Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Roland Crusader + Sweep Attack...

It seems that some skilled guys can push their Roland Crusaders (Sweep Attack template) very high.

I tried that setup at the beginning of 2.2 but I couldn't make it work because of the ressource issues (even with 50% reduction from Laws of Valor + Unstoppable Force). But maybe I missed something? Anybody is running that template at the moment ?

The ressource issues occur when hitting a single target, obviously when clearing trashes before the Rift Guardian, it's a massacre.

I never saw what was the big deal with it. Sweep attack costs 20 wrath. With Unstoppable Force costs 10. With 10% RCR from Paragon and 2 items with 8% RCR, lets say gloves and shoulders, it will go down to 8 per cast. A well rolled Golden Flense will restore 6 wrath per enemy hit and u have a base wrath regen of 2.5 per second. On top of that, u have Akarat Champion that can be used whenever u are running low on wrath. Add Provoke and the Templar and u are good to go (no templar for us multiboxers tho).

I don't see how can u have Wrath issues at all, even against single targets. Worse case scenario will be a long fight against a RG that has 0 adds, in which case u just need to pace yourself, time your AC or add a little wrath regen somewhere. Obviously the Golden Flense is the key item here, but still is not that hard to achieve.

From the leaderboards, some ppl are going with RCR and some others are just going with CDR and having 1 part with wrath regen which also makes sense since 16% RCR from items will only reduce 1 wrath while adding more regen will pretty much cover all your wrath needs.
    Last edited by Devile : 05-06-2015 at 02:10 AM

Hum there is also another thing, those dudes are destroying trashes chaining 1B+ crits on everything at very high speed, because they have 5 stacks of damage bonus from the shield... But on a single target (like some Rift Guardians), they are down to 350-400M per crit, which is good, but not that good.

I have a complete set of Roland on all 4 of my characters, but I don't have any Golden Flenzes (let alone ancient ones) and I'm sort of lazy farming them. Ah well...

Not really. They hit for 1B+ only when Convention of Elements rotates to Lightning and they get the 200% bonus damage. The 5 stacks are always there, regardless of single or multiple targets, since its per hit and with the insane attack speed, u get 5 stacks in a couple seconds anyway. Sure, multiple targets help getting 5 stacks faster, but it won't make much difference against the RG.

Nope Dude, 1 target = 1 stack, 3 targets = 3 stacks. You can see how it works with the Rift Guardian fight, which is the Skeleton King, which pops some adds, in this video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJnhndHFseQ

I'm talking of Sweep Attack stacks, not Roland stacks, right ?

But also you are right about CoE. And I noticed that CoE has only 4 elements for a Crusader. Physical is not included in the rotation.
    Last edited by Cmoidudu : 05-07-2015 at 03:10 AM

Ohhhh yeah No, I was talking about Rolland Stacks yes, u are right about the Sweep stacks.

Physical is part of CoE rotation for Crusaders. U get Fire, Light, Holy and Physical.
    Last edited by Devile : 05-07-2015 at 09:58 AM