Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Level 4 Burner Missions

Has anyone done burner missions en masse' yet? They are tailor built for multiboxing, pay 4 to 5 million and 10k LP if you have security connections 4, and are in the comfort of hisec. I run a triple worm passive tank setup and have only had problems with the Worm Burner (40k point and big damage were rough on me). The rest of them have been cake. I try to skip the normal level 4's now and just do the burners if I can.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

I have not yet done them but i had theory crafted a bunch of fits, depending on the number of characters and the burner they seem to be very very easy

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?pli=1#gid=0

Using that spreadsheet you can theory craft an "Orbit X, F1" fit using cheap ships and cheap fits to break the tank (which may otherwise require expensive bling on a garmur)
    Just wondering, do you know the ranges the NPCs are from the beacon on warpin, that was really my only concern

From what I've seen the missions come in three flavors: 1. DPS with 2 Logi Guys (always kill his logi first) 2. DPS Solo Brawler 3. The Guristas Kiting Worm. You land about 40k off of the guy with the logi, you land within 3k of the brawler, and the kiter starts out at 40k and MWD's out to 100k+ but comes back in and never gets closer than about 38k.

My understanding is if you ECM any of them they'll try to burn out of range, so you need a web to slow down their retreat.

The only person I've seen mentioning three-boxing these used a Daredevil and 2 Griffins. My triple worm setup has no problems with any of them, but I've lost 3 Worms over time to that damn Worm burner. A kiting setup may work well also, but I haven't tried it. The Worm drones make a good meat shield to give my passive tanks a little regen time sometimes also.
    Last edited by Morganti : 04-25-2015 at 11:35 AM
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

8x Punishers
    1x Inquis
    Lots of fun.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    that somehow seems excessive...
    It was pre-Jan 1, and I had a lotta fun playing Logi Roulette.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

ahhh, would be fun pre jan, Lazozrrzrzrsz look pretty in sync

They were also pretty poorly skilled for small lasers so it took a bit to kill the burners, especially the burner teams.

For burner cruisers, tackle Vigilant + DPS VNI + exeq and you should be golden

Morganti/Bugme143,
    Have either of you run these missions since your last list and come up with a better combo of fits? I'm going to try to do a 3x Worm group for the frigate missions and 2x Drake + Nighthawk for the crusier missions. These would all be passive tanked.

You can clear em solo, but I haven't played any recently.