Showing results 21 to 30 of 380

Thread: Grinder

shame, would have been a nice way of targeting when multiboxing

Im going to give EVE-O preview a go

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    shame, would have been a nice way of targeting when multiboxing

Im going to give EVE-O preview a go
    Eve-o preview works pretty well.

It basically simulates the swapping setup for isboxer. I use it now for my multiboxing purposes - I have no issues pvping or pveing with my current 8 accounts.

You need to pay a bit more attention to your reps/watchlist due to not having things up, but overall it's not too bad.

so you guys are not using isboxer? any reason i shouldnt also be using it for videofx?

Quote Originally Posted by iThirdAge Solette View Post
    so you guys are not using isboxer? any reason i shouldnt also be using it for videofx?
    The ONLY reason(s) to use Isboxer with eve right now are:

1. Videofx to get a better screen layout so you can see all the info at once (preview just lets you swap much quicker, and gives you smaller thumbnails to look at).
    2. Hardware Management. Isboxer lets you control more directly how your CPU cores handle things, along with throttling background instances of the game. This is all doable without isboxer, but requires a lot of work to setup and if you don't know what you're doing, you'll fuck things up horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    The ONLY reason(s) to use Isboxer with eve right now are:

1. Videofx to get a better screen layout so you can see all the info at once (preview just lets you swap much quicker, and gives you smaller thumbnails to look at).
    2. Hardware Management. Isboxer lets you control more directly how your CPU cores handle things, along with throttling background instances of the game. This is all doable without isboxer, but requires a lot of work to setup and if you don't know what you're doing, you'll fuck things up horribly.
    yeah, thats why i still use it, just wondering why you guys werent using.
    i only use it for videofx tough

til they come out and say that videofx is either:
    A) okay
    B) Not okay
    C) Not policed ( -.- )
    I wont be using isboxer since i have a feeling they'll ban me even if im not doing anything funky
    Or rather i cant take the chance.
    Heres to hoping EVE-O Preview goes ahead and impliments hotkeys for the client switching soon

VideoFX was shown as an example of client modification during fanfest. I don't use it because of that simple reason. I think CCP is mistaken and that videofx shouldn't be banned but I don't want to risk my accounts.

I don't use isboxer anymore for incursions because I don't need it. My systems runs the clients fine and the windowed method works about as well as the videofx setup I had before. I know I'm getting reported every time I run and I want to make sure I don't give ccp an excuse to ban me. I've petitioned CCP asking if I could run my NM fleet the same way I run my current fleet and not get banned. I included screenshots and my videos. It's been up for almost two weeks now without a response so I'm hoping it's been moved up.

I do use isboxer's window and resource management sometimes on the second machine when moving the fleet and some other things.
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 05-02-2015 at 04:54 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Tool of Society View Post
    I do use isboxer's window and resource management sometimes on the second machine when moving the fleet and some other things.
    I smell hammers in your future if enough people get pissed

i use videofx on isboxer on a daily basis, as far as i know i havent had any problems with it, but you are scaring me xD

This thread started out asking how players are making ISK, so please don't de-rail this thread into a "what's allowed" and "what isn't allowed" in EVE.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology