Close
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Showing results 121 to 130 of 380

Thread: Grinder

Quote Originally Posted by iThirdAge Solette View Post
    In my opinion, the thing is: gun fleets can be more efficient in terms of site speed, but when you run for 5hours i think that the drone boats will become better due to not requiring so much micromanagement, you simply drop drones and assist and the rest is up to logi/trigger ship, but then again i never tried to run a gun fleet, so im not sure if guns take as much micromanagement as i think they do
    First, hi Solette, we (I) miss you.

Second: Guns don't take too much micro if your skills are at such a level where you kill most of the DPS before it really applies so you don't have to worry about tank levels. For example, Pain's super-thin-tanked NMs. Post-ban though I'd say guns do require more micro than Sentries.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    First, hi Solette, we (I) miss you.

Second: Guns don't take too much micro if your skills are at such a level where you kill most of the DPS before it really applies so you don't have to worry about tank levels. For example, Pain's super-thin-tanked NMs. Post-ban though I'd say guns do require more micro than Sentries.
    I ran basically the same fit as pain pre-ban. Post ban it's far too hard to keep them alive while trying to micromanage the guns. I have to use two logis and a bit stiffer of a tank mostly because I cannot rely on having free reign of NMC and OTAs like before.

Micromanagement isn't as bad as some people would think as you only have to target a select few NPCs per account. The amount you have to target depends on your fit and the site.

Back in the early days of me running in windowed mode I gave my NMs a try. The video I posted was my first REAL attempt at running that setup. I didn't have tachs as they were 30 hops away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pYOv7T6bug

Despite being the first real attempt as such making many mistakes I still finished the OTA in 7:47 which would be about a 8:50 tick with a 50 au warp.

I'm positive I can do much better now.

yeah, good to be back bugme143, i just had some wardecs, so i wasnt able to leave my wh for some weeks :P

i will be back to incursions in a couple days tough, and i think i will be doing some changes to my fleet, im going to add blasters (or rails, depending on how both perform) to the domis, not sure if i will be able to 1 shot frigs with only 5 domis, so im thinking of resubbing 3 of my olf acconts back, wich would put me at a total of 11 acconts, 2 basis, 1 loki and 8 domis.
    Any opinions?
    Last edited by iThirdAge Solette : 06-17-2015 at 06:51 AM Reason: Formatting

I was running 6x Domi, 2x Nestor, 1x Vindicator, 1x Eos with 250mm rails on the Domis. With the drones from 6x Domis I was able to 1 shot frigates I could track as they approached. Still undecided on whether the Loki or the Vindicator were better, my times were roughly the same but I think the Loki was simpler to control given the massive web range. The Vindi was just over 20km web range w/ faction webs + boosts. I was averaging around ~9-10 minutes including 30-50 AU warps. Not terrible, not stellar.

Pre-garde nerf I was able to one shot frigates with four domis. Now I'm not so sure.

Due to the overkill of 7 domi's worth of gardes I've been experimenting with a modified setup. The domi method is definitely the laziest way to go though.
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 06-16-2015 at 09:48 PM

Hey guys, I haven't been very active, but I've been reading weekly to stay in touch, since mutliboxing in eve is something I still care a ton about.

The input ban hit me way harder than I would like to admit, I lost almost all interest in eve and all trust I had into ccp (Yeah, I really belived into ccp once). Wouldn't have been for RnK, I would have stopped, for sure.

Judging from the outside, the storm seems to have calmed down and I m thinking of running incursions again. ToS style (Still love your vids), no third party program.

I basically have 3 qestions that I love to get some advice from you guys.

- Since I havent been active farming incursions, I have lost the contact to the community and how they feel about multiboxers, you know, are there just local chat attacks, false flag campaigns or nothing of the sort and everybody is nice to eachother?

- Is there still an active eve channel about incursion multiboxing? I know oatmeal ofc, but there was another channel, where lots of the pre ban multiboxers would chat, but the owner closed it.

- Do you guys think, its still important to record your runs in order to protect yourself against bans? Or any other measurment needed to protect oneself against ccp fail-bail-ban-befor-ask system.

Well since I have posted quite a few videos I get more of a pass from haters it seems. People tend to like that I'm not pushing the boundaries when I box. "You just get it on with" as I've been told.

I imagine that if more people are boxing incursions attitudes might revert back to the old ways.

I'm recording samples of my runs still but I lack space to record them all. CCP_Peligro is absolutely convinced that people who run like me having nothing to fear. I know I've been reported quite a lot just based on the occasional hater spewing in incursion chat.

yeah, see, thats something I m also worried about, that when more and more multiboxers come back, it might spoil it for all.

I have no idea how many boxers run incursions and I hope it wont affect it to mutch when I take my Cycling Guns 01-10 out again.

I might record one or two and just put that into the bio of my chars, so ppl see what and how I'm doing it.

As for the channels, oatmeal and isboxers lounge are active, dual-boxing.com and ISBoxer have no ppl in it, so inactive. Those are the channels I found so far.

Well, from my personal experience people hate on me a lot, not sure if its just bad luck tough, but i usually get report treats a lot of times when im running.
    I use eve-o preview, but im also considering the option of switching to windowed...
    i would have to agree with ToS when he says it will become like the old days if lot of boxers come back tough

How do you manage to 'split' all of the eve windows in the windows bar, ToS?
    i mean like, instead of them stacking on top of each other, each character gets a specific window in the bar