Close
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast
Showing results 351 to 360 of 380

Thread: Grinder

i used to fly pretty much daily with isn... (i think i actually became part of primary at some point) they were the best group back then imo...

from what i remember they were pretty anti-multiboxing at the time, but if they are open to it now then i would love to box hq fleets with them :P (would still have a couple things to train tough :S)

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    Probably not what you're looking for, but 100mn Huginn or Rapier is hilarious as a DDD because you can't really get caught. I haven't looked but you can probably stuff 100mn ABs onto a VNI.

On topic of isk grinding, fastest way I think post-ban is Self-Tanking Rattlers with Geckos. I've tweaked the German's fit and found that CCCs give better cap Regen and cap stability than the Safeguard rigs he had on, and you lower your sig a bit because no penalty from the shield rigs.

Also, AAR of Assaults with USTZ / ISN Secondary:

I managed to help get their Assaults rolling with my sentry snakes and Rapier. The first night I could only squeeze in 4+1 because they cross-recruited from ISN, but the second night I got 7+1 going for a while. I mentioned I'd be willing to buy a squad of Tachmares or Machs for HQs if we ever get em going, and they were fairly receptive to that idea.
    Making some oversized AB fits has been on my to do list. Not a lot of free time lately.
    Vonbaron Ordo
    Kinete Jenius

Oversized AB fits are the bread and butter of AFK ratting, as well as some niche pvp fits. I like to 100mn ishtars/VNIs in pvp as well as command dessies.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Agreed. One of the more interesting things I've been toying with is a fleet of MJFG Magi for low/null shenanigans. Here's what I have so far:

[Magus, Fleet]

Damage Control II
    Drone Damage Amplifier II

Micro Jump Field Generator
    5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
    Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
    Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender

Light Electron Blaster II, Null S
    [Empty High slot]
    [Empty High slot]

Small Core Defense Field Extender II
    Small Core Defense Field Extender II

Hobgoblin II x1
    Hammerhead II x3
    For the primary you have some form of tackle, of course. It's really nasty from what little I've been able to test out.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Bifrost

Also not sure why you'd fit DDAs and go shield instead of taking advantage of the armor bonuses.
    Last edited by EaTCarbS : 05-08-2016 at 07:42 PM
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post

Bifrost

Also not sure why you'd fit DDAs and go shield instead of taking advantage of the armor bonuses.
    I put a premium on killing the target and GTFOing as fast as possible over max tank.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

bugme, have you managed to actually run the self-tanking snake fleet yet? If so, what is the trigger? or do you just have the main trigger using a civ gun or something? It looks great, but that is a lot of travel time for those geckos

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobsalt View Post
    bugme, have you managed to actually run the self-tanking snake fleet yet? If so, what is the trigger? or do you just have the main trigger using a civ gun or something? It looks great, but that is a lot of travel time for those geckos
    I haven't personally, but here's what the German said (with proper English translations):

No triggers. You manually assign each gecko to separate frigates, and they will kill them.
    The travel time is greatly reduced thanks to the faction Drone Nav Comp. With a Fed Navy DNC, the Gecko moves at 3km/s, which is plenty.

Alrighty

After a few months away from Eve I resubbed the other day.

Updated my desktop to windows 10 and started playing around with AHK to assign each virtual desktop with its own focus hotkey (to bring it into focus, clarify)
    After playing around with a few accounts I gave up on using AHK, not because it wasn't possible, I got it to work rather well, but because just using Win+Crtl+Desktop# worked well enough.

Funnily enough after playing around with my setup I do a quick google search to see if I can't streamline my setup any further, came across this reddit post on the topic of multiboxing with Windows 10 virtual desktops.

Link :https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comment...iboxing_trick/

Finding this a lot easier to use than Eve-O preview which I have not touched since last year.

However I seem to have missed several changes to game mechanics...like what is up with carriers and the supposed nerf to afk ratting?
    Anyone care to explain / share what they've been up to?

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    Alrighty

After a few months away from Eve I resubbed the other day.

Updated my desktop to windows 10 and started playing around with AHK to assign each virtual desktop with its own focus hotkey (to bring it into focus, clarify)
    After playing around with a few accounts I gave up on using AHK, not because it wasn't possible, I got it to work rather well, but because just using Win+Crtl+Desktop# worked well enough.

Funnily enough after playing around with my setup I do a quick google search to see if I can't streamline my setup any further, came across this reddit post on the topic of multiboxing with Windows 10 virtual desktops.

Link :https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comment...iboxing_trick/

Finding this a lot easier to use than Eve-O preview which I have not touched since last year.

However I seem to have missed several changes to game mechanics...like what is up with carriers and the supposed nerf to afk ratting?
    Anyone care to explain / share what they've been up to?
    Basically, fighters don't auto-aggro rats anymore and carriers can't use heavies / sentries anymore. Also there's NPC dreads and titans that will spawn and shoot you from time to time.