Close
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Showing results 51 to 60 of 105

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    I'm playing my DHs again and they make my wizards look bad in terms of damage. I'll be working on a Natalya's build on non-season. Right now I have almost all pieces, just missing 3 belts. I was farming GR37-40 with my same old M6 build with just F&R and it was just silly. Died a few times, more often than with wizards but mostly was just killing everything faster. Hopefully survivability won't be an issue once I go with Natalya's. Will post in a different thread.

About barbs, whats the multiboxing goto build? WW with 4 IK + 6 WotW?
    Nats set is dumb... honestly with perfect nats set and the ability to run strongarm with fire based RoV its pretty silly damage especially if done with a CDR based build you can get it down to 2 seconds between RoV.

Wizards in general are great damage but their survivability is pretty crap.

I'm running 6p WoTW and bk swords with two of 3 barbs generating health globes. Higher GRs i remove my sprint for damage reduction CoTA for scary packs (frozen + jailer+ waller etc type stuff) as well as for the rift guardian. Damage is pretty strong as with FnR I'm having my tornados crit over 300m each which is about the same as a demon hunter's multishot in full ancient gear without the DML proc. But yes if you are pushing GR you want 6+4 and using unity to spread damage evenly along with the damage reduction CoTA. The main problem is damage and RG can take a long time if you don't get to trap them in a corner.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

OK I'm back in business... And did some tests.

- I have been chaining GR 39-40's with ~80% XP bonus (Leoric's Helm + Red Gem + mediocre Tal Rasha amulets). Then I gambled gloves at Kadala so right now all my toons have Taskers and Theo's, 3 of them being "tri-fectas" with Attack Speed + Crit % + Crit Damage (and Int). Then I used Serpent Sparkers (non-ancients). Still, I have the feeling that it's inferior to a "random-ancient-weapon" setup. I need a set of ancient sparkers, which I won't get anytime soon.

- Having one character spamming Slow Time is a wonder, specially with dedicated gear (Gesture of Orpheus + Crown of the Primus). I'm even considering a setup with 2 pieces of Delsere's (boots and shoulder) so that I can cast Slow Time every ~2-3 seconds and fill the screen with it. That "Point of No Return" rune works great even on Rift Guardians, and the DPS loss due to not having Meteor boots will be compensated by the "permanent" +15% Damage, +10% Attack Speed, -25% damage taken, 80% slow and almost chain-stun from the Slow Time runes.

You can notice at the end of Devile's video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLsQFO5EFyo) how the Rift Guardian gets stun each time he wants to go in or out of the Slow Time bubble. However, Bloodmaw jumps out of the time bubble without being stun, and teleporting bosses (like Skeleton King) will ignore it too.

I'm thinking of something like this :

http://www.d3planner.com/897036417

Dude will be using Magic Missile + Glacial Spike for (Slow Time CD reduction) and Blizzard + Lighting Storm for the Ligthning damage buff, plus a Fire spell and an Arcane spell. Other Wizard are regular DPS dudes.
    Last edited by Cmoidudu : 04-30-2015 at 09:02 AM

Here is the video of a GR 47 using that spamming Slow Time dude. Then I failed 48... Difficult Rift, and one of my character crashed

[edit] There goes GR48. And now i'm back to GR38-40, where everything melts in 5 minutes with ~80% XP bonus...

Last edited by Cmoidudu : 04-30-2015 at 12:31 PM

Just talking to myself I guess, but here are a couple of recent adjustments that I made to the team :

- I wasn't properly casting my Hydras. Most of the time only 1 out of 4 were up, and I finally found why... This is because when I channel Electrocute with left mouse button, it sort of messes up casts done with other keys on windows 2, 3 and 4. So I just had to learn how to stop casting for a second so that I can spread my Hydras

- I changed my Arcane spell (Arcane Torrent + Cascade) which wasn't hitting all the time, and chose Magic Missile + Seeker which is an automatic hit. This way i'm almost all the time with full damage buffs (4 stacks of Tal Rasha + Focus + Restraint). Former videos showed that most of the time I missed one Tal Rasha element (only 3 stacks out of 4), which is 150% damage buff...

Noticed that as well. My solution was spam 1 a few times which is bad habit and DPS loss.

Saw that a couple days ago. Really nice setup he has there. Found his 4 profiles but don't seem to be updated or at least matching his videos. I think he achieves perma stun with 3 skills: DH Fan of Knives Fan of Daggers, Crusader Shield Glare + Sweep Attack Trip Attack. Also the monk has an Eun-jang-do. The one thing I dont get is his Crusader and how is he resetting cooldowns if he is not using Obsidian. He uses F&R but I can see the cooldowns skip seconds. What item or skill does that?

PS: Also uses Crippling Wave Tsunami on the monk.
    PS2: nvm, Roland's set effect resets cooldowns.
    Last edited by Devile : 05-04-2015 at 05:51 PM

Honestly, they really need to fix WD tiki build. I am using it as well but it really trivializes so much of the game that at points I stop using it. I'm not sure why he wasn't just including sacrifice on the WD to add the 3 second stun and the rest of the team can now be pure DPS.

I'm thinking maybe this is the best route to go as well. I could just do 3 wizards and the tiki WD and I would no longer have surviviability issues
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Not really, u still need the monk to survive. The mantras + Inner Sanctuary provide a TON of damage reduction, otherwise u get killed easily at GR50+. Tiki helps but forces u to be very close to danger. 24 yards is very close range for squishy chars like wizards. That combo works very good cause he can deal high damage and also take damage without dying.
    Last edited by Devile : 05-04-2015 at 05:31 PM

zDPS WD helps a lot against elites (I know hwt I'm talking of), it turns the fights into a mere DPS challenge.

But on the Rift Guardian it's a different matter, and you need more than that to incapacitate the boss.