Close
Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Showing results 161 to 170 of 380

Thread: Grinder

I tossed the vindi and grabbed a tachmare to do further tests tonight. Since I had been questioned prior about performance under influence (in game :P) I'm going to post some new videos.

Start off with the fit of the new addition

[Nightmare, VG t2 tach armor cheap]
    Heat Sink II
    Heat Sink II
    Heat Sink II
    1600mm Steel Plates II
    Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
    Damage Control II

Republic Fleet Target Painter
    Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
    Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
    Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
    Tracking Computer II, Tracking Speed Script
    Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script
    Tracking Computer II, Tracking Speed Script

Tachyon Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency L
    Auto Targeting System II
    [empty high slot]

Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
    Large Energy Discharge Elutriation II
    Large Anti-Kinetic Pump II

Garde II x3

Rest of the ships are using the same stuff as before. They are overtanked for low influence so they are "okay" at the 35-40% influence I was running at. Ended the night at 33% influence. Health drops were worse than I expected. Controlling the two active dps clients with influence is going to take time as I adjust the rotation. It's much easier to run influence with just the loki and domis as dps.

OTA with 36 AU warp

NCO with 48 AU warp

I need more practice doing this but I think I can improve all times.
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 06-26-2015 at 03:22 AM
    Vonbaron Ordo
    Kinete Jenius

Your hp fluctuation did not look that bad. I have seen far worse in nullsec incursions, especially considering how skinny your resists are. On the NCO, why did you wait so long to drop all drones on your ships?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobsalt View Post
    Your hp fluctuation did not look that bad. I have seen far worse in nullsec incursions, especially considering how skinny your resists are. On the NCO, why did you wait so long to drop all drones on your ships?
    Because stuff starts dying quite well with 3 domis assigned so I start killing and then slowly fill out the drones while attempting to keep the 1 kill per drone cycle going.

I find that getting the killing going asap is better then getting everything out at once when it comes to completion times.

I got into the concept of improving the rotation so I forgot to record most of tonight

EDIT : I was trying to error on the side of cautious so I would start targeting for reps before all drones were deployed.

I actually forgot about the NM's drones cause of it's near death experience when it took a nasty spike.
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 06-29-2015 at 07:19 AM
    Vonbaron Ordo
    Kinete Jenius

im interested in those web drones you have on the loki, how do they work for you?

Been using web drones on the DDD for some time as dps drones are awful. They work as a group about as well as a t2 web which is why I try to use them to pre-web or to help web for the nightmare. Eysturs really hate them in OTAs though so that's where I will lose one sometimes.

When I get better at controlling this setup I might switch the nightmare to web drones too.
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 06-26-2015 at 05:55 PM
    Vonbaron Ordo
    Kinete Jenius

Hey guys I just need to know what kind of fleet layout I should have before I start skilling. I don't really care about the price of the fleet and I'm not quite sure why ToS is so keen on running as cheap as possible. Do ganks actually happen?

Anyway I've been thinking loki, 2 nightmares since I already have two alts skilled for them, 3 dominix, 2 nestor.

I've never ran incursions in my life so I don't care about maximum efficiency like most of the discussion here, but I need to do something to get the ball rolling.

Input plz guise I NEED YOU

Ganks do happen.
    Use NMs / gun boats if you can multitask and micro easily.

Domi or Rattler fleet for super lazy mode (Rattlers + Loki + Nestors or Basis)

I'd suggest flying a bit with any VG fleet to get a hang of the spawns and/or the incoming DPS.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    Ganks do happen.
    Use NMs / gun boats if you can multitask and micro easily.

Domi or Rattler fleet for super lazy mode (Rattlers + Loki + Nestors or Basis)

I'd suggest flying a bit with any VG fleet to get a hang of the spawns and/or the incoming DPS.
    ^This^

As for ship prices. You will have to move your fleet fairly often at times. Keeping it cheap means it's easier for you to move those ships to a new spawn. You will get occasional gank attempts when running but your biggest threat is just moving.

I've had pretty good luck with running tachmares with two nestors. There's a ton of clicking and moving involved which gets annoying/unhealthy over extended period of times. Also just like with the drone fleet the second nestor isn't technically needed most of the time. I just use the second nestor to pre-rep so I can focus more on applying dps.
    Vonbaron Ordo
    Kinete Jenius

Yeah I've heard you say there's a lot of control involved with nightmares, that's why I thought about mixing them with some domis.

But if I did want to have a rattlesnake, nestor, loki fleet, how much of each would I need? I'm thinking two nestors just to be on the safe and optimal side, yeah? And then 6-8 rattlesnakes.

2 Nestors for safe-mode (means you can cut down on total remote armor per cycle, means better cap time)
    1 Loki or Huginn (poke AayJay Crendraven in-game for a fit)
    7-8 Rattlesnakes. 7 gives you the ability to stuff everyone in a single squad. 8x for lulz. Poke AJ for a fit.

1x OGB. I used an Astarte myself but others might have better suggestions.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".