Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Default 5 Hunters in Blackrock Caverns

My first video & commentary (hopefully the commentary will get better)
    Also made quite a few mistakes in the run. I was concerning myself with the narrative and was off my game hopefully I can get more accustomed to doing both at the same time and smooth things out

https://youtu.be/W1uWACAIUNo

Also as a side note I was thinking of doing a full series of videos on a team. From lvl 1-85 (as I am in Raf right now so I am stopping at 85 to lvl as many teams as possible during Raf link)
    The first video would be lvl 1-10, and after that its all dungeon grinding for me. It would be a video per run
    So it would be a kind of ride along you get to see all the victories AND the failures
    If there is any interest in this just let me know I think it would be kinda cool but its a large time sink if no one watches...lol
    Also gives me some practice at making Vids before I lvl cap and start doing more endgame type content

Oh snap! I didn't hear you call out A-aron in this one. haha
    I will be back on that grind hard this sat/sun last few days I have been either busy or passing out due to working like a rented mule.

The volume on the video was incredibly low... I mean, super, super low. I had to turn up my speakers to the absolute max in order to hear what you were saying. In addition to that, the rest of the video seemed fine. It's always difficult to talk about things—especially when you're in an instance that is several years old and it's all been seen and done—but it is what it is. I will say that I like the formation and I'm going to use it myself in the future.

Personally, I almost try to not watch these types of videos because when I  finally get around to multiboxing them in the second half of 2019, I don't want to feel like I'm repeating what someone else has said already... as if I'm ripping them off. However, I do end up watching them because I like to see how people handle the instances, boss mechanics, their UI setup, etc.

Unfortunately, I feel like Hunters are so over-done these days, and that's probably because they're so easy and straightforward (and forgiving) to play. It seems that Hunter pets end up dealing with most of the mechanics of a fight, which allows the Hunters themselves to just cruise through the encounter since the pets take such little damage overall. For me, this isn't all that exciting to watch because I like to see how people handle these mechanics with their team, and how well they are at using their multitasking skills, as a multiboxer, to overcome the encounter.

All in all, if you continue to make them, I'm sure people will continue to watch them (including myself), but because multiboxing isn't super popular (and still fairly unknown after all these years), you're unlikely going to reach some incredibly high view count on the videos—That's just the way it is.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

i quite liked the video, the formation u showed is quite cool, the sound was incredibly low as mirai mentioned but i used "loudness equalization" and it was fine after that.
    The cometary was fine for first time and with time comes confidence.

ultimately the more people see multiboxers doing PVE content and being "a part of the community" the less people will dislike it/us IMO.

I will most definitely be looking for more video's, keep up the good work!.

I just got my warrior, x3 hunters and priest to 100 and while they worked ok I really want 5 hunters.. I was doing throne of thunder the other day with them and the Priest and Warrior were pretty useless tbh.. so now I have rolled x5 bm Belf hunters.. I'm blaming you guys and your movies!

Quote Originally Posted by shaypshyfter View Post
    i quite liked the video, the formation u showed is quite cool, the sound was incredibly low as mirai mentioned but i used "loudness equalization" and it was fine after that.
    The cometary was fine for first time and with time comes confidence.

ultimately the more people see multiboxers doing PVE content and being "a part of the community" the less people will dislike it/us IMO.

I will most definitely be looking for more video's, keep up the good work!.
    Thanks, I know the sound is terrible and I have got a new mic already (though I do have several more videos recorded using the old mic)
    After I get all that stuff uploaded I will be starting a new team and I will be recording once I hit lvl 10 and get into RFC
    I know it might not be extremely entertaining to watch 5 Hunters just faceroll everything down (as MiRia said its been done)
    But I have a plan in store for all these Hunters
    And it lets people see how I do it in case they are interested in trying it out
    Everyone will do something different but I believe we can all learn and pick up new things from each other

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    I just got my warrior, x3 hunters and priest to 100 and while they worked ok I really want 5 hunters.. I was doing throne of thunder the other day with them and the Priest and Warrior were pretty useless tbh.. so now I have rolled x5 bm Belf hunters.. I'm blaming you guys and your movies!
    Glad to see someone get inspired
    Like I said I'll be uploading some more Hunter goodness soon
    I have also done the trinity style teams (and plan to do more) but nothing quite compares to the fun of 5 Hunters FOR ME

You guys And gals can check out my youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9_...r2c5ZuYu7HX5Mw

I have uploaded about half of the collaboration videos with Dushah the Druid and emitchell109 rockin tank and heals for the 3-box Hunters
    And the other half is on the way just a matter of enough time to upload it all between work and actually multi-boxing

Also you can see more over at emitchell109's youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDX...ZOOeBuJYiwNoBg

Again thanks for the interest in what we are doing hopefully we can help entertain some folks at least a little

Eek, I'm a little late to this thread, but I hope it's okay to post a reply here. I'm new to multiboxing so I don't know very much, but I wanted to say good job on your video. The volume was low but I guess the advantage was that overall all the volume was low; I've seen some videos where the commentary was quiet but WoW's sound effects were, well...not. You didn't have that problem at all.

If I could afford two more accounts I would definitely want to try a 5x hunter team. It looks like a lot of fun (and completely OP at the level you're playing at, but who's counting?). I noticed you had every character use a different pet, I assume for the buffs they offer? Is this hunter team intended for end-game use or are you just leveling like classes to 85 while RAF is active because it's the simplest way to go about doing it? Or maybe both?

One other (possibly dumb) question: are your other windows set behind your main or just on another screen that you're not recording on? I confess I'm also a complete scrub when it comes to streaming/recording playing in-game, so there's that. Haha.

I'm assuming all five of your hunters are BM; have you ever considered a MM hunter team with glyphed Chimera Shot (for minor self-healing)? I only thought of it when I remembered that during Cata I used to solo VP and Stonecore as MM in hopes of getting the drakes to drop.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the video and your commentary was pretty good. Watching all five hunters disengage at once was admittedly pretty awesome, and your formation was pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    I'm assuming all five of your hunters are BM; have you ever considered a MM hunter team with glyphed Chimera Shot (for minor self-healing)?
    Why would you use a 2% heal that requires chimera shot and only heals you, when Spirit Bond provides a 2% heal to both you AND your pet, every 2 seconds, regardless of movement/combat/targets/status/etc.?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Good point. I feel pretty dumb, now. Back when I last played a hunter at cap it was still Cataclysm, and IIRC Spirit Bond wasn't implemented yet. (I could be wrong; my memory is terrible sometimes.) Thanks for the clarification; Chimera Shot is garbage compared to that kind of healing.

Edit to add, though, that MM hunters can also take Spirit Bond and Chimera Shot, so you could have both, but then you do lose your pets being as good at keeping things off of you, so BM might still be much more preferable.
    Last edited by Manna : 06-04-2015 at 10:52 PM

As Ugh says spirit bond is the way to go
    For all the reasons he said
    And because it doesn't need a chimera shot its just passive it heals between fights to keep you topped up

You are correct about the pet buffs though
    Later at lvl 100 you can get pets to cover all the main buffs plus bloodlust and a small heal from a spirit beast all in one 5 man team

The other 4 accounts that are not recorded are on a seconday screen to my left
    They are not recorded because the software targets the window that you tell it to

That team in that video is not meant for endgame
    They will be a farm team that runs older raids for the gold

There are however other teams that will be doing endgame raiding...or atleast trying to
    With Emitchell and another friend we will give it a go
    Just been talkin bout that today as a matter of a fact

Feel free to ask other questions Or give comments the community is very helpful

Hope this all looks good i answered the post from my phone and the tzt is so small proif reading is B