Close
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 105

Default S3 Wizard Team Progress

So I finally picked up 6p Tals on my main with an ancient tal orb and a crap Serpent Sparker. My others are wearing mixed sets. 2 have 2p tals, 1 has 4p firebird's and another has 4p Delsere's.

Last night I cleared GR 32 with around 6 minutes to spare. My main is basically carrying the team in damage.

My limiting factor right now is toughness. I am working on getting the gear to survive. I haven't leveled any legendary gems yet, so I am thinking of going for toughness gems like Esoteric and Mutilation Guards first. Slowly building up to the 6p Tals on all my guys heh.

I'm around the same place u are right now. 1 more piece and I'll have my second full set. No Serpent Sparker, no F&R yet. And yes, toughness is the issue too. Not doing any GR right now. Just T6 to gear them all. The new bracers are AMAZING for clearing trash fast. 1 cast and a meteor obliterates the whole pack.

PS: LOVE 2.2! It's running SO smooth. I'm getting 60fps pretty much constant even with all the wizard spells going on.
    Last edited by Devile : 04-13-2015 at 11:49 AM

OK, so I went for wizard in S3 as well.

Man, I'm really enjoying wizards - I just dinged 70, have ~280k sheet dps and 4mil toughness and can efficiently farm T4. Just in case, I'm running Zwizm build (http://www.d3planner.com/557051093 with some small modifications and different key bindings). Basically, I have Frost Nova and Black Hole on round-robin with appropriate step cooldowns in ISBoxer, rest of the skills are broadcasted. Yes, I mostly have yellow gear and whopping 20% CDR (from the skill).

Play style is very simple: cast Hydra somewhere in front, stand still and spam Black Hole and Meteor behind Hydra, but in front of me. Black Hole sucks monsters and most of the projectiles. Is something gets close - I use Frost Nova, Hydra finishes them off.

For elites - I'm casting Black Hole on myself (to suck in whatever they might shoot) and Frost Nova with some delay. Most of the elites get affected by Black Hole (even with diminishing returns they're still CC'ed for a bit of time) and then Frost Nova locks them in place.

RG - just spam Frost Nova and Meteor. Even with pretty bad CDR I can manage RG without any problems.

Anyway, I'm just having fun, that's for sure. I didn't imagine wizard team would be so effective without proper gear. Can't wait to get real set items and see how far I can push it.

P.S. Yes, I don't know what they did, but now I have stable 60 fps on both foreground and background characters with ~60% GPU load (but I have cards in SLI).

Count me in for the Wiz love. Decided to do Era this time around but I had never collected Tal Rasha gear so I had to get that out of the way. I've also been pretty lucky getting CC and CHD on all of my F&R rings and I've only have one great Tal Rasha ammy. In any case, you guys have some good times ahead. I was able to complete GR 50 today and had two close fails at 51 (39 and 50 sec over time limit) where I died too many times from lack of skill LOL! I was also able to get up to GR 53 keys in trials so I'm sure some of you guys will be at 55+ once fully setup. So much fun!!!

P.S. Next up, getting my T6 Explosive Blast setup going with at least 75% move speed. 4 Woh's dropped this week so I'm feeling lucky.
    Last edited by Zwizm : 04-13-2015 at 10:30 PM

RNG is treating me really bad. No Serpent Sparker, not a single F&R and no more Tal pieces so far. Got 1 helm which is the only part all 4 wizards already have :/ Doing bounties now to get RoRG for all and FFS, 1 wizard got like 4 already while the others NONE! Really bad luck.

That sucks Devile.

I just completed 6p Tal's on 3 of my team. The 4th is missing several pieces yet. Two have gotten lucky while gambling gloves and have TnT's though they aren't great (one is 46% the other is 48%). I have had two non-ancient SS drop, but they are far from good. I still have a long way to go in my gearing process that is for sure, but I am getting most of the basics out of the way.

I think I need one more Halo of Arlyse and maybe one more Convention of Elements to deck out all my guys with them. I have FnR on two of them, but toughness is my primary issue, not damage currently. So I am working on building up the teams tankiness. I can do low to mid 30's if I play somewhat cautiously. Deaths are what slow me down more than anything. Once I get Halo+APD's on the entire team and get some defensive gems leveled, I should be doing a lot better.

Last night I almost got my Gizzards to 25. After that I will start on Esoteric. With both of those leveled I will then start leveling my damage gems probably in this order Trapped -> Toxin -> Zei's -> PE. I plan to level all of them to 25 just to swap them in and out for testing to see what works best with my play style.

