Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: 6.2 Now on PTR

Default 6.2 Now on PTR

Patch Notes:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/185...otes-4-13-2015

Lets talk.

Ill go 1st

Stuff i have found so far the little Ashran interact with players got fixed, we still have the lootble buff but it longer seems to be working like it did not sure why.... Ofc still no follow there or in bg's. Aarna still seem to have follow
    Last edited by ebony : 04-13-2015 at 11:48 PM

Oki, here's a few things from the patch notes I found interesting:

New Dungeon Difficulty: Mythic
    • Draenor Dungeons now have a new difficulty level designed to challenge even the most hardened adventurers with a befitting increase in reward.
    • Mythic Dungeons are on a weekly lockout, and drop gear that's item level 680 with a chance for boss at the end to drop loot that's item level 700.

Very nice little addition for gearing your PVE teams, especially for people running 5-box. I do believe even the normal player base has been asking for something similar for a while now. How these compare to new raid items though, we'll have to see.

Zone Unlocked: The Invasion of Tanaan Jungle
    • Access to the zone is unlocked by constructing a Shipyard (available to characters with a level 3 Garrison).

• New daily quests are available in Tanaan to acquire shipyard resources and more.

Yay, More garrison stuff to do! Ok, in all seriousness, doesn't sound too bad, but I'm wondering as to what the resources are for and whether they become something you need to do rather than something you want to do, as is often the case with dailies. On a side note, the lvl 3 garrison requirement itself is not that bad, but does mean I do have to finish the garrisons for a few toons I've not bothered with yet.

All level 100 characters engaging in PvP combat now have a item level base and cap for non-PvP items.

• Non-PvP gear between item levels 560 and 690 will now scale up to 690 in PvP combat.
    • Non-PvP gear above item level 715 will now scale down to 715 in PvP combat.
    • PvP gear remains unaffected and will not be capped in PvP combat.

Hmm... So... Basically any fresh 100 in greens will now have the equivalent gear of having farmed full conquest gear for season 16, which I assume will be the new honor gear, when the season ends. Fair enough I guess, as long as they do not mess the start of the new season up and postpone it long enough for people to start gaining more 690+ ilvl PVE gear. Begs to question though, what good are honor points now if you technically can not gain upgrades from the gear purchasable with them?

Frost DK
    • Frost Strike now deals 20% more damage.
    • Howling Blast now deals 20% more damage.
    • Obliterate's damage has increased by 20%, but deals only 80% of normal damage against player-controlled targets.

Topkek... Good thing I'm leveling a team of Frost DKs for PVP at the moment. Hpally + 4 DK making a comeback anyone? :P

The loss of IWT follow in Ashran is nothing; the zone plain blows. I've tried four different teams of 15 toons in various specs and it's just terrible.

The upside though... The Invasion of Tanaan Jungle is going to be the new world pvp area The Isle of Thunder and the Timeless Isle were amazing for boxers on unbalanced realms, and the Jungle'll be the same.

@Wubsie
    Even with a 20% increase, Howling Blast is terrible damage. My DKs are at ~650 ilevel and it still hits like a puff of air.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    @Wubsie
    Even with a 20% increase, Howling Blast is terrible damage. My DKs are at ~650 ilevel and it still hits like a puff of air.
    Is that with the PVP scaling or without it?

Looking forward to the world PVP though. At the moment the only place I can consistantly find people are outside raid instances, outside alliance garrisons (dueling spot it seems) and in Stormshield, which on a 5-box is a suicide mission. Would be nice to see people actually moving around, doing things in the world again and not just sit in their personal, instanced gold/material factories.

650 without PvP gear. When I zone into Ashran it jumps up to ~685 or so. I will say that for general outdoor PvP purposes the DKs are great. Death Grip and Gorefiend's Grasp solve so many problems. In Ashran though, you need on-demand BURST because you're always outnumbered. DKs just don't have that unfortunately :/ Enhance Shaman, though, are silly. They're definitely my favorite 'siegebreaker' team.

Bliz said that 6.2 would be the last content patch before the next expansion, so I'm pretty psyched. We'll be able to wPvP all over Tanaan Jungle, and I think Bliz realizes how terribly bad they f*cked up Ashran, so the next expansion should hopefully have a better wPvP implementation.

650 without PvP gear. When I zone into Ashran it jumps up to ~685 or so. I will say that for general outdoor PvP purposes the DKs are great. Death Grip and Gorefiend's Grasp solve so many problems. In Ashran though, you need on-demand BURST because you're always outnumbered. DKs just don't have that unfortunately :/ Enhance Shaman, though, are silly. They're definitely my favorite 'siegebreaker' team.

Bliz said that 6.2 would be the last content patch before the next expansion, so I'm pretty psyched. We'll be able to wPvP all over Tanaan Jungle, and I think Bliz realizes how terribly bad they f*cked up Ashran, so the next expansion should hopefully have a better wPvP implementation.
    Stuff i have seen in ashran is events are nolonger giving conquest you now have 2 weekey quests (like tol/wg) that offer the conquest, atm ashran is just silly if you want a ins que you get in but your not going to win, if you Join a pemade group then you can more of less win events 24/7.

We still got mounts and non-combat pets so its not the end of ashran for boxer at all. (soultrader works here)

Anyway Mosg2 am waiting for wow videos? what you been upto what your player etc.. am l;oving my ehn/ shammays

Surely 6.2 can't be the last content patch... That would be a very short expansion indeed, even if patch 6.2 doesn't hit for another 3 months.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Bliz said that 6.2 would be the last content patch before the next expansion, so I'm pretty psyched.
    I believe it was Tom Chilton who said that last year before WoD had even launched, but I don't know of any recent mention of this. Some people are finding it hard to believe that Hellfire Citadel is going to be the final raid of the expansion with Archimonde as the final boss without any real mention of Gul'dan, so they're suspecting that there may be another raid after this one. Blizzard could break out Farahlon to hold people over until a third raid tier, but I also find it a little odd that they are releasing both Mythic 5-mans and Timewalker mode at the same time. It looks as if they might want to keep people busy for a bit... perhaps for that third raid tier.

We'll be able to wPvP all over Tanaan Jungle, and I think Bliz realizes how terribly bad they f*cked up Ashran, so the next expansion should hopefully have a better wPvP implementation.
    Assuming you're still on Sargeras, maybe I'll actually run into you causing some havoc.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

MiRai, did we have some interaction in-game before? This is the second time you've intimated as much, but I don't remember it if so.

Yeah, still on Sargeras on Horde side.

I imagined a Black Temple type of raid as the last..