Close
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 LastLast
Showing results 361 to 370 of 380

Thread: Grinder

Wonder if they drop any good loot..

Could thirdage, ToS or anyone else doing incursions comment on how they clean up their incursion site afterwards and scout to the next one?
    Obviously after cycling and pulling in all the drones, do you use your hacker/ore ship to scout the next site first?

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post

Could thirdage, ToS or anyone else doing incursions comment on how they clean up their incursion site afterwards and scout to the next one?
    Obviously after cycling and pulling in all the drones, do you use your hacker/ore ship to scout the next site first?
    Some of em do. I just squad warp to the next one.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Alrighty
    Just finished up a couple hours running vanguards, not too bad, had a holy shit moment when (because of shitty leadership skills and the way i arranged my squads) i warped 2 ships off to a completely different site, luckily, somehow, the aggro of the entire room switched to the drones and i managed to squad warp the 2 ships out....so that was fun...then regrouped them with the other ships that were already in another site taking damage without a drone bunny...

Lost 1 ship in the session, a venture that i left in the OTA too long and got killed by frigs, decided not to run a hacker because currently i can volley off frigates and the cruisers don't take that much longer, the battleship on the other hand...

Site completion times started at around 8 minutes, cut them down to about 6, not factoring in warp time or time between sites pulling in the drones and such.

Been fun...now hopefully i don't get banned for "macro usage" aka windows 10 virtual desktops

I quit eve months ago so I haven't been paying attention to stuff related to it.

I used my ore dropper if I had to scout ahead and I never bothered salvaging. I made it a point to try to go to incursion spawns with the fewest communities (preferably no community focus). So most of the time I would be the only one in system so scouting was pointless. Salvaging is worth a few million per site but not worth the extra effort for me.

If I was scouting I would always make sure to have the next spot scouted before the last wave was done on my current site.

Alrighty
    Just finished up a couple hours running vanguards, not too bad, had a holy shit moment when (because of shitty leadership skills and the way i arranged my squads) i warped 2 ships off to a completely different site, luckily, somehow, the aggro of the entire room switched to the drones and i managed to squad warp the 2 ships out....so that was fun...then regrouped them with the other ships that were already in another site taking damage without a drone bunny...

Lost 1 ship in the session, a venture that i left in the OTA too long and got killed by frigs, decided not to run a hacker because currently i can volley off frigates and the cruisers don't take that much longer, the battleship on the other hand...

Site completion times started at around 8 minutes, cut them down to about 6, not factoring in warp time or time between sites pulling in the drones and such.

Been fun...now hopefully i don't get banned for "macro usage" aka windows 10 virtual desktops
    I highly doubt you would get banned for macro usage if you're running somewhat like I was. Peligro and the other GMs are very aware of my setup and how I was running.

I lost a nestor once due to having my fleet split up into two squads. I was teaching some newbros how to run so I had to split my fleet some and the only one with wing commander as a skill was one of my nestor pilots and at that point it was tough to run without boosts on him (wing commander spot didn't receive FC boosts). So I had my fleet split up into two groups and I accidentally warped the nestor pilot (who had only the ore dropper in squad with him) to the wrong site and entered without double checking my watchlist. I was really tired and that was going to be the last site so I kind of rushed it. Ever since that loss I would double check watchlist every time before taking the gate. That was my only nestor loss over years of using them.

I solved that problem by training my ore dropper into wing commander so I could use her to warp both fleets if I needed. Generally I ran the booster in FC ore dropper in WC and the rest in one squad. I usually used the squad leader to warp around.

