Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 16 of 16

You're right, I should have googled it before asking. I was jotting down all of the questions I had while planning to multibox, I googled a few of them but didn't even bother to search others. My apologies.

In light of that, I think I've found answers to:

1. http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...o-Launch-Login
    2. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Multiboxing 5 instances, recommended: 4-6 CPU cores, 5GB RAM, 512MB video card
    I have (currently) an AMD Phenom II X4 965BE (4 cores), 8GB of RAM, Radeon 6850 (1GB). This seems like I should be able to at least make it work, even though it might not be pushing any performance boundaries.
    4. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199913904 2 Mount options from RaF (Heart of the Nightwing and X-53) and 1 in-game option: Vial of the Sands.

I really appreciate all the guidance you guys have provided so far.
    Last edited by Mancolt : 04-20-2015 at 05:36 PM Reason: some parts were accidentally deleted

So i kinda sorta zipped thru this thread real quick like.
    Did you mention what server you plan to roll on? Also, what faction?

Quote Originally Posted by Mancolt View Post
    Things got busy, and I set this aside for a couple weeks. Haven't yet set up my other accounts, but am hoping to do so in the next week or two.

At this point, I really just want to get some toons to level 100 so I can decide which one(s) I want to experience end-game PvE and PvP content with. Eventually, I may look into truly multiboxing my own team of 5. But for now, my goal is to play my level 100, and power level 4 additional accounts via RaF. I've also got two friends that might come back to WoW if I set them up with a level 90. I'll probably set them up with a few level 90s, in case they don't like a particular class. I want to play all 5 so that I don't compromise anyone else's dungeon experience with me trying (keyword: trying) to play multiple characters. And 4 additional copies of the base game was so cheap, why not have the extra accounts. Don't know yet whether I'll get WoD for them, that's definitely TBD once I get a couple level 90's on each.

I still haven't ruled out ISBoxer, but I'm hoping there's a free alternative if all I want to do is play my 100, while the additional 4 follow along. Don't really care that they do much at all, aside from pick up quests and follow and stay alive. Is ISBoxer still the best option for this, or would HKN work just fine, and be relatively easy to setup since I'm not trying to do anything advanced with the followers? I think Jamba will still be a really useful addon, even with such minimal requirements of the followers.

Some additional questions I'm wondering about (some of them WoW/RaF specific, not multiboxing):

1. Does HKN or any other free alternative offer the ability to customize video settings? Since I'll really only be playing my main, I want that on my primary monitor. I'd like to have the other 4 games showing in quadrants on my 2nd monitor. ISBoxer is probably the easiest way to set this up, but if there's a free solution that's just a little more work, I'd like to look into it.

I know know some that use AHK and play fine without isboxer, but i love isboxer so..... thats my choice

2. What system specs would you recommend for multiboxing 5 accounts. I've been thinking about a new PC for awhile, and this might just be the impetus. What are the minimum settings I can run the 4 "non-primary" WoW instances on?

From a few boxers coming back form MOP to WOD they found they needed more then the 8gb they used to have.

3. If I RaF all accounts from my main, do they still get the +300% XP bonus even though the main would be a level 100? Do I just need to make sure they stay within 100 yards of the main? The reason for referring in this manner is so I can grant all levels back to my main account. I may not need 4 accounts worth of level granting though, so I may do a hybrid main referral to 2 accounts, and daisy chain 2 secondary accounts off of those other 2 secondary accounts. Plus that gives my main account the most free game time, should I choose not to continue on with all of the additional accounts.

if you have a higer level in the group then it overright the xp boost, i think i did mine A>B>C D>E so if i was to boost then B>C would give each over 300% xp.

