Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Im moving the first steps, and I'd like to ask a few noobish questions

Hi all,
    I'm new to both the forum and multiboxing, so I hope you won't be mad if my questions are noobs.

Of course I've already did my research and browsed your forum and your great guides (Khat's ones were especially useful), and I managed to make work a first simple script on hotkeynet, after setting the main macros. After doing a few try I think I'm ready to start with my first team, so here my questions:

• I'll be using dual boxing to power level a couple of characters using the raf system. I was thinking of making a mage (master) and a paladin (slave). When dual boxing, every time that I press 1, my slave press 1 too. Would it be possible to make that when I press 1 only my master casts, and when I press ALT+1 only my slave casts? (the main idea would be to use paladin just for buffs and heals - to keep it simple)
    • About raf: I'd like to make them different races, blood elf paladin and another one for the mage. Will I be able to summon the belf to the other starting area, or I have to exp them separately till lvl 5?
    • If I keep pressed the "ò" key I will be able to send mouse inputs to my slave. Do you think it will suffice to make him gather things or mine ores?

I think I have explained my goals with dual boxing, so if anyone have any suggestion outside of the questions I made, feel free to tell me.

1. I gather you're using HotKeyNet. If you don't want to send a key, then you would exclude it from the hotkey list. It's covered in my HotKeyNet guide, about a third of the way down under "Section 6 - Defining Hotkeys" and the subsection Changing the Sent keys

http://genus-industri.us/wp/2011/09/...tarter-script/

2. You should be able to summon, but I can't be 100% on that. I don't think you can summon to Goblin, DK, Panda or any of those newbie phased areas, but maybe you can summon out? And I think in some cases you need more reputation to see the quests - I think my Undead had issues getting quests in the Orc newbie areas because of rep at one point. That shouldn't be too much of an issue though.

3. Yes, the mouse passing is sufficient to gather and mine if you have the patience to set it up.

http://genus-industri.us/wp/2011/11/...ipt-v2-part-5/

It is even good enough to fish on a whole team at once.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/entries/122-Khat-Fishing
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

I would be alot easier to drive with the paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    3. Yes, the mouse passing is sufficient to gather and mine if you have the patience to set it up.

http://genus-industri.us/wp/2011/11/...ipt-v2-part-5/
    Thanks for the reply! I didn't notice it at first... I see that you're like the goddess of multiboxing, so it's nice to see that you still take time to help new people
    Anyway, about gathering, at first I tried the mouse passing way with HKN, but I was having some trouble clicking on the right spot (something with the salve camera is the issue i think). I have partially resolved by setting up PiP. I just click on the smaller screen and it's done.

Now I just have to properly set up my Jamba addon. The most important features are good to go (I'm leveling without problems) but I'd still like to tweak it to my likeness a bit (for example I just can't set my master to manually accept/complete quests, and my slave to do everything automatically. It's either both auto or both manual). I posted in the Jamba thread but i got deleted dont know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    I would be alot easier to drive with the paladin.
    Yes, that's what I ended up doing. It just came naturally after a few mobs slained
    Last edited by Rasko : 05-10-2015 at 03:42 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Rasko View Post
    I posted in the Jamba thread but i got deleted dont know why.
    You have not had any posts removed by any moderator on this forum, and the last post removed from any JAMBA thread was prior to your registration on this site.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology