize atm. Most of the macro's I find is for high lvl.

At lower levels all you need is arcane shot, multishot and kill command.. I haven't had to use anything else all the way up to 85

Quote Originally Posted by mikekim View Post
    At lower levels all you need is arcane shot, multishot and kill command.. I haven't had to use anything else all the way up to 85
    No Kill Shot? No Steady Shot? No Misdirection? No Disengage? I use all of these all the time, but I assume there is no way to bundle them together somehow. I am doing dungeons, alone, with my 3 hunters, probably a bit harder than doing quests.

After googling a lot, I have found a few good macros, but I am looking for a way to get Kill Shot in somewhere.

Code:
    /cast Revive Pet
    /cast Call Pet 1
    /cast Mend Pet
    /petattack
    /petassist
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    Code:
    /petattack
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /cast Kill Command
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=focus,exists,nodead] Misdirection; [target=pet,exists,nodead] Misdirection
    Code:
    #showtooltip Counter Shot
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@mouseover,harm][harm] Counter Shot
    Last edited by Crazylike : 08-22-2015 at 02:57 PM

Ok let me clarify my response a bit better..

I've rarely used kill shot, mend pet and occasionally (in tougher instances) feign death but I have found that most things don't survive long enough for the other stuff to be needed..
    For example... Today I just dinged 85, which was achieved on my second run of lost city of the Tol'vir. In the instance all the non bosses where killed by multi shot spam. Bosses by arcane shot and kill command. I admit that I had to also use stampede on the final boss, I think I only had to Rez a pet once.. (Pets are.. Dog, Bear, Raptor, Boar and Dragonhawk, which covers most buffs).
    I could probably have cast kill shot as well, but with the spirt link healing, I don't really need it.

Now I know that late on misdirection and disengage are needed, but I have not had the call to use them (and I've run most of the instances up to 85).

I have seen most of the hunter macros, tried a few, but at the end of the day, I spam 3-4 buttons.. It seems to work ok for me..

Quote Originally Posted by Crazylike View Post
    No Kill Shot? No Steady Shot? No Misdirection? No Disengage? I use all of these all the time, but I assume there is no way to bundle them together somehow. I am doing dungeons, alone, with my 3 hunters, probably a bit harder than doing quests.
    I always just had /cast kill shot at the end of all my macros. Seemed to work just fine.
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

Quote Originally Posted by mikekim View Post
    Ok let me clarify my response a bit better..

I've rarely used kill shot, mend pet and occasionally (in tougher instances) feign death but I have found that most things don't survive long enough for the other stuff to be needed..
    For example... Today I just dinged 85, which was achieved on my second run of lost city of the Tol'vir. In the instance all the non bosses where killed by multi shot spam. Bosses by arcane shot and kill command. I admit that I had to also use stampede on the final boss, I think I only had to Rez a pet once.. (Pets are.. Dog, Bear, Raptor, Boar and Dragonhawk, which covers most buffs).
    I could probably have cast kill shot as well, but with the spirt link healing, I don't really need it.

Now I know that late on misdirection and disengage are needed, but I have not had the call to use them (and I've run most of the instances up to 85).

I have seen most of the hunter macros, tried a few, but at the end of the day, I spam 3-4 buttons.. It seems to work ok for me..
    You apparently multibox 5 Hunters, I see how that would be a lot easier. I only multibox 3 of them. I did a few runs in BRD and my pets kept dying and a few times I actually died myself. Some of the large packs of humanoids were really tough even though I spammed Multi-Shot, Beastial Wrath and Kill Command. If I had 5 Hunters I imagine I would have no problem though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xixillia View Post
    I always just had /cast kill shot at the end of all my macros. Seemed to work just fine.
    Ill try this and see how it works, ty.

Also. Do you guys use mouse to enable Aspects, to Mount up and such? What annoys me a little bit is that I need to set up hotkeys and stuff on the menus for my mouse to work. Maybe mouse repeater is what im looking for, I should probably research this.

Edit: Just tried a macro like /cast Arcane Shot; /cast Kill Shot but Kill Shot is never used even though it is avilable, just keeps auto shooting. Maybe I need to add something to the macro for it to work.
    Last edited by Crazylike : 08-23-2015 at 06:08 AM

I find with my MM hunter kill shot goes off.. but due to my 1 BM hunter having a bit more going on in her macro it rarely goes off.. you also have to consider if it goes off on 1-2 of them it wont be able to go off on the rest as the target will be dead.

Sorry for late reply, I have had a lot of crap going down recently.. (just lost a pregnancy) but I'm boxing a Tank druid, x2 MM hunters, x1 BM ( will be for lust) and a disc priest and I love it. I will share my lvl 50 macros that I am using atm:

MM single:

Code:
    /assist 
    /castsequence reset=5 Aimed Shot, steady Shot, steady Shot, steady Shot, steady Shot, 
    /cast [combat] kill shot
    MM aoe:

Code:
    /assist 
    /castsequence reset=6 steady Shot,multi-Shot,steady Shot,steady shot, multi-shot
    /cast [combat] intimidation
    BM Single:

Code:
    /assist 
    /castsequence reset=5 Arcane Shot, Kill Command, steady Shot, steady Shot, steady Shot,  arcane Shot,
    /cast [combat] focus fire
    /cast [combat] kill shot
    BM AOE:

Code:
    /assist /castsequence  reset=6 Kill Command,multi-Shot,multi-Shot,Arcane Shot, multi-shot
    /cast [combat] intimidation
    I am finding that MM is doing better single target and BM on AOE.

I also have a couple of Guardian macro I am using:

Bear single:

Code:
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=7 Lacerate,Thrash, Lacerate, Thrash, Lacerate, Thrash
    /cast !Mangle
    /cast Maul
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]

Bear aoe:

Code:
    /castsequence reset=5 thrash,Maul, Thrash, Thrash,Thrash, Thrash,
    I do have Maul on it's own button as well to pick up tooth and claw procs.

This with holy nova bound to the aoe keybind of the others makes for a very fun grp - the Priest has other macros.. one for the tank and one with /assist my tank to heal individual party members that need it.. I have all the other hunter stuff like traps on their own button. I always write macros and use them in game.. I use ISboxer for key passing and window switching only.
    Last edited by Andreauk : 08-23-2015 at 12:44 PM

I have not played hunters in a while, but plan on leveling some as I want to try the new survival melee hunters in the next expansion. But i have always had kill shot in the macro AND on a few other buttons that get spammed. I do that with any execution type skill and or proced abilities. Seems to ensure they goes off most the time.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )