Close
Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Showing results 91 to 100 of 380

Thread: Grinder

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    I don't always nerf or change the wrong thing, but when I do, I'm CCP.
    *I'm CCP Fozzie.

always nerfing drones because of ishtars. what do they expect when they let a cruiser use battleship weapons with no averse effects?
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    always nerfing drones because of ishtars. what do they expect when they let a cruiser use battleship weapons with no averse effects?
    Best part is? They're nerfing Gardes the hardest, when 99% of Ishtar fleets don't use them after the previous nerfs.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

So, in terms of this thread I have 7 toons to play with and I currently run dual basi's and 5 vexor navies in WH space. I kind of want to try incursions but don't think I have enough peeps/dps. My question is can I solo RR Marauder with 6 armor vexor navies and do fine or should I run a different setup?

I don't think that'd work. VNIs wouldn't have enough tank to survive. You can do 2 basis + loki + rattlers for VGs though, and that works pretty decently.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

I'll try that once I earn the isk for it. I am bad and spend most of the isk I earn quickly lol. I am testing out dual RR shield Domi's and just adding more Gila's as I buy them for my alts. Super scalable and fairly easy in c3 sites. I think those are becoming the most efficient for me at the moment with my current toon setup. I just use one of the domi's as a DDD and then have the other domi rep and cap him while he caps back and reps the entire group and chooses targets.

I agree with bugme. I've ran a vexor in my fleet before and it was pretty squishy. A fleet of vexors would require at least two solid logi ships.

I'm starting to expect some kind of nerf to drone assist if not outright removal of the mechanic.

The nerf to gardes basically did nothing to my incursion setup. I don't alpha stuff off the field quite as well during the first wave but once I get all teh drones assigned it's business as usual (with 3x tracking 2x optimal scripts). The mara takes a bit longer now

Quote Originally Posted by Tool of Society View Post
    The nerf to gardes basically did nothing to my incursion setup. I don't alpha stuff off the field quite as well during the first wave but once I get all teh drones assigned it's business as usual (with 3x tracking 2x optimal scripts). The mara takes a bit longer now
    CCP was attempting to hit the Ishtar fleets..... yet they forgot that Ishtar fleets use Bouncers and Curators instead of Gardes because Ishtar fleets are nano kite, not brawlers...

Quote Originally Posted by Tool of Society View Post
    I agree with bugme. I've ran a vexor in my fleet before and it was pretty squishy. A fleet of vexors would require at least two solid logi ships.

I'm starting to expect some kind of nerf to drone assist if not outright removal of the mechanic.

How does the loki fair in place of the paladin? Also, would you mind sharing that fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobsalt View Post
    How does the loki fair in place of the paladin? Also, would you mind sharing that fit?
    Positives
    The loki warps at 3 au/s without a rig while the paladin with a t2 warp rig does 2.8 au/s.
    The loki takes noticeable less damage because of the 82m signature and the 97 emp and 88 therm resists (the kinetic/exposive damage done by sansha are torps and torps can't apply much damage to such a tiny sig).
    Costs 900m less than the paladin.
    Locks up targets twice as fast.
    Provides far longer web reach (47 KM with fed webs).

Downsides
    Can be jammed which is fortunately quite rare at 31.6 sensor strength.
    I have to pay attention to repping the loki. This isn't much of a downside as the loki usually can go through multiple sites before hitting <50% armor.

One downside for me personally is that when I didn't feel like playing alone I could always team up with other maruader pilots and use the paladin with them. THe loki has no use outside of my fleet with it's current setup.

I can't include an image of my build because of some quota limit.

http://i.imgur.com/BbbAreh.jpg
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 06-08-2015 at 09:09 PM