Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Keyboard / Mouse Overlay Concept

Finally decided to share the keyboard overlay, and here's a video showing how to do just that:

https://youtu.be/-AmjRFjgWoo

---------- Older Posts ----------

Got the mouse overlay working, as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rmGwDK8MX8

---------------------

Using ISBoxer's Menu system (and some help from Lax to create a custom iss file), I was able to create a keyboard overlay which shows the buttons that you're pressing.

https://youtu.be/68YhpZOGcxs

It's not very useful for someone who plays without an audience, but it can be useful for those who stream or put out content on YouTube. At the moment it's just a proof of concept, but hopefully I can clean it up and turn it into a fully functional custom template that I can share.

Cross-post from the ISBoxer forums.
    Last edited by MiRai : 06-15-2015 at 03:31 PM Reason: New Video Link
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

That's pretty sexy. Could definitely see it being useful for a sleek stream setup or instructional videos. Also makes me feel like such a pleb looking at that going: "ya, I have absolutely no idea how that works".

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    That's pretty sexy. Could definitely see it being useful for a sleek stream setup or instructional videos.
    That's exactly why I wanted to try to make this happen. There are some semi-basic keyboard overlay programs, but I don't think they're going to give me the full creative control that I want over the buttons of the keyboard, and the fact that this is built into ISBoxer makes it a win win.

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    Also makes me feel like such a pleb looking at that going: "ya, I have absolutely no idea how that works".
    I have the keyboard overlay fully implemented into a custom menu template at the moment, but I'm still making some changes. The template will be released to the public in due time, and I'll put out a tutorial video on how to install it and what not, so whomever wants to use it can. However, what is seen in the video will be fairly hard-coded into the template, and if anyone wants to make changes, they'll have to decode the XML files in order to do it, as well as provide their own images beyond what I supply.

At the moment, I'm trying to step up my game and add in a mouse overlay, as well.

http://i.imgur.com/SEyqCPA.jpg (terrible image quality - compressed jpeg)

The mouse overlay won't be included with the keyboard template since it'll be customized to me only, and will require a large amount of Photoshop work in order to customize.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Blog Entries

Really beautiful!

I've been thinking that the thing I really need is a menu that I can pop up that will show me on a menu of my gkeys (mouse, 12) and gkeys (keyboard) 18 what all of my special keys are doing. Maybe next month I'll have time.

just remember to turn them off before you enter your password. i always wonted to do something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    just remember to turn them off before you enter your password. i always wonted to do something like this.
    Good point there actually. Didn't even consider than, so glad you pointed that out. Although someone catching it from a livestream is rather unlikely.

The mouse overlay is now functional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rmGwDK8MX8

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    I would normally add the Menus to the on/off Key Map toggle since they do block a good portion of the screen and I'd need some way to toggle them anyway.

Wonderful impressive work.

Finally decided to share the keyboard overlay, and here's a video showing how to use it:

https://youtu.be/-AmjRFjgWoo

For anyone who is curious, I do not have any plans to share the mouse overlay.