Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Wink Just wondering =-)

Hello,

you can consider me "new" to boxing. I was running 5 boxes 6 months before EQ1 Ruins of Kunark. Literal boxes, lol...2-3 keyboards couple of switches go from screen to screen...yea a nightmare.....but a flipping blast!!!!!!

I see it has streamlined quite a bit these days and looks great from reviews and youtube. I have decided to give ISBoxer/Lavish a shot as they seem to have a program or 2 aimed dead at the game i love the most, EQ1/2.

So by asking in the eq fourms, i got an answer on the purchases i need to make now that it has gone FTP. After reading other threads here and ISBoxer i think my system can handle it.

Asus Z97-A with 5 way optimization

Core i5 4690k

8Ghz Kingston HyperX ram

650W PSU

Nvidia 750 TI ftw edition

Water cooled

If i read and understood correctly, i should be able to run 4 accounts maybe sac'ing some gfx....wich is ok untill i grab another 750 and SLI it. Will I need a new HD for each accnt, or could i run the .exe across all four on this one rig with a single drive?

Ok i think i have confused us both enough for the moment, if anyone can see what i am asking and could drop a line to help enlighten....it would be awesome!!!

http://ISboxer.com/forums is a good place to ask specific ISBoxer questions (if you're signed up), along with having a look at http://ISBoxer.com and http://ISBoxer.com/wiki/FAQ

However,
    You don't need a separate install of the game per instance. ISboxer takes care of copies of the right files in order to save you some disk space, and the files it copies are some simple .ini files, so they don't take up much room at all.

Your 750 TI may be ok (people have boxed with less). With SLI you don't get use of the extra vRAM, just extra grunt. Graphics settings will need vRAM as you increase them, along with the grunt to generate them.

Your RAM may be limiting, but then again, each game is different, and you may be ok here too.

As a general rule it is recommended for 1 core per game instance. You have 4 cores, so 4 is a good starting point, however you may find you can get away with 5 or 6 too. Definitely worth a shot, especially on a FTP .
    Last edited by mbox_bob : 04-07-2015 at 11:30 PM

I do apologize for asking another fourms questions here. They have a catch, you must wait for Lavish to proccess your registration before you can post on ISBoxers boards..... Just wondering if it was really going to be worth my time or if i should hold off till i get another GPU to SLI and maybe the i7 Canyon

Oh, you're not in the wrong place at all, dual-boxing is all about multiboxing. Don't get me wrong on that one. ISboxer questions are welcome here too . It was more a pointer to the resources if you didn't know.

That aside, there is no point in waiting for a computer upgrade. You should test out first with what you have to find out whether you need to upgrade.