Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 40

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Tire View Post
    I feel the law of unintended consequences for blizzard.
    Do tell.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Do tell.
    Re-read my last sentence. Just because there was a banning of accounts doesnt mean botters are gone. It takes very little to be back up and running. There are 4-5 other programs that will produce the same result as this particular program that was targeted. However, most are just waiting for this particular program to be back up and undetectable again.

For some they will adapt and learn to write their own scripts understanding that they dont want to be reliant on auth server with a cool Ui. In turn making it much harder for blizzard to catch botters individually rather than a mass banning targeting a particular program.

By just playing around with profiles I learned alot by accident. Hell after a while(months) of playing around I found that I didnt even need isboxer anymore.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 05-17-2015 at 12:05 PM

A more effective approach would be to address the game mechanics that encourage people to bot in the first place.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    A more effective approach would be to address the game mechanics that encourage people to bot in the first place.
    Couldnt agree more.

Couldnt agree more.
    Of course, the problem with it is that WoW is a game designed to be a grind. The grind is how they get people to keep subscribing month after month. They will never actually address the true problem because its what lines their pockets. Bots are only a symptom.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Blog Entries

Zero had an interesting post about the ban wave:

http://abuseoftheeconomy.com/2015/05...uclear-option/

His hypothesis was that this was a shot across the bow at the bot program because they make their money selling botting and blizzard didn't like when a court case last week did not go their way. Interesting read either way.

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    Zero had an interesting post about the ban wave:

http://abuseoftheeconomy.com/2015/05...uclear-option/

His hypothesis was that this was a shot across the bow at the bot program because they make their money selling botting and blizzard didn't like when a court case last week did not go their way. Interesting read either way.
    Considering some of the curiously bittervet paragraphs, logical fallacies and charts that don't match actual data, I'm still trying to figure out what the point of that article was.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

This is kindof just a weak rehash of what everyone already knows:
    http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/05/...craft-players/

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    I don't buy that, you make it sounds as if there is just 1 big common reason why people bot. At the start of this expansion the most effective way to get full honor gear was to afk 4 hours in Ashran, yet battlegrounds were still filled with bots. It basically doesn't matter how much you reduce the grind, hell even completely remove it, people will always look for shortcuts in videogames, people will always try to get an edge in videogames. That has happened in every single videogame I've played.

Re-read my last sentence. Just because there was a banning of accounts doesnt mean botters are gone. It takes very little to be back up and running. There are 4-5 other programs that will produce the same result as this particular program that was targeted. However, most are just waiting for this particular program to be back up and undetectable again.

For some they will adapt and learn to write their own scripts understanding that they dont want to be reliant on auth server with a cool Ui. In turn making it much harder for blizzard to catch botters individually rather than a mass banning targeting a particular program.

By just playing around with profiles I learned alot by accident. Hell after a while(months) of playing around I found that I didnt even need isboxer anymore.
    Does it really matter that much that not all the bots will be gone? I mean if you do a random WsG and instead of 5 bots on your team you only have 1 or 2 now, then I'd argue that the overall playing experience has increased for the average player.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post

Does it really matter that much that not all the bots will be gone? I mean if you do a random WsG and instead of 5 bots on your team you only have 1 or 2 now, then I'd argue that the overall playing experience has increased for the average player.
    I cant speak with any knowledge regarding afk-bg/ashran botting.

To me it would make more sense to afk bot skirmishes for pvp gearing, but that is just me.

My posts were directed towards the combat/healing/cc rotations which are automated and movement/targeting is manual.