I had considered Mutilation guard, but we already get a large melee damage reduction with Halo ring. Not really sure if it is worth a jewelry socket spot.

I went with Gizzard first because it just gives a lot of toughness for low to mid GR's, but I feel Esoteric will eventually outstrip it especially once I have Halo and APD's on the entire team. Once I am to the point of just running Esoteric for defense, I will probably run Trapped and Toxin as my dps gems. Zei's could work but that requires perfect Hydra placement to maximize it and with 4 characters to controls I just don't see that happening. Besides 4x Toxin provides a larger buff than Zei's anyway and comes with a DoT which gets nicely boosted by Tal's 6p to do decent damage as well. I think Toxin will be our best second gem.

I don't plan to use PE much to reach crazy ias breakpoints on Hydra. I am shooting for the 3.07 breakpoint for the Hydra and that only takes 38% ias if you have a 7% roll on your SS and a 50% TnT. That can be reached with IAS on rings, gloves, paragon, chest all perfect rolls. I may end up using Slow Time with the attack speed buff rune to make it easier to hit the BP's.

I have also toyed with the idea of dropping one of the Wizards for a Tiki WD. The WD could provide elite affix lock as well as constant BBV for 20% attack speed (assuming I can get an SMK). Dropping a wizard would be made up for by the Doc providing a large amount of damage buffs to the wizards (30% BBV, 20% poison haunt, 15% piranhas).

The other option is to drop a Wizard for a ZDPS crusader. Laws of Valor would cover the attack speed buff and the sader could also bring 20% crit and 20% damage from Shield Glare. This option is more appealing because Shield Glare can be put right in the round robin rotation with Frost Nova to maintain boss stunlock, whereas the WD has to actually cast his stun (Black Blood Sacrifice).

I don't normally play mixed teams, but I could see those swaps being pretty easy to manage and they could bring a lot to the table.

I played like 6 hours yesterday and didn't get a single important upgrade. Hopefully today things will be different.

As for wizards, I'm not liking much all the dsyncs caused by certain elite affixes. There's no way to lock the whole elite pack before they cast something. Fear, knockback, vortex and wormhole are my biggest pains and that's gonna be a LOT worse in higher GR where u rely completely on your nova rotation ... 1 dead wizard and that can mean full team wipe. I wanna try something something else to initiate (moba/dota term) on elites. Dunno, maybe Teleport Calamity to jump/stun a pack before they can do anything, or be able to escape and then reinitiate where there are no ground effects, or even fully skip the pack ... I dunno. Maybe higher movement speed with a Crusader buff. Most, if not ALL my deaths come from letting elites cast those initial ground effects and 1 or several wizards end up running around the screen or die.

If I don't go with F&R, I'll prolly go with Unity + Halo of Arlyse and Illusionist + Teleport. Yeah, I know is a TON of dps loss but that won't matter if u fail the rift. DPS will kill faster but if u spend minutes facing the ground, it wont really matter at the end. I've seen plenty of GR50+ without F&R so it may work.

I find that round robin blackhole fixes most of the desync problems due to elite affixes. Using event horizon lets me get rid of any ground effects that do go off.

I'd be interested in seeing how a 3wiz+x team would go, definitely potential there. As long as they can help perma cc the RG then I'd be happy, because making the RG a snoozefest is one of my favourite things about 4wiz.

I'm building towards an exp set on each wiz to farm paragon from ~GR35. It's possible to get ~170% increased exp and still have Tal6, which should be more than enough DPS for GR35.

That is the beauty of the Sader. He can use Divine Verdict Shield Glare and join right in the nova rotation with the wizards to keep the stun lock up. Monk or DH could do this as well, but they don't provide nearly as much to the group as Sader.

I definitely won't play on S3 but I'm starting a Wiz team too, I have seen how it works. I have the same problem as you guys, which is, Tal Rasha seem to be VERY hard to drop. I have a complete Firebird set on all my characters, plenty of Vir's, some Delsere's, and... Maybe 4 pieces of Tal Rasha overall. That's going to be a long way.

Also i'm pretty sure that you know it, the #1 Paragon dude (non-season) is a multiboxer, and he uses that same setup at the moment (1x zDPS Crusader with all the XP stuff, and 3x Tal Rasha Wizards), and what he does all day is chaining GR41 in about 3 minutes.

He has a Twitch stream with a very bad image quality and it's in french (which doesn't bother me since I'm french), but you can see what he does and how.