Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 40

Default Massive Ban Wave

Well i cannot confirm but rumor is that troll that makes us all look bad might be banned for 6 months.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

People were botting in LFR and stuff like that.. but anyway here we got this http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14628493470

Been watching some streams that had people talking about it. So far I'm hearing that it's mainly leveling bots, Kickbots (automatic interrupt for arena), and some bot that does your DPS rotation for you that are causing people to be banned. Although some people are claiming they have now been banned for using T-Morph as well, but can't confirm that one. Seem to recall hearing that we're talking hundreds of thousands of accounts getting banned so far. At least that is also what Kotaku managed to get a GM to confirm as well.

Good riddance is my 2 cents. Also good fun to hear them try to justify why their accounts being banned was injust and how it's everyone else's fault that they were botting to begin with.

Please do not mention bots by name; this forum has no desire to advertise for them.
    -MiRai
    Last edited by MiRai : 05-15-2015 at 10:09 AM

Yep there is like 90 pages now about it on MMO.

I am soo happy when I see these mass ban waves.
    I just do not get why it is only for 6 months and not forever.

they return if they want after 6 months with all gold etc whatever they had.

This is the same thing you see with any other banwave—Tons of people claiming their innocence and 99% of them are full of shit. People will claim it's because they bought cheap mounts off of the AH, or because of an add-on like GnomeSequencer, or Blizzard did some blanket ban on an IP address where someone else was playing their account, or whatever other crazy idea they can muster up, but I always find it entertaining to read the ridiculous excuses that people come up with. However, there is always the possibility of a false positive, but it seems like Blizzard may have been very accurate this time around.

Word on the internet is that Blizzard just lost a lawsuit against a bot maker in Europe, and that they were sitting on this information and waiting for the verdict of the trial before making a move. So, they've had this list of accounts for easily a few months, at least—This is, of course, just a rumor.

I do find it interesting that they're only handing out 6-month/72-hour bans for something that used to end up in a permanent ban. I guess one might assume that they fear of permanently losing more accounts after the large drop-off of subscribers in the first quarter. /shrug Either way, I just started up four new temp accounts last night to finish up an old RaF from months prior, so I added some active subscription numbers to the pool.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

GnomeSequencer isnt the problem then?
    Last edited by MiRai : 05-15-2015 at 12:27 PM Reason: Formatting

Quote Originally Posted by omegared View Post
    GnomeSequencer isnt the problem then?
    Blizzard doesn't ban for add-ons because they run in Blizzard's approved sandbox. If an add-on does something that Blizzard doesn't like, then they break the add-on by altering or disabling the functions that said add-on rely on.

Just like how Blizzard didn't ban anyone for comma-based timing macros in Wrath, "WoWLazyMacros" in Cataclysm or MoP, AVR in Wrath, or whatever other add-ons/functions have been disabled without anyone receiving a single ban—If Blizzard doesn't like what GnomeSequencer does, then they'll break it.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something wonderful has happened."
    Blizzard: Knock knock!
    Botter: Who's there?
    Blizzard: Not you for six months!
    This has been good for quite a few laughs.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I feel the law of unintended consequences for blizzard.

It only costs 5-8 bucks for battlechest, anytime of the year on G2A.com, just for just one example. Another 45 gains you a 90 and very little time investment in lvling(since it botted) gains you a lvl 100.

With that said the majority of botters used program/plugins as auto combat rotations bot which is harmless in it of itself. The code needed for just this part in general is much less intrusive.

The players who have taken the small amount of time to code their own combat routines have not been banned to my knowledge. I am not saying none of them, but the ones I know havent, including myself. I am not a coder at all by nature however it was pretty easy to find the all material needed for wow out there on the internet.

It seem that only the ones who using this particular program gateway were banned which apparently blizzard can now see on their machines in which in the previous five years they couldnt.

I feel that some of the lazy botters who just installed this particular program and then just added their choice of plugins will learn to write/modify .lua code themselves. Making it a hell of alot harder for blizzard and time unconducive.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 05-16-2015 at 01:20 PM

I miss all you douche bags btw. No homo or anything.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>