Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 42

Default need update isboxer

Hellow all,

after a couple of months rumormongering i'd like to know who is using isboxer and what he's doing with it. I've got people telling me they are using isboxer + vfx without issues and other saying they're banned for using it....

let me know what you are doing, not what you think someone got banned for...

thanks!

Eve doesn't allow multiboxing anymore.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...g-January-2015

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Eve doesn't allow multiboxing anymore.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...g-January-2015
    sigh* multiboxing is allowed gimme sec to write up stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo_ View Post
    Hellow all,

after a couple of months rumormongering i'd like to know who is using isboxer and what he's doing with it. I've got people telling me they are using isboxer + vfx without issues and other saying they're banned for using it....

let me know what you are doing, not what you think someone got banned for...

thanks!
    Okay, i have proof that round robin and rollover (as well as input multiplexing - if you need definition i'd like you to not waste everyones time and go read forum post first)
    Also proof has been posted onto these forums so find it somewhere, mosg posted it

SO FAR the cut off for features to use is videofx, any other funkytown business i'd not do
    I have been banned once, and i believe it was for round robin but gm's dont like to give straight answers
    so if you ask if "X is okay" the answer is "lolnogetrekt"

Your question in itself is very vague, are you trying to fish for ideas or just don't know what to do with your accounts?

Client modification (apparently aero falls under that catagory now) is illegal so as long as you dont put videofx inside an eve window you should be okay.

I currently have a 12 account setup for different activities, across two monitors 6 on each monitor, in quadrants, with 2 videofx windows in each monitors bottom right quadrant

A few people have been multiboxing incursions with success and seem to be doing well

Tools has been running incursions out of isboxer i believe and is doing well

Last i heard, lord's corp has narrowed to a strictly videofx only policy that being said its been a while since i've heard from him so may have been banned
    I have a feeling alot of people have been banned and have shut up about it

Shrug

Also again to the guy who said eve doesnt allow multiboxing, completely ignorant, eve does allow multiboxing, does allow multiboxing with 3rd party tools (to a point) and guy should be ignored

That being said, CCP is being super bitchy lately and the impression they are giving is, they want us to stop

What a douche-bag! I'm completely ignorant? You've been banned for using IsBoxer, and mention people can only use VideoFX and no input broadcasting. That could barely be called multiboxing.

All forbidden:
    Activation and control of ships and modules
    Navigation and movement within the EVE universe
    Movement of assets and items within the EVE universe
    Interaction with other characters

Yes...but....Multiboxing refers to playing as multiple separate characters simultaneously in an MMORPGs.
    And I was banned by the invisi-rule
    So yes you are completely ignorant of the definition, well done

Also everytime i open two clients without the use of isboxer i am technically multiboxing

thanks for the reply - my issue is this:

i can not use vfx windows inside an eve client... but i can use it on a dxnothing? correct me if wrong.

that means i can put a vfx of my client in a dxnothing and then add vfx on that same dxnothing....
    or is it the- you can not activate modules/select things from a vfx/dxnothing
    > basicly you can use it to view things, not to control things...

I can multibox without isboxer, but then its just more annoying then anything...
    Last edited by Stevo_ : 03-31-2015 at 01:58 PM

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...rch-21st/page3

Lax's post, the very big one

Basically - It should..(take note of that word) be okay as long as the vfx are not inside another eve client
    DX nothing SHOULD (Again.....) be okay
    Lots of people have been using only VFX since Jan 1st with no problems

I have no idea what you said in the 3rd segment of your reply so i'll put it like this...

Vfx from Client 1 (of....overview or whatever)
    Should not place it inside client 2, only on a dxnothing window.
    Some people have been saying there is no way for CCP to detect this...and apparently they've been saying that they cant detect it either.

If you want to be completely 100% safe, unsub all accounts but main
    banhammer be swinging

Personally believe all the people sprouting on about non isboxers being banned is bullshit, CCP has the right to monitor your hardware and can detect whether someone is using isboxer or not

oh you edited your post, people have been using vfx to control mods and stuff
    Last edited by thedevilyouknow : 03-31-2015 at 02:04 PM

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    Last i heard, lord's corp has narrowed to a strictly videofx only policy
    Correct.

that being said its been a while since i've heard from him so may have been banned
    I have a feeling alot of people have been banned and have shut up about it
    Naw, I'm still here.

I've been banned from eve exactly twice EVER - first was ages ago(literally 5 or more years ago) when I went on a drunkpoasting rant on the forums, also resulted in Lord's being forumpost permabanned (but not any of my other chars, that's why I always post my videos with Servants).

Second was more recently, and that was due to someone trying to steal some of my accounts. He told a ton of lies to CCP, and most of my accounts were tempbanned while CCP investigated. CCP exhaustively went through all of my wallets, assets, specifically what I was doing with each account/character, realized he was lying like crazy, and by his own admission during a temper tantrum on reddit, he has been permabanned on all his accounts. I've got all my accounts back, and am continuing per the norm.

The reason I went into such detail for the second is that CCP knows EXACTLY how I play eve - that I multibox, what I do with my multiboxing, and exactly how I make my isk/pvp/play eve on all my accounts/characters. There was absolutely no mention of that being any kind of wrongdoing, nor was I banned. I was unbanned and all my stuff returned.

That said, I don't have that many multiboxers in my corp atm compared to the last few months. I know several folks have quit, and it seems that there aren't a lot of multiboxers who are willing to pvp anyways.

Always willing to welcome more, and it really is the best place/way to pvp atm. I'd imagine we don't get half the annoying reports and spam you get in hisec, and we also makes piles more isk (in nonoptimized pve setups, pvp setups are run btw) compared to the laughable numbers I've seen put up from the incursion thread.

Sure there's a bit of risk, but it's also much easier to transition from pvp to pve, and the pvp is great with our setups, and very multiboxer friendly. Atm I'm currently working on rebuilding my alliance as it did take a bit of a hit in activity during the month or so I was tempbanned while CCP investigated all my accounts (I wasn't joking when I said it was THOROUGH).

To clarify, I use video feed throughs for my multiboxing, can hit ctrl 1, ctrl 2, ctrl 3 etc etc to swap focus to various character screens (like alt tab, which I also sometimes use) and that's it.

I have video views/sources on both dxnothing AND overlaid on top of client windows. I have seen/heard nothing from CCP to say this is illegal, nor was I told it was illegal when CCP went through ALL my stuff with a fine-toothed comb.

Don't modify the client, and don't do anything that someone with a regular client couldn't do. When I broadcast for shields, I actually click the little broadcast button through a video feed through - no clickbars, no built in hotkeys.

I personally think actually clicking lots of stuff and playing everything just as you would if you were playing the game with 1 client is important - I'm still playing eve, not a stripped down and/or minimalist completely different thing.

EDIT: my setup looks something like this, altho thats a bit older, newer setup is more streamlined, and I've dropped a few accounts since it's oppressive to plex that many for the sole purpose of fleet pew and grinding isk only.

http://i.imgur.com/TPzPm7Q.jpg
    Last edited by LordsServant : 03-31-2015 at 02:14 PM