Close
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
Showing results 261 to 270 of 380

Thread: Grinder

i am planning on trying some sites with a nightmare setup in a couple of days, i will start with a shield fleet and maybe i will later switch to armor, any suggestions on how to get more efficient with nightmares? i have to admit i am a bit scared about the click "intensiveness" :P

i am actually very curious on how those barghest's work, do you have any site times or videosi can check out?

Quote Originally Posted by iThirdAge Solette View Post
    i am planning on trying some sites with a nightmare setup in a couple of days, i will start with a shield fleet and maybe i will later switch to armor, any suggestions on how to get more efficient with nightmares? i have to admit i am a bit scared about the click "intensiveness" :P

i am actually very curious on how those barghest's work, do you have any site times or videosi can check out?
    Barghests were a "Proof of Concept" idea. I was going to run my Ravens and/or the Barghests during the Solace test server event but RL decided that it was having none of that.

I'm currently 6b or so, give or take, away from reactivating the alts.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Quote Originally Posted by iThirdAge Solette View Post

As I mentioned on my other post, I ran just recently a few sites with a Nightmare setup: 8 x Nightmares, 2 X Nestor, 1 x Astarte, 1 x Venture

LESYQWH.jpg

Befor the nerf I ran 10 x Nightmares and only 1 x Nestor, but I prefered having the second Nestor as safety, since I can't kill the damage rats fast enough. But I think in time, with a good setup, kill strategy and muscle memory it could work.
    Anyway, so, its certantly ALOT of clicking. At the begining I didnt had a kill strategy at all and tried to lock everything with all Nightmares, but that doesnt work, its to slow, to many clicks.

In the end, I settled on this tactic:

Split the nightmares into 2 groups. Group A concentrates on all the small rats, with prioritys on Niarjas and Tamas, while Group B shoots the big rats like Augas and Romis. Since Group B has longer to kill stuff, it gives you more time with Group A to lock and kill the smaller rats.

-

Example with 8 Nightmares: Group A = 4 Nightmares, Group B = 4 Nightmares

After warp in, Group A locks and activates guns on the Niarja, and locks additional 2 or 3 Tamas. Then with Group B lock and activate guns on one Auga/Romi. At this time, Group A has killed the Niarja, so activate the guns again and start locking for more Tamas (like 3-4). While Group A is still locking all those small rats (and you activating the guns every 3 second), lock the rest of the big rats with Group B (they probably still shooting the Romi, if its an Auga, its probably dead allready). Thats it, now concentrate on Group A while monitoring Group B occasionally.
    When there are only a few rats left, depending whats on the field, Group A ether helps with killing the big rats or Group B starts locking the small rats that Group A hasnt locked yet.

Make sure targets dont overlap from Group to Group, only exception is when killing the big rats (moar DPS!!!)

Oh, I almost forgot, each Group has 2 webs and 2 Paints. Its not ideal, best would be Groups a 5, with 3 webs and 2 paints I guess. Or something like that.

-

There is probably alot of room for improvements, but it cuts the clicking in half with 2 dedicated Groups. Other Ideas I had are: having special fits for each group, or having a dedicated webber/painter (i.e. Vindicator) - thats all. I just ran like 20 sites or so with the Nightmares. Now its all Rattlesnakes baby!!! .... its soooo relaxing compared to it

I hope this helps or gives you some idea. Cheers and have fun!!!!
    Last edited by Mike Lonestarr : 01-04-2016 at 04:21 AM

so uh, dont you worry about being banned using the software as you are? Isn't that against the TOS now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    so uh, dont you worry about being banned using the software as you are? Isn't that against the TOS now?
    Software is not banned. Input broadcasting is. Nobody here's using that. Most of us are using "F1 and done" Autotargeting missiles.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

As bugme has said, (countless times mind you i think i've seen him on reddit a few times) No one is using Input broadcasting, however as you have said, personally I am worried about using it since ive already had first strike, however i might go back to using it since I am reaching the point where it wouldn't be a huge loss for me if i was to get banned unfairly (Honestly not input broadcasting and still get banned for it by error, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    I've been using a VideoFX for mining for a while now. No issues whatsoever.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    Hey, are you in the in-game chat with us? If not, please join so I can ask some questions

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    Thats pretty encouraging

That is encouraging, however I am still worries, I remember when Mosg2 did a video of his new setup, which was 0 broadcasting, only using video FX etc, and got banned the next week.

I miss EVE online, it was a lot of fun to play, if the auto missiles thing is working and the video FX is working, that would be encouraging.