Close
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Showing results 171 to 180 of 380

Thread: Grinder

why the rattlesnakes tough? domis have better dps application due to the insane bonus they get...
    i never personally tried the rattles, just wondering why you guys say its better

and since you are discussing prices, a fitted domi is something like 1/2 of a fitted rattle

Probably shouldnt've said "better", you're right.

I chose rattlers for the extra midslots and drone damage bonus over the Domis. It's been a while since i actually looked at the fittings post nerf so I'm probably off. I'll look at my pyfa as soon as i get coffee into me.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Thanks Kin for reminding me to update this.

Rattler I used to test:
    [Rattlesnake, VG Fleet]

Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
    Armor Explosive Hardener II
    Armor Kinetic Hardener II
    Drone Damage Amplifier II

Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script
    Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Tracking Speed Script

Drone Link Augmentor I
    Drone Link Augmentor I
    [Empty High slot]
    [Empty High slot]
    [Empty High slot]
    [Empty High slot]

Large Anti-Thermic Pump I
    Large Anti-EM Pump I
    Large Trimark Armor Pump I

Garde II x2
    84.4k EHP, 648 DPS, Gardes 33.1km + 62.5km, 0.0645 tracking. 393m ISK.

Dominix I used to test:
    [Dominix, Box]

Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

Drone Link Augmentor I
    Drone Link Augmentor I
    Drone Link Augmentor I
    Drone Link Augmentor I
    [Empty High slot]
    [Empty High slot]

Large Anti-EM Pump I
    Large Anti-Thermic Pump I
    Large Trimark Armor Pump I

Garde II x5
    Bouncer II x5
    62.2k EHP, 685 DPS, Gardes 43.7km + 57.6km, 0.0757 tracking. 241m ISK.

TL;DR: Domi > Rattler for Loki VG fleet doctrine (1-2 logi, 1 Loki/Huginn, X sentry dps)

Dunno why I thought Rattler was better. Basically, the Domi's 37.5% hull bonus to optimal and tracking out-weighs the Rattler's extra midslot.
    At Level 5, the Domi has a 50% bonus drone damage, while the Rattler has a flat 275% bonus to 2 Sentries, which somehow equals out on PYFA, though for reasons my Smirnoff-ridden brain cannot fathom right now. If you can squeeze a 4th DDA out on the Rattler, they both have the same DPS.

Domi has 15 larger sig, 65 lower cargo, 0.1 faster align time, stronger capacitor capacity / regen.
    Domi can carry 3 sets of Sentries, Rattler can carry 3.5 sets. Domi also has mildly better Kinetic armor resist at a cost of a mildly lower Thermic armor resist.
    Domi's also more gank-proof, both in terms of ISK, and in terms of pirate calculations.

Kin would also like me to say that you don't need 3x opti for most sites.
    Last edited by bugme143 : 07-21-2015 at 10:49 PM
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Since I am extremely bored, I did Guardian vs Nestor, cheapo version.

[Guardian, Guardian]

Corpii A-Type Adaptive Nano Plating
    Coreli A-Type EM Plating
    Corpii A-Type Thermic Plating
    1600mm Steel Plates II
    Damage Control II

ECCM - Radar II
    ECCM - Radar II

Large Remote Armor Repairer II
    Large 'Regard' Remote Capacitor Transmitter

Medium Ancillary Current Router II
    Medium Ancillary Current Router II

55k EHP, 426.5 hp/s, 272m ISK.

[Nestor, Nestor]

Capacitor Power Relay II
    Armor Thermic Hardener II
    1600mm Steel Plates II
    Damage Control II

Sensor Booster II
    ECCM - Magnetometric II
    Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II

Large Remote Repair Augmentor I

121k EHP, 1024 hp/s, 1.046b isk

Implants used in both fits:

Genolution Core Augmentation CA-1 - 160m
    Genolution Core Augmentation CA-2 - 147m
    Inherent Implants 'Squire' Power Grid Management EG-605 - 120m isk

If you don't want to use these, swap the T2 reppers for Meta 4 in the Guardian fit.
    I used T1 LRRA rigs on the Nestor because T2 are 146m each.

Now for the comparison:
    Guardian is cheap as balls, fit can be reproduced 3 times with some spare change for the cost of the Nestor. Small sig plus high means it takes less of a beating.
    The Nestor has 80k more EHP, can field a set of heavies or sentries, and doesn't require specialized implants or skills.

You can solo Nestor, but it requires either a really good fleet comp, a ton of ISK, or a penchant for gray hairs.
    Or for CCP to listen to logic and reason.

Hey guys. I was researching something and this site popped up, so I thought I'd check in and share a little. I've been playing Eve for about a year and a half now. I currently live in a C5 (no effect) and multi-box capital escalations. Basically it's the single dread technique where you warp in the dread, kill the escalation, and then warp in additional caps to further escalate. If you do all 4 waves (just the guardians) it's 580m/site in blue loot. It takes about 35m to clear a site and initiate warp to the next site, so that's about 1b/hour. This does not count setup time which is at least 15m.

I know that 1b/hour sounds great, but the startup costs and startup time are quite high. Once you get everything humming, it's not too bad, but it's also a high amount of danger as wormholers are looking for people doing this and are quite adept at capturing caps.

Good luck!

Yeah. A friend also multiboxes C5s, but he does the Loki+archon+Moros thing. There's also been considerable talk in our in-game channels of solo Phoenix, but none of us save one guy has good enough capital skills to try it, and I don't know if he's tried it.
    There's a video of a solo Phoenix running a C5 site here:

IIRC he's in a WR in the video, which means penalty to shield tanking.
    I'd happily pay someone to live in their C4/5 and farm their sites. All they'd have to do is work the POSs and manage PI. I'd give em a cut of the profits from sites

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    There's also been considerable talk in our in-game channels of solo Phoenix, but none of us save one guy has good enough capital skills to try it, and I don't know if he's tried it.
    I dunno if you're referring to me, but yes, I have. It's ok.

Also, 1b/hour with over 4 capitals solo running escalations if godawful abysmal. You need to work your shit out, that's too slow and pretty awful isk/h for the amount of isk you're investing.

Your sites shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes on the SUPER SLOW side, giving you at least 2b/hour conservatively.

Also, that's something I hadn't thought of. If people want to hire me on as a "guide" or middleman w/e, I'm more than happy to help folks setup a jew hole, and run the POS or w/e for them in exchange for rent/constant %.

EDIT: Speaking of which, selling 4 spare chars.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default...09&find=unread

In case anyone needs some very solid high quality alts with super conspicuous names.
    Last edited by LordsServant : 08-06-2015 at 04:19 PM

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    downsizing account numbers
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

You's a dick for using a Pinkie Pie gif. ;(

Also, looks like 1 down, for at least 5b (need to talk with him).

Hey he could....idk...play WoW

Plex why you no go down

Also fozziesov