Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Question

Default Question

Has anyone been banned yet for the use of window tabbing function that isboxer provides? It's kind of discouraging seeing ToolofSociety run such a vanilla setup, just because he's so paranoid that he's going to get banned. I've been wanting to run multiboxed incursions since before the first eula changes were announced. The closer I get to my goal, the shittier it looks for my hopes and dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by neic112 View Post
    Has anyone been banned yet for the use of window tabbing function that isboxer provides? It's kind of discouraging seeing ToolofSociety run such a vanilla setup, just because he's so paranoid that he's going to get banned. I've been wanting to run multiboxed incursions since before the first eula changes were announced. The closer I get to my goal, the shittier it looks for my hopes and dreams.
    There was a 5-boxer who said he was not using broadcasting (both RR and straight) or VideoFX and got banned.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Quote Originally Posted by neic112 View Post
    Okay, ive sub'd tickets asking about the windows tabbing function and the use of hotkeys for specific client changes

TLR, try not to

E: 5 man guy using isboxer getting banned makes sense

long version is, according to the replies from GM's regarding isboxer, changing clients by changing the way alt tab works, is okay...sort of...not really...no
    using 3rd party programs to line clients up and such is okay, (hence eve-o) now we use the same features using ISBoxer but theres a risk of running ISB and eve at the same time and being too efficient.

Idk how i feel about believing some one getting banned for not using ISB and running clients vanilla and getting banned...seems like bullshit

The reason you see people like ToS and other opting out of ISBoxer - Lord's recently quit using ISB and swapped to EVE-O as well - is that if you run ISB and EVE at the same time, they can ban you whenever they want and claim you were doing something illegal

If you wish to multibox, and run incursions specifically, do not use ISBoxer

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    Okay, ive sub'd tickets asking about the windows tabbing function and the use of hotkeys for specific client changes

TLR, try not to

E: 5 man guy using isboxer getting banned makes sense

long version is, according to the replies from GM's regarding isboxer, changing clients by changing the way alt tab works, is okay...sort of...not really...no
    using 3rd party programs to line clients up and such is okay, (hence eve-o) now we use the same features using ISBoxer but theres a risk of running ISB and eve at the same time and being too efficient.
    Idk how i feel about believing some one getting banned for not using ISB and running clients vanilla and getting banned...seems like bullshit
    The reason you see people like ToS and other opting out of ISBoxer - Lord's recently quit using ISB and swapped to EVE-O as well - is that if you run ISB and EVE at the same time, they can ban you whenever they want and claim you were doing something illegal
    If you wish to multibox, and run incursions specifically, do not use ISBoxer
    Should tell that to the EVE-O guy as he thinks that is allowed.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

As in, the ISBoxer press hotkey to cycle through clients, not, click on preview box that may as well be a moveable taskbar

E: also i asked specifically about EVE-O, should be okay, but hotkeys coming into it...ehhhh

I've used a program called windowtabs in the past. Pretty simple software. It's like tabs for browsers except it groups up programs. Most notably it allows you set key binds that you can use to tab between the windows.

Could CCP detect I'm using this at all? Would it just be like vanilla?

Pic related is how it looks like. tabs.jpg

That...looks very nice and i sort of want it now

My initial response is...no that should not get you banned

However CCP is currently only really stating that all 3rd party programs are not supported by CCP

Put in a ticket, and see what they say, don't be discouraged by the copy paste messagethat i expect you to receive, press the issue and see how you go

Don't use ISBoxer if you can help it though, its not safe to use it regardless of what you do with it, maybe a year later when we have proper answers to some questions
    Last edited by thedevilyouknow : 05-13-2015 at 01:25 PM

A word of warning though, which I really should've mentioned in that post, is that it's paid software. I think it's like $20 to unlock it. And in the trail version, you can only group up 3 instances at once. Still made my mining a lot cleaner back in the day.

Don't use ISBoxer if you can help it though, its not safe to use it regardless of what you do with it, maybe a year later when we have proper answers to some questions
    People are still using ISBoxer without issue in EVE Online. Please stop spreading false information.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Where is the false information

I am sure there are people still using ISBoxer

I am also sure it is not safe to use ISBoxer, not that they would get banned

In the same way I am sure some people get into steel cages in seas swarming with sharks, however I am allowed to say that it definitely is "NOT SAFE" to do so
    Playing more than one account in EVE is not safe.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)