Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default Octopus - connecting multiple pc's

DEUTSCHE VERSION: http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...044#post398044

Hello everyone, I've been trying out various multiboxing softwares and decided to stay at octopus, since it is freeware and can do everything i need. Since there is no website or anything about it on the internet (at least i can't find it, took me forever to atleast find a download), but after a few months I figured out some stuff. The only thing I can't get to work is connecting multiple pc's. I have my old pc right next to my new one (meaning they're in the same local network), but I don't know how to set it up. I'd like to use it for MMORPG AION because aion won't let you run more than 2 clients at once. Is anyone out there who still uses octopus and knows how to set this up? please let me know below or contact me via skype ---> chris20194,5
    Last edited by chris20194 : 05-04-2015 at 12:36 PM

Probably just firewall issues; make sure you allow it (you'll want to go into the firewall config and make sure it's open for outgoing AND incoming).
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Probably just firewall issues; make sure you allow it (you'll want to go into the firewall config and make sure it's open for outgoing AND incoming).
    ty for quick reply, but how do i do that?

I'll check when I get home later to see what the port is. I don't recall off the top of my head.

I'll check when I get home later to see what the port is. I don't recall off the top of my head.
    i think thats not necessary any more, seems like the problem is that octopus wont work on my old pc at all (hotkeys only work when octopus is focused and its not broadcasting)

You probably have it misconfigured. I've used it on XP, Vista and Win7 on multiple PCs. Be sure your keyboard whitelist/blacklist option is set correctly. I had an old guide on this somewhere; I'll see if I can find it tonight.

If I recall correctly, I had my set up for Whitelist Only and added my combat keys (0-9, qwert, zxcvb, arrow keys) only. My mother used it successfully on Win7 up until I got her an ISBoxer sub for her Birthday last year.

You probably have it misconfigured. I've used it on XP, Vista and Win7 on multiple PCs. Be sure your keyboard whitelist/blacklist option is set correctly. I had an old guide on this somewhere; I'll see if I can find it tonight.

If I recall correctly, I had my set up for Whitelist Only and added my combat keys (0-9, qwert, zxcvb, arrow keys) only. My mother used it successfully on Win7 up until I got her an ISBoxer sub for her Birthday last year.
    Your mother is a multiboxer? LOL

back to topic, I don't think it's a misconfiguration because as long as i focus the octopus window (or something else exept the game)I can use the hotkey to toggle keybroadcasting. but as soon as I focus a different window (no matter if its the game or somethng random) I am no longer able to toggle it for some reason...

-----EDIT-----

I now tried it on my borthers pc which has the exact same issue; the hotkeys for the toggles stop working as soon as I focus on of the game clients (even if i turn it on and then go to the game it wont broadcast). Both, my old and my brothers pc are using a copy of my main pc's game client and octopus client, and all pc's are running on the same system (Win7Prof64bitSP1). So before I even try connecting all the pc's i need to get octopus running on them at all. Any ideas how to fix this?
    Last edited by chris20194 : 05-05-2015 at 12:02 PM

Nothing comes to mind. You are running it as administrator, right?

FYI, I've had a copy of 1.3.8a stashed for a while. http://www.l00py.net/Octopus_1.3.8a.zip It does have the PDF documentation that came with it at one point, and it might be newer than your copy (there were a few buggy builds in the 1.2.x and early 1.3.x days). Some of it is out of date possibly but it's the best I could find.

Nothing comes to mind. You are running it as administrator, right?

FYI, I've had a copy of 1.3.8a stashed for a while. http://www.l00py.net/Octopus_1.3.8a.zip It does have the PDF documentation that came with it at one point, and it might be newer than your copy (there were a few buggy builds in the 1.2.x and early 1.3.x days). Some of it is out of date possibly but it's the best I could find.
    yes, I am running as admin. I am already using the 1.3.8a build (found it in the video description of a wow tutorial) but I couldn't find anything helpful in the PDF yet...

The problem is likely Aion. It doesn't seem to be a very friendly game when it comes to getting multiboxing programs to 'hook' onto its game clients. My guess is that you're going to need to try something more "powerful" and up to date like AutoHotKey (free, no idea if it works with Aion), HotKeyNet (free, no idea if it works with Aion), or ISBoxer (not free, but works with Aion), in order to multibox Aion.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology