Close
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Showing results 81 to 90 of 380

Thread: Grinder

i have started today doing incursions with shield domis, going good so far.
    i am using 5 domis, 2 basis and 1 loki, no boosts.
    still need to get the guns on the domis. thinking of rails, any opinions?
    i did some nmc and nco's with an average time of 8-9 minutes.
    total price for my fleet would be around 3.5-4B
    havent tried the ota's yet tough, never done one before, so im a bit unsure if my tank will hold. min resists in domis are 70%thermal with 619m signature, opinions on if i should try to do the ota's would be nice :P

i have a couple questions i have for you about ota's.
    how does the hacking part work? will a t1 data module with minimum skills be enough?
    what about the tanking part? any idea how much ehp/sec i would need to have to be able to survive?
    how much dps would i need to get decent site times?
    Last edited by iThirdAge Solette : 05-26-2015 at 06:05 PM

I don't hack in OTAs I just shoot stuff to death like player fleets.

My DPS breaks down to this.

Domi DPS is 5145 from drones and 1365 from pulses. 4x t2 dda changing to 3x imperial dda 1x t2 dda only adds 42 dps per domi (294 total) while over doubling the domi cost.

Loki has 136 dps with 1267 alpha

Nestors are now rolling 382 total dps with infiltrators (acolytes in the video). Since I'm one shotting the frigates easily I changed the nestors back to infiltrators for that little extra dps on the cruisers and up.

Years ago I started boxing Vanguards with a level iv scimitar and a level V scimitar with a poorly skilled t1 and t2 mixed vulture pilot for boosts (was still skill training). My dps at the time was a nightmare a navy apoc and two navy harbingers... Yeah 15 minute NCO FTW.. My fits were pretty bad and I didn't know the kill order as well so there were some "oh shit" moments. I stayed with NCOs back then and the occasional NMC (brought my ore).

The more DPS you bring the less repping you will need :P

Still, guys, wouldn't the easiest way to do this be with nightmares and a normal t2 logi cruiser?

I may do what ToolOfSociety is doing at the end of the day, but for simplicity sake, I'd still like to go with nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by neic112 View Post
    Still, guys, wouldn't the easiest way to do this be with nightmares and a normal t2 logi cruiser?
    I may do what ToolOfSociety is doing at the end of the day, but for simplicity sake, I'd still like to go with nightmares.
    Until CCP sees that they were played for fools, that ain't gonna happen unless you use heavy VideoFX
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

I have done nightmares the same way. It's just a LOT more clicking since the auto-targeting modules are awful. I have been meaning to make some runs again with the NMs.

my personal opinion is that it would be a lot more work, and you would get tired a lot faster than with domis

Quote Originally Posted by iThirdAge Solette View Post
    my personal opinion is that it would be a lot more work, and you would get tired a lot faster than with domis
    The biggest issue is that ccp seems convinced that they MUST DO something about ishtars so thus they are nerfing sentries instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Tool of Society View Post
    The biggest issue is that ccp seems convinced that they MUST DO something about ishtars so thus they are nerfing sentries instead...
    So they're going to nerf all sentry-capable ships rather than just the ship that is offending their sense of propriety?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    So they're going to nerf all sentry-capable ships rather than just the ship that is offending their sense of propriety?
    Current plan is:
    Gardes: -25% Optimal, +66.7% Falloff, -3% Damage, -6.67% Tracking
    Curators: -3.1% Damage, -13% Tracking
    Bouncers: -3.3% Damage, -12.5% Tracking

Seems CCP wants to turn gardes into autocannons with crap tracking.
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 05-28-2015 at 04:22 PM

I don't always nerf or change the wrong thing, but when I do, I'm CCP.
    Last edited by bugme143 : 05-28-2015 at 10:05 PM
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".