4. Is the X-53 Rocket the only multi-person flying mount? I'm assuming this would be a big benefit to have, which I can get by buying the extra game time. But if meeting stones work for summoning all party members (unclear on the specifics, as I've never used them) this might not be necessary at all

there is 3 but i see on newer post that u found that , for summoning posts you need 2 players at the stone (jamba has a opt to auto accept the summon.) when i was leveling my 5 dps i would take my main to the stone with a CLONE and summon the other and then summon the 1st one do the dungon there till i outleveled and then back logon 100 and fly to next stone/dungeon. if i can i try to make a group fill all the roles and use LFG tool/

5. From my understanding, I can't do LFD with 4 level 15s and a level 100 in a party. So will I need to physically travel to the entrance of the instances, and with how many of the characters [my thought is 2 (#s 1&2): 1 summons 3 who summons 5, and 2 summons 4]? How close in level must all party members be in order to do LFD? Can I use the meeting stone if I get there as a level 100 to summon the rest of the group? Does the meeting stone provide any benefits, or will the RaF summons work better
    see the post at the top about some summon stuff
    There is no level on summon stones now a days just i think you need to be 15+, There is no benefits from the stones
    Warlocks can make a summon stone anywhere but you need three players to make it, then it works like anyother summon post in the game.
    LFG/LFD tool can olny be used by a level that can use the dungeon (around 10 levels) if you go to high then your going to get xp probs.
    The raf summon is cool but can not summon higher levels but a level 100 can summon low levels. it has a LONG 60 min cooldown. Could be used to get to the summon stone and summon that with raf to summon the other 3 to the dungeon. 2 players to use a summon stone.

Welcome to dual-boxing.com i have done some you Questions in BOLD in the quote

Emitchell - I have a level 100 Horde on Mug'Thol, but I'm considering transferring him to another realm, likely Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    Welcome to dual-boxing.com i have done some you Questions in BOLD in the quote
    Thank you for responding. I'm thinking about doing the referral A>B>D and A>C>E. So as long as they're all grouped up, they should all get the +300% xp, and then 2 accounts can grant levels to my main account (the account with the lvl 100 running them through the instances).

ISBoxer is only $15 for 3 months, and that will get me to the end of the RaF period. That should be plenty of time to decide if I like ISBoxer enough to pay the yearly subscription fee.

Disappointed to hear 8GB might not be enough. I'm assuming those people are playing with the other 4 "non-primary" instances of WoW on the bare minimum settings?

You mention taking your main to the dungeon with a clone. What do you mean by a clone?

Quote Originally Posted by ebony
    The raf summon is cool but can not summon higher levels but a level 100 can summon low levels. it has a LONG 60 min cooldown. Could be used to get to the summon stone and summon that with raf to summon the other 3 to the dungeon. 2 players to use a summon stone.
    That was my plan exactly. Get the level 100 to the stone, use the RaF summon to get the first guy there and then use the meeting stone to summon the remaining 3.

Thanks for taking the time to answer each of my questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Mancolt View Post
    Emitchell - I have a level 100 Horde on Mug'Thol, but I'm considering transferring him to another realm, likely Arthas.

Thank you for responding. I'm thinking about doing the referral A>B>D and A>C>E. So as long as they're all grouped up, they should all get the +300% xp, and then 2 accounts can grant levels to my main account (the account with the lvl 100 running them through the instances).

ISBoxer is only $15 for 3 months, and that will get me to the end of the RaF period. That should be plenty of time to decide if I like ISBoxer enough to pay the yearly subscription fee.

Disappointed to hear 8GB might not be enough. I'm assuming those people are playing with the other 4 "non-primary" instances of WoW on the bare minimum settings?

You mention taking your main to the dungeon with a clone. What do you mean by a clone?

That was my plan exactly. Get the level 100 to the stone, use the RaF summon to get the first guy there and then use the meeting stone to summon the remaining 3.

Thanks for taking the time to answer each of my questions!
    Clone is what i would call the other slaves? as normally boxers make them look the same as the master.

Your very welcome and hope you have fun

I purposely choose multi races/sex/features to FIGHT the clone look. My Multiboxer buddy is all about some CLONES though. His hunters/locks are identical. haha

To each their own.
    *shrug