Close
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Showing results 341 to 350 of 380

Thread: Grinder

What range do you park at?
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Given the nerfs to the static income of high class wormholes, you will most likely want to revive gilas/ find some other mobile and less mass-heavy teams. Fuck ccp...

OK, I've been using Hai's WhipSnakes for a bit, and I'm loving them.

[Rattlesnake, Rattlesnake]Ballistic Control System II
    Ballistic Control System II
    Drone Damage Amplifier II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
    Omnidirectional Tracking Link II

Drone Link Augmentor II
    Prototype 'Arbalest' Rapid Light Missile Launcher

Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
    Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
    Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Garde II x6

Scourge Auto-Targeting Light Missile I x33670
    3 Tracking, 2 Optimal scripts. I've been tempted to get a Pith C and do 4 Tracking 2 Opti, but gonna save the isk. The Rapid Lights are awesome as they usually clear 3-4 frigates while I'm focusing down the cruisers and Battleships.

DDD:
    [Rapier, DDD]Damage Control II
    Signal Amplifier II
    Signal Amplifier II
    Signal Amplifier II

Republic Fleet Target Painter
    Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
    Large Shield Extender II

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II
    Medium Core Defense Field Extender II
    If I stagger the mids just right, I can cycle off a frig every 4 seconds. That means that in an OTA I can pick off all the Tamas and Niarjas before the Deltole and Augas get in range, and in NCOs I can snag all the Tamas and Schmaels. Fed Webs over TS because of the 60% web power. 75km with boosts and no heat, which is fairly sexy. 94km overheated, though you'll rarely need that.
    I went LSE + Invuln over Double Invuln because of the Deltole, and it seems to be working well.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Hello guys, ao i have resubbed my alts to do some incursions with my domi fleet, and im wondering if anyone has ever considered trying machs for incursions. I know the nightmare has been the choice for boxing since ever, but the mach, from what i see/know may bring more advantages for boxing... (more dps, tank, drones, warp speed, etc...). The only downsides i can find on the mach are the lack of utility mids for webs and the big use of ammo. But anyways, i just wanted to try to find out the reason behind the nightmare vs machariel thing.

This is autocannons machariels btw

Quote Originally Posted by iThirdAge Solette View Post
    Hello guys, ao i have resubbed my alts to do some incursions with my domi fleet, and im wondering if anyone has ever considered trying machs for incursions. I know the nightmare has been the choice for boxing since ever, but the mach, from what i see/know may bring more advantages for boxing... (more dps, tank, drones, warp speed, etc...). The only downsides i can find on the mach are the lack of utility mids for webs and the big use of ammo. But anyways, i just wanted to try to find out the reason behind the nightmare vs machariel thing.

This is autocannons machariels btw
    Because you burn up so much ammo it's absolutely silly. Ammo that you have to pay for and move around. Ammo that you have to check every time you intend to head out to grind VGs. With only two gyros you'll go through about 133 rounds per mach per minute of firing. You can see how this quickly scales into a ridiculous amount of ammo if you want to run for hours. Then there's the lack of tracking bonuses...

In contrast I leave my guys floating in space so I can log in at any time run some vgs and then log out. Can't do that as well with machs as you'll have to dock for ammo.
    Vonbaron Ordo
    Kinete Jenius

Yeah, exactly what i tough then... the ammo issue :s

I ran some VGs yesterday with some of my gank alts. 7 VNI and 3 basi with shield PVP fits. I ended up using one of the VNIs as a DDD cause clicking on each client was getting annoying (used a t2 web instead of point). Booster alt wasn't using an implant but was in a claymore.

Was good for about 15-20 minute ticks with 10 on grid with t2 hammerheads. I was just practicing for PVP encounters so it wasn't setup for site times(basically reversed kill order leaving niarjas and deltole for last). Got some good practice in AND made like 300m an hour lol. I did lose one VNI because I completely underestimated the damage (first site first agro). My domi fleet makes it a snoozefest in comparison.

With a proper armor tank and only two logi I could imagine <10 minute ticks would be pretty easy.
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 05-01-2016 at 04:08 AM
    Vonbaron Ordo
    Kinete Jenius

If you will be doing multiboxed pvp, i highly suggest gilas with basis and a boosting vulture. Worked amazingly for me :P

Quote Originally Posted by iThirdAge Solette View Post
    If you will be doing multiboxed pvp, i highly suggest gilas with basis and a boosting vulture. Worked amazingly for me :P
    Gilas cost more and aren't as effective now due to a loss of a low slot. VNIs are my low cost alternative and I use a claymore to boost so basically the same concept.

I've technically been boxing pvp but it's been very small time stuff. I'm just trying to move up to bigger things. I also haven't actually done logi in a pvp fight in ages so I wanted to get warmed up :P
    Vonbaron Ordo
    Kinete Jenius

Quote Originally Posted by Tool of Society View Post
    Gilas cost more and aren't as effective now due to a loss of a low slot. VNIs are my low cost alternative and I use a claymore to boost so basically the same concept.

I've technically been boxing pvp but it's been very small time stuff. I'm just trying to move up to bigger things. I also haven't actually done logi in a pvp fight in ages so I wanted to get warmed up :P
    Probably not what you're looking for, but 100mn Huginn or Rapier is hilarious as a DDD because you can't really get caught. I haven't looked but you can probably stuff 100mn ABs onto a VNI.

On topic of isk grinding, fastest way I think post-ban is Self-Tanking Rattlers with Geckos. I've tweaked the German's fit and found that CCCs give better cap Regen and cap stability than the Safeguard rigs he had on, and you lower your sig a bit because no penalty from the shield rigs.

Also, AAR of Assaults with USTZ / ISN Secondary:

I managed to help get their Assaults rolling with my sentry snakes and Rapier. The first night I could only squeeze in 4+1 because they cross-recruited from ISN, but the second night I got 7+1 going for a while. I mentioned I'd be willing to buy a squad of Tachmares or Machs for HQs if we ever get em going, and they were fairly receptive to that idea.