Close
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Showing results 111 to 120 of 380

Thread: Grinder

is it truly that big of an issue though, i rarely ever use AC's in pve or pvp (never in Pve now that i think about it)
    I did use NM's last time so that may explain my lack of ever really having an ammo issue

according to EFT, depending on ship bonuses, 1k ammo for 800mm lasts 555minutes, or in terms of lets say a 7min tick that is (roughly again) 79 sites.

When i was theory crafting AC's it was always an issue of tracking for me since when i did Tach NM's target had to be webbed down by multiple ships to get shots off
    I wanted something that could damage on approach and with 2 webs max
    So if 800mms work fine thats great, but i guess i will need my hauler pilot to stock up on hoarders ....and ammo

Different between Dual425s, 625s and 800s? is it just damage, range and tracking?

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    is it truly that big of an issue though, i rarely ever use AC's in pve or pvp (never in Pve now that i think about it)
    I did use NM's last time so that may explain my lack of ever really having an ammo issue

according to EFT, depending on ship bonuses, 1k ammo for 800mm lasts 555minutes, or in terms of lets say a 7min tick that is (roughly again) 79 sites.

When i was theory crafting AC's it was always an issue of tracking for me since when i did Tach NM's target had to be webbed down by multiple ships to get shots off
    I wanted something that could damage on approach and with 2 webs max
    So if 800mms work fine thats great, but i guess i will need my hauler pilot to stock up on hoarders ....and ammo

Different between Dual425s, 625s and 800s? is it just damage, range and tracking?
    Between carrying lyavite in the hold and the ammo consumption its frequent reloads. I switched to nms because it made my life soooo much more happy not having to stop for ammo all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobsalt View Post
    where i was considering running a bunch of overtanked machs to make HQs less of a pain.
    Most HQ communities prefer Vindicators or Tachmares. A rare few take 1400 Machs, but Vindis do more for the fleet than Machs.

Though with the retarded input ban, 1400 mach cycle time would be interesting....
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobsalt View Post
    Between carrying lyavite in the hold and the ammo consumption its frequent reloads. I switched to nms because it made my life soooo much more happy not having to stop for ammo all day.
    To be perfectly honest i was considering using a prospect for lyavite

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    To be perfectly honest i was considering using a prospect for lyavite
    hmm yeah but then thats yet another account to run it and with npcs on field.

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    Most HQ communities prefer Vindicators or Tachmares. A rare few take 1400 Machs, but Vindis do more for the fleet than Machs.

Though with the retarded input ban, 1400 mach cycle time would be interesting....
    Yeah in theory it would take 15 or so seconds for each 1400 mach to cycle. That would give you time to click through to new targets. Each mach with t2 arty could one shot a frigate IF it can hit it. Tracking is pretty awful though.

Replacing a couple domis with 1400 machs was something I have theory crafted too. The machs would speed up the death of long spawns by one shotting the frigates (tachmares require two shots) and then switch to cruisers once everything is orbiting while the domis kill off any frigates surviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool of Society View Post
    Yeah in theory it would take 15 or so seconds for each 1400 mach to cycle. That would give you time to click through to new targets. Each mach with t2 arty could one shot a frigate IF it can hit it. Tracking is pretty awful though.

Replacing a couple domis with 1400 machs was something I have theory crafted too. The machs would speed up the death of long spawns by one shotting the frigates (tachmares require two shots) and then switch to cruisers once everything is orbiting while the domis kill off any frigates surviving.
    You don't target frigs in a 1400 mach. You go for armor shots on Battleships. (In HQ sites)
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Well in an ota when stuff is at 80 KM you might as well pop a frigate or two before settling in on the bigger ones as I said earlier.

according to EFT the 1400mms tracking well if the targets are webbed down enough

If the frigs are approaching as in OTA's then they should technically track perfectly

In my opinion, the thing is: gun fleets can be more efficient in terms of site speed, but when you run for 5hours i think that the drone boats will become better due to not requiring so much micromanagement, you simply drop drones and assist and the rest is up to logi/trigger ship, but then again i never tried to run a gun fleet, so im not sure if guns take as much micromanagement as i think they do