Close
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 380

Thread: Grinder

Default Grinder

New place for non-specific methods for how multiboxers are generating isk post J1st

Honorable mentions:
    - Burners
    - Incursion scouts - Multiple videos of these being ran, with and without ISBoxer, also certain builds are now less effective
    - Wormhole sites - Don't see too many videos of these being multiboxed, specifically do not SEE any escalation multiboxing videos so my curiosity is endless

Other
    - PI multiboxed sounds painful, and the process of multiple characters does not change how the process is done
    - Ratting in Null
    - Mining....yeah

I'm sure i have missed many, so can any others think of any new ways to do X activities
    Also feel free to post videos of multiboxing post J1st (Looking at you Tools)

Currently grinding Vanguards with a paladin ddd 7 domis 2 nestors 1 ore dropper/scout and a perfect booster. I am training the characters to make some changes in composition but that's still a month out.

I have recently created some videos showing all my screens. I won't be doing this again unless I can find a way to decrease the performance hit of the screen capture program. The system lag was slowing me down in many ways from not registering clicks to the overall jerky and inconsistent performance of mouse movements. The extra time required for the setting up of the recordings combined with the extra site times caused by poor system performance resulted in far fewer sites then normal for an evening. Frustrations with settings and system lag caused me to be distracted so I made many mistakes in each video that I normally wouldn't of done. Having said that lets get on with the show.

OTA with a standing warp from essentially the tick of the site before. So this is basically tick to tick with a 70 AU warp to site included.

NMC with the fleet having just gotten into warp at about 57 AU from the next site.

NCO with the fleet sitting at the gate. I only had one NCO recording because I tend to avoid them.

These are videos of just my DPS in action.

OTA (old setup more expensive)

NMC (new setup far cheaper)

NCO (old setup)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZahhEjfAso

because im curious, estimated Isk/h assuming you're on your game?

drone assist in sanctums, decent isk for ratting and the effort involved.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    because im curious, estimated Isk/h assuming you're on your game?
    FOr me it varies wildly depending on competition and spawns. There was one night the other day I had a system all to myself and I kept getting OTA spawns. So for almost 2 hours solid I had a 7.5 minute tick average.

Generally ticks spread from 7.2-10 minutes.

729m to 972m an hour depending on competition and all that.

The domis are t2 with two t1 resist rigs and a t2 warp speed rig.
    The nestors are about 1.5b each (t2 except for one imperial EANM)
    The Paladin is all t2 except for 2 federation navy webs, 2 republic TPs, and the corpus x-type LAR (fit for <40% influence)
    The Astarte is t2 except for an imperial EANM

The three top videos were really annoying to do because of the system lag. Clicks were failing to register mouse movements were inconsistent. Between the frustration of control issues and making sure my screen recorders and such worked properly I ended up doing rather poorly at times when running the sites. In order to be optimal at controlling the setup I have to basically loop through a series of thoughts so I don't accidentally leave the ddd not firing while I'm deploying drones as I did in the OTA video.
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 04-30-2015 at 07:30 PM

If you chuck your paladin fit into EFT with the links running whats the repping EHP?

2459 HP/s in bastion with current skills

2623 HP/s with all Vs

881 HP/s out of bastion with current skills

939 HP/s with all Vs

The paladin pilot doesn't have marauder V or all the armor comp skills at V (IV and Vs).

I don't even remember the last time I had to use a nestor rep on the paladin. Local tank is good enough to take most waves OUT of bastion mode. Although as you know some of the waves can be brutal and when they focus on the paladin I have to either toss a few reps or use bastion.

Highest I've done with this fit is 47% influence and I kept it in bastion mode for most of those sites.

I can refit for with more bling to push the self rep up to 3000something HPS but I only do that for high influence. All the ships get a bigger tank for high influence though.

cap stability?

Looking to get into incursions again without using isboxer

It's absolutely stable. There have been fits where it wasn't stable but it had a good 30 minutes of cap even then so it was basically stable.

I ended up giving up on having the paladin as real dps and went for utility modules in place of dps.

DDUpn4E.jpg
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 04-30-2015 at 11:20 PM

Paladin has trouble applying damage where it really matters when you're multiboxing a vanguard

Very nice pic with the fits