I only started hacking OTAs as I was looking to push my ticks down under 6 minutes and at that point I was shaving every second off I could find. I did manage to push some OTAs in under 6 minutes tick to tick but they weren't often as it required a great deal of concentration and some luck.
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 09-04-2016 at 11:35 PM
    Vonbaron Ordo
    Kinete Jenius

Hey, so i live in a C2 woemhole with C5 statics. So far i used my vagur to clean instrumentals and then bring a small venture fleet to gas huff. But i want to go a step further and run the combat sites. I did so already with my corp mates in my maurauder. Problem is i got a realy high skilled main and alot of lowish skilled alts. The most of them got decent drone skills. So i though i maybe could run them with a vni or gila fleet. Biggest problem is i only got 1 charackter to fly a scimitar (or other t2 logi) and no booster. So would you think it would work and yes what ammount of logi do i need ?or should i train 2/3 charackters into rattlesnkaes until they can run them

Quote Originally Posted by Phiny View Post
    Hey, so i live in a C2 woemhole with C5 statics. So far i used my vagur to clean instrumentals and then bring a small venture fleet to gas huff. But i want to go a step further and run the combat sites. I did so already with my corp mates in my maurauder. Problem is i got a realy high skilled main and alot of lowish skilled alts. The most of them got decent drone skills. So i though i maybe could run them with a vni or gila fleet. Biggest problem is i only got 1 charackter to fly a scimitar (or other t2 logi) and no booster. So would you think it would work and yes what ammount of logi do i need ?or should i train 2/3 charackters into rattlesnkaes until they can run them
    I think you would find it worth your time to train at least one of the alts into logi. Even my gank alt/vni/gila fleet characters had six t2 logi capable and a full t2 booster. Have they removed off grid boosting or gotten anywhere with that? If so then it probably isn't worth the time to go full t2 booster too while training the alts.

I never bothered buying tags because the gank alts themselves could directly boost their sec status by running VG sites with whoever didn't have KRs at the time (2 basi rest VNI). Unfortunately I cannot comment on using them in C5s as they have changed the sites some since I quit playing. I can say that controlling 3 snakes is a lot easier :P
    Vonbaron Ordo
    Kinete Jenius

Yeah i think iam going for the snakes

Current Meta Roundup:

Incursions:
    Self-tanking FOF RLML Rattlesnakes.
    Self-tanking FOF RLML Golems
    Paladin fleets.
    Kronos fleet.
    VNI fleet

Wormholes:
    5 Gila 2 Basi 1 CS
    Tinker Rattlesnakes
    Solo Dread.

Missions:
    Self-tanking FOF RLML Rattlesnakes (Yes, according to some dude.)
    L4 Burner Chaining (high/low/nullsec)

Ratting:
    Ishtars in Gurista/Serp space
    FOF Ravens
    Rorquals

Mining:
    Rorquals with Harvesters.
    Covetor Ice Mining
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    Current Meta Roundup:

Incursions:
    Self-tanking FOF RLML Rattlesnakes.
    Self-tanking FOF RLML Golems
    Paladin fleets.
    Kronos fleet.
    VNI fleet

Wormholes:
    5 Gila 2 Basi 1 CS
    Tinker Rattlesnakes
    Solo Dread.

Missions:
    Self-tanking FOF RLML Rattlesnakes (Yes, according to some dude.)
    L4 Burner Chaining (high/low/nullsec)

Ratting:
    Ishtars in Gurista/Serp space
    FOF Ravens
    Rorquals

Mining:
    Rorquals with Harvesters.
    Covetor Ice Mining

IsTheIceMiningInHighsec?

I was thinking about multiboxing a dozen ice miners with a poripose in highsec, is that worth my time at all or should i just join some nullsec entity?

Basically I'm wondering about how I should make money, I read through a bunch of this thread and read a bunch of opinions but the game has changed a lot. I'm going to have 12 accounts but with no capital to work with. I'd rather do something low maintenance (if possible) over high maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by juicy View Post
    IsTheIceMiningInHighsec?

I was thinking about multiboxing a dozen ice miners with a poripose in highsec, is that worth my time at all or should i just join some nullsec entity?

Basically I'm wondering about how I should make money, I read through a bunch of this thread and read a bunch of opinions but the game has changed a lot. I'm going to have 12 accounts but with no capital to work with. I'd rather do something low maintenance (if possible) over high maintenance.
    I think you can still do ice mining in highsec, but I've heard some stories about permadecs and CODE. I recommend joining our in-game channel in my signature to avoid certain CODE members.

As for *how*, that's entirely up to you. Find something that you think looks fun, join SISI, and give it a shot.