Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 46

Default Season 3 Witchdoctor team plans/theorycraft - Discussion and Feedback

Because previous thread went into automation and got locked, creating new thread to discuss the build itself.
    Last edited by joes : 04-01-2015 at 10:19 AM

copy paste build so we dont have to refer to old thread

Here is a link to a build for my Tiki Zuni WD for the team:
    http://ptr.d3planner.com/187529503

My other three Docs will run the following build:
    http://ptr.d3planner.com/780791157

So no talking about keyboard and software macros this time around. I assume we can still discuss Isboxer keymaps as long as they don't automate gameplay.

Double post sorry
    Last edited by Cmoidudu : 04-01-2015 at 03:30 PM

Dude I don't know, your theorycrafting is good, but still at GR40+ the rift guardian hit like a truck... and your characters seem a little weak there.

Some rift guardians will just ignore your pets, teleport, and one-shoot one of your characters, if not the whole team. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Cmoidudu View Post
    Dude I don't know, your theorycrafting is good, but still at GR40+ the rift guardian hit like a truck... and your characters seem a little weak there.

Some rift guardians will just ignore your pets, teleport, and one-shoot one of your characters, if not the whole team. -_-
    I'm not sure you read the original thread entirely or if you did you missed the part about the new Homonculus mojo allowing the three jade builds in this team to round robin Black Blood Sacrifice to keep the RG stunlocked the entire fight.

The whole point behind this team setup is toughness. Just like every leaderboard group pushing grifts uses a lock doc to keep elites locked down to make progression easier, my team will build on that and then use the other 3 docs to lock down the RG's and other annoying mobs as well. That is something a lock doc cannot currently do (outside of zero cooldown zdog specs using legacy gear in non-seasons).

Oh I'll be very glad to be wrong. At the moment, my zDPS locks elites properly, but RG is another matter. It would be cool if that "Summon a dog every 2 seconds and then it explodes and stuns stuff for 3 seconds" works, but...

We'll see in 2.2 how it really works.
    Last edited by Cmoidudu : 04-02-2015 at 02:24 AM

Plenty of other class combos can perma-CC rift guardians. I hadn't noticed the Homunculus change, but it's a really good idea and the 0.9s stun * 3 covering the 2 second respawn for dogs is sound.

I had survivability issues in the past when multiboxing WDs at 36-37+ Grifts, even with a Tiki doc. My gear wasn't super good and I didn't practice it very much, so I'd be interested in seeing the potential with this setup in 2.2.

Indeed it is sound Magicme. I have a zero cooldown zombie dog WD on non-seasons using some legacy gear from my time at release. Using zerodog there is no issue locking down a RG with Black Blood Sacrifice. Now with the new Homonculus the same can be done by multiboxers using at least 3 characters without legacy gear.

You are also right about other classes being able to do it, but I think WD still is the best because it requires no CDR whatsoever. The other two classes that can stunlock the RG (Wiz with freeze and DH with actual stun) require high amounts of CDR (59% for Wizard and I believe even more for DH). The other two classes that can CC the RG (Sader and Monk) use blind which still allows the RG to move around a little so it is a bit more annoying thatn hard stuns/freeze. Barb gets the short end of the stick in the fact that they have a great 4 second stun for the purpose, but like DH/Wiz it takes a lot of CDR to round robin and it has an additional flaw in that it requires the Barb to actually do an animation to use the skill. This means Barb multiboxers can't cast it while running without desyncing their characters (Saders have this same issue and theirs is directional without the shield for Shield Glare).

Utlimately, I feel WD will have the best option for CC round robin in 2.2. DH and Wizard are probably the next best two classes with Monk falling just after them. Sader and Barb are probably the worst in that regard. The main issue with Barb is not having a dps spec that can integrate the stun very well. All the other classes can use the stun much more reliably in a decent spec.

WD is a very good class for locking AND adding damage to the 3 other dudes...

+30% from Big Bad Voodoo (100% uptime)
    +20% from Haunt / Poisoned Spirits (100% uptime)
    +15% from Piranhas / Piranhado (100% uptime with Creeping Death passive)
    +20% from Mass Confusion / Paranoia (~70% uptime)
    +20-30% from Strongarm bracers with Piranhas / Piranhado (~60% uptime)